305K views 2K replies 85 participants last post by  Skopje/Скопје 
#1 · (Edited)
#6 ·
Looks very nice :eek:kay:

#8 · (Edited)
^^

Bitola has a better touristic perspective than Skopje cause

- it looks better overall
- it's closeer to Ohrid which is a touristic champion (only 70km). So it's like a package deal
- It also has the ruins of the Ancient Macedonian town of Heraclea Lyncestis and they are realtively well preserved and excavated. I'll put up some pics later on. Maybe when ancient Skopje (Scupi) gets excavated we will disregard this point.

as for the current touristic figures... I don't have them

#13 ·
Awesome photos of Bitola and these Roman ruins.
This summer, If I even make it to the Balkans (after spoiling myself to three months last summer, I don't really deserve to go, lol) , I will visit Macedonia:yes:
Places like Ohrid/Struga, Bitolj and Skoplje. I've also heard good things about Strumica and its male to female ratio;)

#14 ·
wonderful pictures of Bitola guys, keep up the good work!!!

The central part of "shirok sokak" in Bitola is all renovated (as can be seen on the pics) but those other little streets surrounding it are yet not renovated (as can be seen) but hopefully that will happen soon aswell.

Tourism in Bitola is not as developed as Ohrid and Struga, and it lags way behind Skopje too, which is a shame since it has the best architecture in Macedonia.

@Islom, yeh i heard girls in Strumica are hot:)

#19 ·
trakia said:
KAMENITZA = GREAT BEER!!! I am glad to see they export it...
they are trying to penetrate the market since 10 months ago, but I don't think they are achieving anything spectacular nor that they will. Nothing wrong with Kamenitza or anything it's just that the beer market is rather well defined here and it's very hard for new players to penetrate even if its some world known brand. The last succesful brand coming in was Slovenian "Lasko" at least 6-7 years ago. After that all I've seen was failures....

:cheers:

#20 ·
If Lasko can do it, KAMENITZA can also do it. The beer is really great. They have like 20-30 different varieities. The firm is among the leading Bulgarian firms...of course acquired by some Europen brewery. It would be really a shame if Macedonians don't accept KAMENITZA. It is definitely worth its price.

#22 ·
trakia said:
new bulgaria, can you tell me where the stores are? I will be in NYC in a couple weeks. Want to stock up!
There is a dely looking store on 8th avenue between 45 & 46 on the east side of the street (could be a block up or down). They sell almost any beer made in the world including the Balkans. They sell Kamenitza and Zagorka. Will see whether they have Skopsko.

Ha nazdrave!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.