SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Skopje Photo Album

Tags
skopje
252K views 1K replies 114 participants last post by  Skopje/Скопје 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm starting this thread to celebrate the return of SSC :)

These are just some ordinary pics of the bus station

Arrivals:

Departures:

I dont know why, but security is really tight for a bus station.

Something is wrong here... :bash:

Some night pics. One of the entrances...

See less See more
#128 ·
Actually when someone says "commie block" here in Macedonia we think of those pre-90s buildings which all look the same and are arranged in a strict order. In other words they reflect the communist mentality. That's why I said that commie = communist.
I've seen beautiful blocks of residential buildings with expensive apartments and nobody calls THEM "commie blocks".

#129 ·
I know what you mean.
..Of course new flats if are in more numbers and over 4-6 and more level high are commie block too..
commie block:( big residental houses build with great numbers)
Finland ,Sweden, Netherland all built them you can find photos SSC
built in GB (70s, 80s) in great numbers 16 levels high
Hongong....till now and still buil new 30 levels high!
China continue to build them...
Russia has them a lot a others EE and CE countries
France...Paris suburbs well known commie blocks
big cities in Latin America...etc

#140 ·
Good stuff dewrob :cheers:
I like your idea of taking pics while driving. It shows ordinary life going on.

BTW I climbed a nearby highrise today, to check the visibility and I took a picture while I was at it. Here it is. I hate posting single pictures, but it is a panorama, so Im making an exception :D

#141 ·
^^

yeah but it's better on foot. it's very limited while U drive, U can't shoot the pedestrial zones where there is more movement of people, U can't focus on details, the angles are limited, the bird crap on the windshield is unavoidable, if U slow down for a minute to take a pic some maniac honks and screams behind U.... it was quite stresfull... next time I'm going on foot.

#157 · (Edited)
its a great city... of course it has parts wich are less nice, but overall its a great city, and the city center is really nice and tidy... i can agree that the architecture is not experimental or exciting, but it is not a boring city after my opinion. there are a lot of things u can do in skopje :cheers:

#158 ·
its a great city... of course it has parts wich are less nice, but overall its a great city, and the city center is really nice and tidy... i can agree that the architecture is not experimental or exciting, but it is not a boring city:cheers:
actually much of the architecure is experimental and from a professional architectural viewpoint exciting it just comes from a different age, particulary 70s and 80s. Some objects in the city are true masterpieces from that period. The concept however is often not perceived well by the 'regular eye'. But the lack of full implementation of the masterplan contributes to that to a huge extent.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.