SkyscraperCity Forum banner

My pictures from my trip in Macedonia

Tags
macedonia
32K views 135 replies 42 participants last post by  Zanovijetalo 
#1 ·
Well i think it is about time i post some pictures that i took while in Macedonia from June 26 to September 24:)
They'll be from Skopje and Ohrid since i didn't have the opportunity to go else where:( (I did go to Vienna on my way to Skopje, only went into the city for a few hours, i'll post those another time)

The first part will be from Skopje, mainly the central city part. Later days i'll post better ones from Skopje and Ohrid. But these are just to get the ball rolling.

That's just a taste, there'll be more coming;) :scouserd:

See less See more
#113 · (Edited)
Bulgaria motorways:
sections in service:
Trakiya - 280km
Hemus - 130km
Struma -20km
Cherno more- 10km
Maritza - 40km

Total : 480km - this is data from 2006 and 2007 without the sections that should be ready by the end of 2008.

How did you count that we have less motorways? What should it means considering its size. It's not my problem that you're both livin in midget countries.

And let Realek tell when was built the last rail road in Macedonia .
Bulgaria has several harbours and shipyards on Danube, two big on Black sea and massive railroad system + developed air transport.
And some dude is telling me that we are "closing the gap" because Macedonia should have about 240 km motorway by the end of the year. For a country with 1-2 airports, without any transport rivers or seaports that should be some unheard of achievement.
And that's of course if we talk about transport infrastructure. I don't think that we could even compete on any other infrastructure since Macedonia already has a "big dam".
Oh now I see "Ljubljana" another one from the matrix :lol:

#114 ·
Total : 480km
As much as the midget Slovenia. Interesting. :)

How did you count that we have less motorways? What should it means considering its size. It's not my problem that you're both livin in midget countries.
It's not my problem you live in a huge country (midget compared to Russia). Are you saying that India has a better motorway infrastructure than Bulgaria just b/c it has more motorways overall?

Bulgaria has several harbours and shipyards on Danube, two big on Black sea and massive railroad system + developed air transport.
Well, Macedonia obviously cannot have any port on the Black- or any other sea, and neither on the Danube or any other large river, right? Considering air transport, they have intl. airports, don't they? And railways to Serbia and Greece. Route towards Albania isn't so important yet anyway, and there also isn't any railway to Bulgaria (except through Serbia), just like there's no railway from Bulgaria to Macedonia and Albania (except through Serbia).

#116 · (Edited)
Exactly because Macedonia doesn't have any harbours or seaports that means it's normal to stake on highways. I think I wrote it clear enough. But I don't see how their transport infrastructure is more developed. I'm not saying that Macedonia is rail-roads isolated. I just asked when was built the last rail road there. So there's no need to interpret my words.
I'm saying that Bulgaria has a massive inner rail-road system. I guess many times bigger that one in Slovenia. I think you know that most of the cargo transportation anywhere is made by ships and trains.
And I'm glad you have 480 km highways ,but your fridges still suck :D

^^Verso are you actually gonna get into this? :)
Yeah, like I'm the one who started. Funny guys.

#121 ·
edit: I'm out of the discussion coz we're ruin the thread. But I'm not the one who started the analysis at first place.
Realek explained the situation very well.

Exactly because Macedonia doesn't have any harbours or seaports that means it's normal to stake on highways.
Yeah, b/c Bulgarians take boat to get to Vienna or Istanbul. :hilarious

I think I wrote it clear enough. But I don't see how their transport infrastructure is more developed.
In today's world roads are the ones really important (and HSR, but Bulgaria doesn't have that either) and Macedonia clearly has more motorways.

I'm not saying that Macedonia is rail-roads isolated. I just asked when was built the last rail road there. So there's no need to interpret my words.
Who cares when the last railway was built, important is what's at hand. And yes, Bulgarian railway network is better than the Macedonian one, but as I said, roads are more important.

I'm saying that Bulgaria has a massive inner rail-road system. I guess many times bigger that one in Slovenia.
Considering both countries' sizes - no.

And I'm glad you have 480 km highways ,but your fridges still suck :D
That's why Gorenje exports 99 %. :)

#120 ·
Bratstvo,Jedinstvo finally!?! Man i have tears in my eyes!

:rofl:

#123 ·
Verso just don't take it too serious man,cos I see that you start to write some major bullshit...

#126 ·
Well,don't get me wrong but from post to post one starts to feel the "Yugo arrogance".
And yes Macedonia has more motorways than Bulgaria and Serbia country size...

#128 ·
blue79 you're right.
And also Serbia has 100km more expressways than Bulgaria but 500km less rail roads. But I think that doesn't matter in this thread- the important think is to talk how Bulgaria is far more undeveloped in transportation than Macedonia. I think that was the point of the analysis to start.

"Bugo" - haha go cry over some Tito portrait.

#135 ·
Ljudi, gde se izgubio makedonski odeljak foruma? Nisam bio neko vreme, i sad sam iznenadjen jer nisam mogao da ga nadjem. Moze li neko da mi objasni? :( Dajte, pa ako nema makedonaca koji ce da se ukljuce u odrzavanje treada, mozda mozemo da doprinesemo mi braca iz okolnih zemalja da se tread pokrene. Bar se iz Srbije dosta putuje u makedoniju :) Evo, bugare vidim gde god se pojavi tema o makedoniji, tu je i po neki slovenac ljubitelj, nadje se i neki hrvat, bosanac, crnogorac... A o srbijancima da ne pricam... :) Osim toga, mozda tako pokrenemo i makedonce da posle sami preuzmu svoj odeljak, kad budu poceli da se pojavljuju u vecem broju.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.