SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Welcome to the Urban Showcase

190K views 228 replies 85 participants last post by  christos-greece 
#1 ·
This section is to present self made images of urban settings, this to distinguish from the general Cityscapes and Skyline Photos in which all urban images can be posted. Enjoy.

#91 ·
Changing the topic to the right place- Help me!

Dear Moderator:

Please, help me changing my post (link below) to right topic, I think the righ place is "Urban Showcase", and not "Cityscapes and Skyline Photos" as I posted.

All photos been taken by myself (self made photos).

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1096699

Was first time I posted, and apologise me by the mistake.

All best regards,
Turella

#97 ·
Hi there, and welcome to the forums.

You should probably get your postcount up and running a little. Make some good and useful posts here and there and you're good to go. We have this system to prevent spammers and trolls from posting right after they signed up. Thanks for understanding.

#98 ·
Ah I see. Do complements on the photo threads count as good and useful posts? I've been looming around reading these boards for time, mostly on the photo and London metro threads but never really have much to say (not to say I don't find it interesting/aren't appreciative - both apply hugely) and am defo no troll or spam man

#104 ·
Personally I think people should limit the number of photos in each entry to about a dozen, max. Each page has 20 entries, and if all of them are packed with 50 photos, no one waits for it all to download; everyone just clicks on a new page and ignores the photos on the overloaded page. Therefore people actually discourage viewing of their own pictures.

#115 ·
Jane, you mean the links that we have permanently under our text? These are called a "signature".
1) go to top of page, and click on the left hand side link on the blue line, called UserCP
2) on the left you will see a column called Your Control Panel.
3) go to the third section called Settings & Options, and click on "Edit Signature"
4) Copy and paste the page urls of your threads that you want to list.
5) when done, go to the bottom and click on "Save Signature".

If you have any problems, send me a pm!! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.