daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > United Arab Emirates - دار زايـــد

United Arab Emirates - دار زايـــد The exciting new world in Dubai , Abu Dhabi and other Emirates

Old November 5th, 2004, 11:51 AM   #1
arfie

Likes (Received): 49

Too many buildings

Arent there going to be too many buildings in Dubai which will mean that alot of apartments are going to be left empty. This will dissapoint lots of people that have invested in dubai to rent out there apartments.
arfie no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old November 5th, 2004, 12:09 PM   #2
AltinD
The Modecator

Likes (Received): 2662

Well, if they bought just to rent them, is their problem.

Is common logic if you rush to take from constructor he'll built more, thinking that there is a big demand.
AltinD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2004, 12:14 PM   #3
Jan
High there, what's up!

Likes (Received): 3002

Well, so far most of the things of which the outside world predicted that they wouldn't be feasible, Dubai managed to make them a success. I hope that the people who are responsible for this are just as wise to decide when it is time for development to slow down for it's obvious the party won't last forever. Building a third Palm Island doesn't sound like a sign of that in my opinion, but then again, the city hasn't failed to amaze me yet. We'll see.
Jan está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2004, 12:31 PM   #4
juiced
go with the flow

Likes (Received): 0

arfie, tower developers themselves have already admitted there will be over supply of apartments in the next few years, so good if you are buying to live in one, but not if you're an investor
juiced no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2004, 01:35 PM   #5
Dubai-Lover
Construction Paradise

Likes (Received): 3

well, in the end i think everything will work out fine
with the dramatically increasing population more residential units are necessary
and don't forget, some of them are also hotels and office towers
Old November 5th, 2004, 07:00 PM   #6
arfie

Well I have bought 2 apartments in the Goldcrest. A 1 bedroom and a 2 bedroom with lake views. I have bought the 2 bed to rent out and as a holiday home but the 1 bed purely for renting out. I think im gonna have to sell the 1 bedroom at a premium otherwise im gonna struggle in the long run.
Old November 5th, 2004, 07:41 PM   #7
juiced
go with the flow

Likes (Received): 0

Have you heard of the new law they are putting through? Buyers can't sell within the first two years of purchasing or something similar.
juiced no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2004, 10:27 PM   #8
arfie

They havent released that law yet and I cant see that law applying to properties bought by people in the past. The problem is here in the UK when ever you phone an agent or a real estate they tell people your practically guaranted rent in Dubai in particular Marina and Jumeria Lake towers so people are rushing into buying.

To me it seems alot of the apartments in the Dubai Marina and Jumeria Lake Towers will be left empty in particular those which are not in such a good location.
Old November 6th, 2004, 12:00 PM   #9
Trances
, , and , Fade to Black.

Likes (Received): 18

its ok when the bottom falls out of the market i will offer to buy each aparment for the fine sum of dollar