search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > United States > Midwest and Plains > Local Forums > Milwaukee

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 13th, 2017, 06:23 PM   #1061
EasyK83

Likes (Received): 1150

Quote:
Originally Posted by phxtravelboy View Post
It was a great weekend for WI sports.

Badgers won, but still do not look anything remotely close to a #9 team.

Packers beat the Seahawks in a grind-fest. The Packers D looked very good which is encouraging.

Brewers went in and swept the Cubs. I'm nervous now that they return home to play Pitt as they seem to play to the level of the competition. PLEASE do not play down to Pitt; keep the pedal to the metal now.
Wisco is showing it's potential but is also playing down to it's competition a bit.

phxtravelboy liked this post
EasyK83 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 16th, 2017, 10:55 AM   #1062
mbradleyc
This is getting good

Location: My heart is in Milwaukee, my soul is in Bristol, but my ass is stuck in Lake County.
Likes (Received): 4237

The new alternate uniforms. To me, the HD logo looks fine. If you have to go with a logo to make a little money, this is fine. Harley is the height of cool, even if I hate motorcycles. That it uses the natural colors instead of trying to blend in, that's how merchandising works. It doesn't look any worse than the Nike or NBA logos. Bring it loud and be proud!

I'd prefer no logos on at least this uniform, but that's not going to happen.

Bango needs a Harley, though. And a leather jacket. Bad Bango!

You know, a basketball is orange, usually with black or white lettering. A coincidence?

I swear, these guys don't miss a thing. They haven't shown who the arena sponsor will be yet, but meanwhile, they have prominently hooked up with Harley-Davidson, Milwaukee Tool and Johnson Controls as sponsors just so far. They have recreated the Milwaukee Bucks into a strong thread of Milwaukee's fiber. How many championships do the Brewers have again?

http://www.nba.com/bucks/gallery/buc...dition-uniform

For me, "I was born in Wisconsin and I'm coming back as fast as I can."

...or maybe not.

Last edited by mbradleyc; September 16th, 2017 at 11:22 AM.
mbradleyc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2017, 11:19 AM   #1063
Mesheke

Likes (Received): 889

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbradleyc View Post
Harley is the height of cool
What.
Old September 16th, 2017, 05:39 PM   #1064
MKE-bound

Likes (Received): 688

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyK83 View Post
Wisco is showing it's potential but is also playing down to it's competition a bit.
Brew Crew blew the Marlins out of the water last night (pardon the pun! )
10-2 final score, including a grand slam homer, the first I have ever witnessed in person!

Mesheke, phxtravelboy liked this post
MKE-bound no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2017, 01:54 AM   #1065
EasyK83

Likes (Received): 1150

Check out this 104 mph rope from Brett Phillips to catch the runner at home:

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/09/milw...ughing-guy-mlb

Kid was a human highlight reel that night, hope he can take a step up with his consistency.

MKE-bound, MKERevival, mbradleyc liked this post
EasyK83 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2017, 08:48 PM   #1066
mbradleyc
This is getting good

Location: My heart is in Milwaukee, my soul is in Bristol, but my ass is stuck in Lake County.

The Badgers sure looked good yesterday. This is shaping up to be a potentially special season. If Hornibrook can continue to play like he did yesterday, they have no weakness.

Of the nine conference games on the schedule, seven of them are night games. They only have two games for the entire season that start at 11am. They have made the big time.

...or maybe not.

MKE-bound liked this post
Old September 20th, 2017, 05:11 PM   #1067
MKE-MSP-CHI

Likes (Received): 2933

Enjoy the next two weeks!

It is really exciting to see the Brewers winning these close games. The mark of a good team is having the pitching and defense step up even when the hits aren't coming. It's been a major issue this season getting bad outs with runners on base. However, the bullpen has been lights out. Almost all the Brewers teams in my lifetime (1984-now) have been much better hitting teams than pitching ones, but this team is pretty balanced. They've had stretches where they've poured on runs, and stretches where they couldn't scratch anything onto the scoreboard.

Even if they can't pull out a wildcard spot, they're already assured a .500 or better season. I said months ago that anything .500 and better, I'd consider a massive success. The Brewers are in the top 10 of ESPN's power rankings, they started the season 26th. They were predicted to be 4th or dead last in their division. They've taken series from the 3 best NL teams, teams they'll like face if they get in and win the Wild Card. They rank 10th in attendance, bringing over 31K per game, which will only increase in this last homestand. Perhaps most shocking to me is how they've rebounded from 2 games over .500 to 11, tying their high watermark. THINK about how unlikely this all is:

1)The Brewers do no have a single everyday player with a BA over .300, nor any player with 100 RBIs (yet, though Shaw is close)
2) Their April sparkplug was mired in a 4 month slump
3) They had two of their top three starters spend significant time on the DL
4) They play the defending WS champs 18-19 times, and the Cardinals 18-19 times - against whom they've always struggled
5) They have one of the lowest payrolls in baseball and were expected to be at least two years away from competing
6) A lot of their best farm prospects haven't even been called up yet!

How can you not be loving this season? My first year of the MLB League Pass has been incredible and honestly restored my love of baseball. If they win a Wild Card spot, they truly deserve it. Did you see the ENTIRE team engaged and cheering on Phillips during that epic 12 pitch walk, battling back from an 0-2 hole via 7 fouls? This is a selfless squad with a next man up mentality, the hallmark of winning and good managing. I'm becoming a believer in both Counsell and Stearns, and I believe there is more staying power than the 2011 version even if that was the MOST talented Brewers team (imho) in history.
Old September 20th, 2017, 11:42 PM   #1068
denverguy2016

Likes (Received): 17

While the attendance for Rockies games is high, the fans here in Denver are pretty pathetic. The first half of the season I would be able to talk at least basic baseball with most of the guys on my office floor, people were interested in the Rockies playing well and cooler talk would often be about them. These same people haven't even looked at the standings for weeks, much less watch the games. Been going to a decent amount of of games at Coors too, and the fans seems disinterested as well. The Rockies haven't been successful for their 25 years, much like the Brewers so you'd figure they'd be excited about a potential playoff birth, but not at all. I was always disappointed in Milwaukee when people would stop caring once football started, but here it's on a different level.

While this season is all gravy as much wasn't expected (like most seasons) but dang it Brewers fans deserve a winner more than any other MLB team. Cleveland has a great team coming of a WS appearance and they still have only averaged 25k compared to the Brewers 30k. As much as we all love the Pack, i think a Brewers title would be even a bigger deal.
Old September 21st, 2017, 02:32 AM   #1069
Paule

Likes (Received): 901

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverguy2016 View Post
While the attendance for Rockies games is high, the fans here in Denver are pretty pathetic. The first half of the season I would be able to talk at least basic baseball with most of the guys on my office floor, people were interested in the Rockies playing well and cooler talk would often be about them. These same people haven't even looked at the standings for weeks, much less watch the games. Been going to a decent amount of of games at Coors too, and the fans seems disinterested as well. The Rockies haven't been successful for their 25 years, much like the Brewers so you'd figure they'd be excited about a potential playoff birth, but not at all. I was always disappointed in Milwaukee when people would stop caring once football started, but here it's on a different level.

While this season is all gravy as much wasn't expected (like most seasons) but dang it Brewers fans deserve a winner more than any other MLB team. Cleveland has a great team coming of a WS appearance and they still have only averaged 25k compared to the Brewers 30k. As much as we all love the Pack, i think a Brewers title would be even a bigger deal.
God Bless you denverguy because I agree with what you said about us Brewers fans and glad you said it. For being a snake bit team like the Brewers, we still love them and support them!

And that's not just fans in Milwaukee either! In Wausau, way up here in the northern half of the state, we love our Brewers just as much. I'm going down with a full bus load of people for the saturday game and we are ready to have a good time! The weather is going to be Summer like, the roof will be open, we're going to be on the field level 3rd base line, cozied right up against all the Cub fans who love to buy tickets around the Cubs dugout. AHHH, I'm SO looking forward to this game!! NL Central title on the line, screw the Packers right now, this is still baseball season!!!!

See yah at the game homies
Old September 21st, 2017, 04:38 AM   #1070
phxtravelboy

Likes (Received): 565

The way WI supports the Brewers really is amazing. Considering they are not a franchise with a winning tradition and have given the fans SO much heartache, yet there the fans are game after game. The smallest MLB market is constantly in the top is it 10, for attendance? Pretty amazing. So yes, NO fan base deserves a WS title more than MKE.
phxtravelboy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2017, 03:06 PM   #1071
RN_NM

Likes (Received): 2396

Quote:
Originally Posted by phxtravelboy View Post
The way WI supports the Brewers really is amazing. Considering they are not a franchise with a winning tradition and have given the fans SO much heartache, yet there the fans are game after game. The smallest MLB market is constantly in the top is it 10, for attendance? Pretty amazing. So yes, NO fan base deserves a WS title more than MKE.

Attendance is way down since when they were winning, now that they're in the chase again it's coming back up. People only seem to really care if the team is winning. The thing is attendance is done by "tickets sold" so when you're at the game during the week and they say there's 32,000 when it's really more like 24,000.
RN_NM no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2017, 06:51 AM   #1072
MKE-MSP-CHI

I really hate Javi Baez. One freaking out...

MKE-MSP-CHI no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2017, 05:54 PM   #1073
MKEEASTSIDER

Likes (Received): 269

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKE-MSP-CHI View Post
I really hate Javi Baez. One freaking out...
One freaking strike. Either way, last night hurt. I don't pin that one on Jeffress. He made good pitches and had some unlucky outcomes.

Let's see how we rebound. The division will be tough if not impossible unless we win the next three but either way we're still a game back of the Rockies who also lost last night.

As others have noted, let's enjoy the ride!

MKEEASTSIDER no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2017, 06:58 PM   #1074
phxtravelboy

2 prime opportunities in a row all lost in the late innings. Unbelievable. As I've been saying all year long, WAY to many strikeouts for this team. The worst part is they're usually on pitches not even remotely close to the strike zone; just so frustrating watching this happen all year long.
Old September 22nd, 2017, 08:29 PM   #1075
UWsteve2009

Likes (Received): 836

The team is 2 years ahead of schedule. Counsell is a manger who is gaining valuable experience and many young players like arcia last night will have a bad plate appearance.

Don't forget we have a very low payroll with Garza off the books next yr.

Enjoy the ride, even if we miss the playoffs being competitive this year will pay dividends for years to come. The future is bright

Remember, we can still fawn over the 82 team!

mbradleyc liked this post
UWsteve2009 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2017, 12:07 AM   #1076
phxtravelboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by UWsteve2009 View Post
The team is 2 years ahead of schedule. Counsell is a manger who is gaining valuable experience and many young players like arcia last night will have a bad plate appearance.

Don't forget we have a very low payroll with Garza off the books next yr.

Enjoy the ride, even if we miss the playoffs being competitive this year will pay dividends for years to come. The future is bright

Remember, we can still fawn over the 82 team!
Nothing is guaranteed. They may suck ass next year and be in dead last place. Look how far the so called "ace" Junior Guerra has fallen just from last year to this year. So who knows? It could happen next year to one of the "good ones" this year.

This is why it's so frustrating to me this year. They are SO close to making the playoffs but I don't think it's going to happen with this recent crappy play.

If an opportunity is there for the taking, you have to grab it and unfortunately they have failed miserably the last 2 games which may be the nails in the coffin. Nothing says they'll have this same opportunity next year.
Old September 23rd, 2017, 01:15 AM   #1077
MKE-MSP-CHI

DUDE, they are still 8-3 in their last 11, how it that playing poorly. Last night was tough to swallow, but are you EVER happy? They were terrible in 2015. They were slightly better last year. 2017 was so supposed to be 74-88 with optimistic projections. The Brewers could lose every remaining game and still not having a losing season. They win one game and that's a winning season, something which has happened precisely 9 times since I was born in 1984, and happened 0 times between 1993 and 2006. We've been above .500 five times since 2007, so this is literally the high watermark for the team since 1982 in terms of sustained success. No season is something to take for granted, and you're right the Brewers could regress, so......ENJOY THE HERE AND NOW!

MKE-bound, mbradleyc, Mesheke liked this post
MKE-MSP-CHI no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2017, 02:02 AM   #1078
mbradleyc
This is getting good

Hell yes!

...or maybe not.
Old September 23rd, 2017, 03:15 AM   #1079
MKE-bound

Likes (Received): 688

Sitting on our patio, watching the fireworks and hearing the crowd cheer thru the open roof at Miller Park... Life doesn't get any better!

Mesheke, mbradleyc, eaglesfant37 liked this post
MKE-bound no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2017, 07:19 AM   #1080
MilwaukeeMax
🚲 🚲 🚲 🚲 🚲 🚲 🚲 🚲

Likes (Received): 2578

Complete [email protected]%t call at second base in the 10th. The Cubs get everything handed to them on a platter.
MilwaukeeMax no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
milwaukee