daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > OZScrapers > Skyscrapers & local issues > Projects, Construction, Skyscrapers & Statistics > South Australia

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 4th, 2012, 01:47 AM   #21
Ben1985

Likes (Received): 1

Adelaide's second tallest. New renders out in a couple of weeks.

Quote:
Bigger designs for city tower
  • by: Political Reporter Daniel Wills
  • June 03, 2012 11:00PM

An artists's impression of the 78m-high 123 Flinders St residential tower. Source: The Advertiser

CONTROVERSIAL plans for a new city residential tower are being rewritten
This is in the wake of state government planning reforms as Chinese developers move to construct Adelaide's second-tallest building.
Adelaide architect Paul Pruszinski yesterday revealed to The Advertiser that he is working on new designs for the site which was to be home to the new 78m-high 123 Flinders residential tower.
Mr Pruszinski said developer Datong asked him to go back to the drawing board after Planning Minister John Rau announced the lifting of outdated height restrictions on buildings in the CBD.
The new plans add 10 storeys to the tower and take the building to 108m, 24 short of Westpac House.
Mr Pruszinski is the architect behind several of Adelaide's tallest and most daring new buildings.
Adelaide City Council's rejection of his designs for a 13-storey Light Square office block for being "too high" has been seen as one of the major turning points leading to the Government's planning review.
Mr Pruszinski said new plans for the Flinders St site had been sent to the Civil Aviation Safety Authority for analysis to ensure the planned building would not interrupt Adelaide Airport flight paths.
"The developer has always had confidence in Adelaide and, when they first met me, said they wanted to do a 35-storey building," he said.
"That couldn't happen with the planning requirements.
"When the reforms happened, they were keen to go back to that original strategy."
Mr Pruszinski said the Government's abolition of stamp duty for apartments under $500,000 bought off the plan was also going to aid sales for the development, expected to go to market in October.
It has been estimated $500 million worth of new commercial building projects were proposed for the CBD in the first month after the Government lifted height-limit restrictions in March.
Property Council of Australia executive director Nathan Paine said the changes unlocked a backlog of projects which developers had decided were uneconomic but now had become viable because they could add more floors.
Mr Rau said the new plans were a sign the Government's policy was working.
"These changes were designed to unlock investment in the city and it appears that that is exactly what is happening," he said.
Ben1985 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old June 5th, 2012, 12:43 AM   #22
VHSLE CRUISER

Likes (Received): 6

108m building with the design...i like :-)
VHSLE CRUISER no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2012, 02:41 PM   #23
Urbania
Urban Athiest

Likes (Received): 881

Good news.
Urbania no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2012, 10:27 AM   #24
iTouch

Likes (Received): 0

this needs to be updated. Paul Pruzsinski wants to increase the height to 39lvls (135m)

Quote:
PLANS are being drawn for what would be Adelaide's tallest building, at the corner of Flinders and Pulteney streets.

Pruszinski Architects is designing a 39-storey tower for developer Datong that would be 135m tall, 3m higher than Adelaide's current tallest building - Westpac House in King William St.

The site was originally slated for a 22-storey, 78m building that was to be the city's tallest residential tower.

After the State Government lifted height restrictions early this year, Datong asked architect Paul Pruszinski to add 10 storeys, taking the tower to 108m.

At that height, it would have been Adelaide's second tallest building.

Mr Pruszinski told the City Messenger he was now designing a 39-storey tower after researching the height limit possible without interfering with flight paths for Adelaide Airport.

Related Coverage
Wind building an Aussie first
BHP dumps Adelaide tower plans
World's next great buildings
Bigger ambitions for city tower
City nails title of tallest timber

He said the site was "well within" the Capital City zone where only aviation considerations restricted building heights.

The tower would house a mix of offices, apartments and either a hotel or serviced apartments.

"We're designing what will be a new tallest (building) in Adelaide," he said.

"We now have an upper limit and we're designing to that limit.

"My brief is to maximise it."

He said his firm was working on a range of ideas, including scaled-up versions of the 22-storey design and completely new concepts.

He did not anticipate any concerns from neighbours.

"There is no residential around us," he said.

"The impact will be on no-one."

The challenge would be to come up with the right design and mix of uses to make the project viable, Mr Pruszinski said.

"It needs to be financially feasible," he said.

"I guess for us the excitement would be if it gets to the construction phase."

No costing had yet been put on the project, he said.

Datong originally wanted a 35-storey tower but it would not have been approved under the old planning regime.
iTouch no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2012, 10:57 AM   #25
essendon bombers
QF9, SQ326, LH738, UA870

Likes (Received): 49

The original rendersof 123 Flinders look very swish....congrats for local vision.

If you can build a taller building and keep the boldness of the design....even better! I hope that the demand is there in Adelaide for taller buildings.

The structure reminds me a little of the Triology apartments in South Yarra....I think that the Melbourne SSC fans would get excited about this building if it was in Melbourne.

Hopefully this one is built!
essendon bombers no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2013, 02:21 PM   #26
VHSLE CRUISER

Likes (Received): 6

Any updates ?
VHSLE CRUISER no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2014, 03:54 PM   #27
NoshowwithoutPunch

What's the deal? This is the third Adelaide thread I've visited tonight and the last posts on each are basically bumps. Is nothing happening in Adelaide?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
NoshowwithoutPunch no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2014, 04:42 PM   #28
Eastern37
Optimist

Likes (Received): 853

I think a lot of the Adelaide users went to another forum like a few did in the Melbourne section. (iirc)
Eastern37 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2014, 11:30 AM   #29
TooFar
moonage daydream

Likes (Received): 174

Yeah, I think they all got sick of being rubbished by the other states and created their own forum. sensational-adelaide.com
Old April 10th, 2014, 01:53 PM   #30
crawf
©

Likes (Received): 165

I used to try and keep this section updated, though it's just so much effort for such a small audience. Plus I'm time poor these days.

Some facts about Sensational-Adelaide

3052 Members
2799 Threads
119,245 Posts

Lots of people over there have never heard of SSC, and only a handful come on here. Eg myself, Eastadl, Shuz, Cruise etc
Old April 13th, 2014, 10:51 AM   #31
Danubis
Poo in BigW

Likes (Received): 1696

typical of everyone who lives in this city state.

Giorgio liked this post
Danubis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2014, 04:10 AM   #32
Oriolus
OzScrapers Moderator

Likes (Received): 411

Wait, so Adelaide has a new tallest proposed!? Who would have known. So originally it was 75m, then it was going to be 108m, now it's going to be 135m? Are there any renders? Is it just a heightened version of the orginal design (which I think looks fantastic), or is this a completely new proposal.

Visit me on flickr
Oriolus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2014, 03:21 PM   #33
crawf
©

Likes (Received): 165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriolus View Post
Wait, so Adelaide has a new tallest proposed!? Who would have known. So originally it was 75m, then it was going to be 108m, now it's going to be 135m? Are there any renders? Is it just a heightened version of the orginal design (which I think looks fantastic), or is this a completely new proposal.
No renders have been released yet. This one has disappeared off the radar, though some proposals can take a couple of years before commencing.