SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Best Skylines by 2025

Tags
skyline
2M views 4K replies 517 participants last post by  LivinAWestLife 
#1 ·
Which cities will have the best skylines by 2025 based on current construction of buildings going on + already existing ?

WHAT DO YOU THINK WILL BE THE TOP 10 SKYLINES BY 2025 ???

AND WHICH CITY DO U THINK WILL HAVE THE BEST SKYLINE BY 2050 ???

#2 ·
Chineses city will definitely go on the top 10 in 2025 or 2050! Guangzhou and Shanghai i think!

Big cities will always stay in Top 10 such as NYC or Hong-kong or Chicago but cities as Kuala Lumpur which i love or Us second cities such as Houston or San francisco will be kick out for sure !

Hope that Toronto will stay in top 10 in 2050 !

#7 ·
2025: Shanghai Beijing Shenzhen Tianjin New York Chicago Hong Kong London Moscow Dubai.
2050: Shanghai or Shenzhen

#8 ·
^^No Beijing doesn't have good skyline + very few u/c. So it won't be there. Tianjin won't make it and London will be left behind.

Btw my top 5 by 2025 ~

Shenzen
Shanghai
Newyork
Hongkong
Dubai

By 2050, i think Hongkong and Chicago will be left behind by other cities and won't even make it to the top 10.

#9 ·
New York and Hong Kong will still have the best skylines. They aren't building supertalls intermittently throughout the entire city like the mega cities of China. Whereas in NYC all of the supertalls will likely be located in Manhattan, and around Victoria Harbor in HK.

#11 ·
I think Shenzhen will make it in term of pure density and hight. It has 2 Supertalls completed, 9 under construction, 7 under preperation and over 50 proposed+Qianhai. It will look very modern and great.

#13 · (Edited)
01. New York
02. Shanghai
03. Hong Kong
04. Shenzhen
05. Bangkok

06. Manila
07. Toronto
08. Guangzhou
09. Chongqing
10. Chicago

Dark horses: Mumbai and Dubai

#15 ·
I've never been a fan of Shenzhen's skyline, but the sheer volume and scale of development there is surely going to create a good focal point to the whole thing. It will likely look far more impressive 10 years from now.

#18 ·
Shanghai hasn't got many skyscrapers under construction, because there isn't much space. I don't think it will have one of the best skylines. Shenzhen is the fastest growing city right now and it has got a lot of potential for being the best in ten years. I think New York will remain in the top3, but Hong Kong will be out. Hong kong doesn't have any tall skyscraper U/C and many chinese cities will catch it. Also, it possible that the cities in the Pearl River area will merge and form a megacity with an amazing skyline. If Dubai wins the 2020 expo,(very possible) it will have a big boom, and probably go into the top 3. This is my top3 for 2025:
1-Shenzhen(Or the Pearl River city)
2-New York City
3-Dubai(If it wins the expo)

#25 ·
Is there a big chance that something like a Pearl River city happens? if so it would be the biggest city in the world with most supertalls skyscrapers and buildings for sure and much different characters in one city. It would be amazing if you ask me.:banana::cheers::nuts:

#26 ·
it's very difficult to say, so many big cities on earth are building towers like hell at the moment. just look at all the chinese cities ( especially Shenzhen ) or Kuala Lumpur, toronto, Jakarta and many more.
there will be so many awesome skylines in 2025, but at the very top will be NYC as always :D.
2nd place? could be indeed Shenzhen :)

#28 ·
Shenzhen will have the best skyline, by far. It already has 3 completed supertalls, 14 supertalls under construction and 21 more proposed for construction. Unlike Dubai, Shenzhen has numerous highrises and midrises under construction as well, so that takes care of the density issue. By 2025 cities like New York and Hong Kong will appear as midgets when scaled next to Shenzhen. And a midget skyline can't beat a skyline with 38 supertalls, no matter how dense (at that degree of height, high concentration of tiny highrises will become a non-factor).

#30 ·

credit to Ariffin

definitely my KL will be in the top 20!:cheers:

*many people think KL got just few skyscrapers..the truth is, KLCC and KL tower are both high that they dwarf other buildings and make them look tiny...