search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > Metropolitan Projects > Kolkata

Kolkata Project news for Kolkata Metropolitan Region - Kolkata, Howrah, Bidhan Nagar (Salt Lake), Nabadiganta (Sector V), New Town, Kalyani

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 18th, 2016, 10:46 PM   #2221
AbhishekDatta
BengalDreams

Likes (Received): 3171

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncity View Post
Not sure if someone has already posted about this mall; From Google Maps it seems construction is underway.

Deluxe Mall - Amtala

images copyright Purti Realty

http://zeenews.india.com/bengali/kol...te_144655.html

Quote:
পূর্তি কনস্ট্রাকশন নামে একটি কোম্পানির কাছ থেকে ৬০ লক্ষ টাকা তোলা চাওয়ার অভিযোগ ওঠে অভিজিত্* দাস ও প্রশান্ত প্রধানের বিরুদ্ধে। দুজনেই দশদ্রোণ ব্যায়াম সমিতির সদস্য। দুজনকে আজ গ্রেফতার করে পুলিস। এর পাশাপাশি, গতকাল পুলিসকর্মী স্বপন সিংহ রায়ের কাছে তোলাবাজির অভিযোগে গ্রেফতার করা হয়েছে অনুপ সিংহরায় নামে আরও একজনকে।
seems this group was also not spared!

Sponsored Links
Old July 19th, 2016, 05:38 AM   #2222
Wonderbank
invino veritas carpe diem

Likes (Received): 4496

All I knew that Amtala is a small suburban semi urban town far off from the city in Diamond Harbour. Sorry, i never visited this place and the perception about this place is that its quite remote.

Hence, does this Mall, which looks quite eloquent in the renders, will it have the right segment to cater to? Will it ever work?

madlyOptimistic liked this post
Wonderbank no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2016, 02:36 PM   #2223
ayan92
Inspired By Myself...

Likes (Received): 314

Seconding that, it is indeed high priority to improve the parts of South 24 Pgs adjoining the city in terms of infrastructure, and improvement literally means complete overhaul. With the ever-growing size of the metropolis, along with other parts like Howrah/Hoogly, New Town/Rajarhat etc. even the southern parts have seen tremendous increase in population in the last few years, owing to its environmental serenity.

Sonarpur, Baruipur, Maheshtala, Budge-Budge/Batanagar etc. are no longer rural/suburban regions; many developers have either constructed several residential projects already, or are planning to do so. This will as such ask for better roads/rail-connectivity and other social infrastructure. This should pave the way for more malls and other commercial activities. EMB's southern extension is already underway, and more wide roads are required down south for better connectivity to core city, Salt Lake etc. Civic authorities must take necessary steps as soon as possible so as to prevent haphazard/unplanned growth around these areas.

madlyOptimistic, samrat_m liked this post
ayan92 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2016, 07:15 PM   #2224
Wonderbank

City gets first state-run online grocery market

Quote:
Kolkata got its first online, state run grocery market today. Consumers are assured of fresh vegetables, groceries, fruits and meat at a reasonable price.

A joint initiative of Sufal Bangla, Mother Dairy and Haringhata Meat, the market was inaugurated today by minister for education Partha Chatterjee. As of now, it will be operated from the market at Rajani Mukherjee Road in New Alipore. Other than buying commodities physically from there, consumers can also buy online. They will have to log on to the website of Sufal Bangla and view a daily price list. Two lists, one of the present day and another of the day after would be posted every day. Upon deciding what they want to buy, they would have to call up on a particular number displayed there and place their order.

“Orders would be accepted twice a day, between 8 am and 9 am and again between 4 pm and 5 pm. There will be provision of free home delivery within three hours, for every purchase over Rs 500. At the moment there is only facility of home delivery within two kilometre. Soon it will be extended to three kilometres,” said agriculture marketing minister Tapan Dasgupta, at the inauguration of the market. The two important factors – price and quality – had been paid special focus.

vaidya liked this post
Old July 22nd, 2016, 08:26 PM   #2225
samrat_m

Likes (Received): 1537

South City Mall

Panoramic view

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
samrat_m no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2016, 08:28 PM   #2226
samrat_m

Another one

vaidya liked this post
Old July 22nd, 2016, 08:30 PM   #2227
samrat_m

South City Mall

Normal view

soumalya747, Suncity, sid1947, vaidya liked this post
Old July 30th, 2016, 04:59 AM   #2228
Wonderbank

Parlour for snack and drink as you game on

In FE Block a video gaming parlour has opened that doubles as a cafe and a mini-theatre.

Walk into Infi Gaming, near GD Market, place your order and the staff will hand you a portable console that you can browse or play games on till your sandwich arrives. Want to watch an entire season of Game of Thrones with your friends? Book the mini-theatre for Rs 400 an hour and up to 20 of you can enjoy the private screening.

The mainstay of course is the games room, where 11 consoles have been set up. “One of the computers has the latest Nvidia GTX 950 graphics card and if response is good, I shall install them in all the computers,” says Rishiraj Rateria, the 21-year-old owner of the parlour. Rishiraj had started Infi Gaming as a small parlour in BK Block two years ago and is now on expansion mode. “In fact, for this expansion I received technical support from Nvidia (an American company which manufactures graphics processing units for gaming),” says Rishiraj.

Gamers at the parlour get perks. “Casual gamers play for an hour or two whereas hardcore ones play for up to 10 hours. So every hour there will be a masseur going and massaging players’ shoulders,” he says.

Lest you think 10 hours of gaming will send parents into a tizzy, Rishiraj says parents couldn’t be more supportive. “I have parents coming and saying their sons want to be professional gamers. They ask if we have discounts for heavy users!”

vaidya liked this post
Old July 30th, 2016, 08:22 PM   #2229
dipu8013

Likes (Received): 14

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/51708935.cms

Shares of Inox LeisureBSE 0.96 % closed higher by 2.01 per cent in trade on Wednesday after the company entered an agreement to buy five IMAX theatre systems.

The theater systems will be installed in Inox theatres in Bengaluru, DELHI, Kolkata and Mumbai.

vaidya liked this post
dipu8013 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2016, 10:34 AM   #2230
solanky

Likes (Received): 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by madlyOptimistic View Post
Isn't it weird to have retail stores opening in a business hub?
This store is adjacent to RDB cinemas so chances are high of getting footfalls. Also, there are many high end restaurants and bars nearby.
solanky no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2016, 07:56 PM   #2231
Aritra Das

Likes (Received): 407

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipu8013 View Post
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/51708935.cms

Shares of Inox LeisureBSE 0.96 % closed higher by 2.01 per cent in trade on Wednesday after the company entered an agreement to buy five IMAX theatre systems.

The theater systems will be installed in Inox theatres in Bengaluru, DELHI, Kolkata and Mumbai.
This one is the Mani Square one I am guessing... it has ready space...as it was custom built plus that reduces cost of new construction.
Aritra Das no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2016, 09:18 AM   #2232
ayan92
Inspired By Myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aritra Das View Post
This one is the Mani Square one I am guessing... it has ready space...as it was custom built plus that reduces cost of new construction.
Isn't the Mani Square multiplex operated by PVR Group's Cinemax brand already? If an IMAX has to be set up there, it better be a PVR-IMAX. It would be better if INOX came up with another IMAX elsewhere in town... you know, more, the merrier...
Old August 3rd, 2016, 09:40 AM   #2233
sourav2010

Likes (Received): 204

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayan92 View Post
Isn't the Mani Square multiplex operated by PVR Group's Cinemax brand already? If an IMAX has to be set up there, it better be a PVR-IMAX. It would be better if INOX came up with another IMAX elsewhere in town... you know, more, the merrier...
True. But,is there any new big ticket mall coming up in the city in near future? Surprisingly, there is no news of that off-late!
sourav2010 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2016, 04:16 PM   #2234
Debo Jyoti

Likes (Received): 26

Kolkata is lagging behind other cities incase of malls. Groups like ORBIT, INORBIT and PHOENIX should make multi-million sq.ft malls in the city!

arnab_skyscraper, sourav2010 liked this post
Debo Jyoti está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2016, 08:28 AM   #2235
madlyOptimistic

Likes (Received): 134

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debo Jyoti View Post
Kolkata is lagging behind other cities incase of malls. Groups like ORBIT, INORBIT and PHOENIX should make multi-million sq.ft malls in the city!
Not sure about Orbit or Phoenix, but I have been to the Inorbit mall in Navi Mumbai. I haven't seen a mall as bad in quality of construction or even in terms of look and feel, it's a utter piece of junkbox. May be it's a one off case but if that indeed is the quality of a 'luxury' mall, then I really don't want it here in the city.

arnab_skyscraper liked this post
madlyOptimistic no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2016, 08:45 AM   #2236
Wonderbank

Quote:
Originally Posted by madlyOptimistic View Post
Not sure about Orbit or Phoenix, but I have been to the Inorbit mall in Navi Mumbai. I haven't seen a mall as bad in quality of construction or even in terms of look and feel, it's a utter piece of junkbox. May be it's a one off case but if that indeed is the quality of a 'luxury' mall, then I really don't want it here in the city.
U need to visit Inorbit Mall in Malad West, Phoenix Market city at Kurla, Phoenix mall at Parel. Navi Mumbai is a satellite city and is not Mumbai or Greater Mumbai.
Old August 4th, 2016, 09:01 AM   #2237
ayan92
Inspired By Myself...

The Inorbit here in B'luru is not that impressive as well, although it stands beneath a JW Mariott property. But my experience at Phoenix Market cities has always been grand or byapok, whether at B'luru, Pune or Kurla.

madlyOptimistic liked this post
Old August 4th, 2016, 09:50 AM   #2238
sourav2010

Likes (Received): 204

The malls in Mumbai (not Navi Mumbai) are more or less all grand and very well designed. R City at Ghatkopar and Phoenix Market City-Kurla ,both are quite close to my home. I have also visited other malls like High Street Phoenix at Lower Parel and Inorbit-Malad. From my experience,I must say all these malls are as grand and well designed as they can be.. R City is personal favorite,whereas Phoenix Market City is also a wonderful mall,although the location is pretty bad considering the scale of the mall and the brands it stores.

High Street Phoenix now looks small in comparison to all these newer malls and after seeing Quest mall in Kolkata, the concept doesn't look new anymore While all these malls are grand and house some of the biggest brands in our country, I also have an observation that the mall management is not upto the mark as they supposed to be ,considering these places. Acropolis or a City Centre of Kolkata, may be much smaller in size than the Mumbai malls, but somehow they look more smart in terms of the cleanliness and related factors.

I believe, things like this, are driven by the vibrancy of economy of a place alongwith many other factors. Once the ''industrial scenario'' of our beloved city improves (someday), all these brands will come to Kolkata!
Old August 4th, 2016, 08:57 PM   #2239
samrat_m

I could not help but notice between some of you guys that u r in a relentless effort of comparing malls in Mumbai to malls in Kolkata. Rest assured we all know, that Mumbai is the biggest economic and financial centre of the country and the has the largest concentration of UHNIs and HNIs in the country, followed by Delhi and then Kolkata.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/i...w/46810675.cms

Some brands may not be present here, but that is not a concern as with time they are bound to explore this city. My personal opinion is that, malls in Kolkata are somewhat quite superior, if not the same, when it comes to attributes like space management, design, build quality, brand zoning, ease of movement and locational advantage.
A Quest or South City or Acropolis or CC2 or Forum or Mani Square is easily accessible from anywhere if one chooses to hover or shift between them, not to mention the numerous other malls that I have not mentioned.

No point comparing, a mall in Kolkata is as good a structure of grandeur, quality and aesthetics as a one in Mumbai, that's what I feel. Now I guess you dont want a mall in Kolkata to be a copycat of a mall in Mumbai, do you???? As far as brand presence is concerned, we may not have all the world's brands as Mumbai might have but does it really makes a diference??? I always have the options of choosing from some, since Kolkata has quite an avid variety if not all. Honestly, I did not have this option in some other big metros and that is a fact.

Relax and wait for the next couple of malls, Genexx in Joka and Park View on EM Bypass.....

Last edited by samrat_m; August 4th, 2016 at 09:23 PM.
Old August 4th, 2016, 09:02 PM   #2240
suproteek

Likes (Received): 286

SPENCER'S HYPER store will open at 'DLF Newtown Heights' opposite Sukhobrishti tomorrow.

Tags
calcutta, india, kolkata, malls, theatre, west bengal