search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > Africa > East Africa > Tanzania > Projects and Construction Updates > Dar es Salaam

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 11th, 2011, 01:27 AM   #41
chamoto

Likes (Received): 63

Kweli bongo tambarale

Mimi na wewe
chamoto no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 11th, 2011, 07:41 AM   #42
kiligoland

Likes (Received): 12150

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamoto View Post
Kweli bongo tambarale
nimekipenda hiko ki BRT lane pembeni mwa ukumbi wa mtu mitaa ya magomeni
kiligoland no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2011, 01:34 PM   #43
bantugbro
Olduvai Gorge

Likes (Received): 598

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiligoland View Post
nimekipenda hiko ki BRT lane pembeni mwa ukumbi wa mtu mitaa ya magomeni
Hayo maeneo ya migomigo yanabomolewa kupisha ujenzi wa nyumba za kisasa, patakuwa pametulia sana baada ya miaka michahe ijayo...
Old November 11th, 2011, 10:21 PM   #44
chamoto

Likes (Received): 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantugbro View Post
Hayo maeneo ya migomigo yanabomolewa kupisha ujenzi wa nyumba za kisasa, patakuwa pametulia sana baada ya miaka michahe ijayo...
Jamaa watalipwa au ndo mambo ya nyundo mdundo tuu?

Mimi na wewe
chamoto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2011, 03:35 PM   #45
bantugbro
Olduvai Gorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamoto View Post
Jamaa watalipwa au ndo mambo ya nyundo mdundo tuu?
Nyumba zikishajengwa wahamia wao kwanza halafu watu wengine ndo watafuatia, kumbuka nyumba nyingi maeneo hayo ni mali ya serikali zilijengwa zamani sana...
Old November 12th, 2011, 03:50 PM   #46
tanzan
Serengeti

Likes (Received): 1821

Kivukoni (Ferry) Terminal should be nearing completion...If only someone can get access to the Port tower to take the photo from the top.
tanzan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2011, 02:33 AM   #47
TZBoy

Likes (Received): 136

This project needs more seriousness from the government in my opinion. I really hope they can speed up the BRT network, it is really needed in Dar. Good thing at least it is being constructed.
TZBoy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2011, 09:28 PM   #48
yosef
Ye Kebele Chairman

Likes (Received): 1731

I love TZ, always a surprise how this country is building itself up with little to no fanfare.
yosef no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2011, 12:12 PM   #49
bantugbro
Olduvai Gorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by yosef View Post
I love TZ, always a surprise how this country is building itself up with little to no fanfare.
Ya Kabele Chairman
Old November 14th, 2011, 12:35 PM   #50
yosef
Ye Kebele Chairman

Likes (Received): 1731

lol, a nick given to me by Ethio forumers. You speak Amharic bantugbro?
yosef no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2011, 02:55 PM   #51
bantugbro
Olduvai Gorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by yosef View Post
lol, a nick given to me by Ethio forumers. You speak Amharic bantugbro?
Not yet, but i work with Ethios...
Old December 23rd, 2011, 07:13 AM   #52
TZBoy

Rapid bus project set to take off

AT last a contract has been officially signed where Ms Strabag International GmbH of Germany will now undertake phase one construction work of the Dar es Salaam Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) infrastructure at the cost of 240.9bn/-

The signing of the contract took place in Dar es Salaam on Thursday by the Tanzania National Road Agency Chief Executive Officer Eng Patrick Mfugale and the Strabag representative, Mr Heribert Schippers who pledged to complete it within the contractual schedule of three years.

The Minister for Works, Dr John Magufuli said the government was confident Strabag would complete the work even before the contractual time to ease pathetic traffic congestion in the city.

"Being such a big and trustful company we are confident you will be in the position to start the work even tomorrow and when possible complete it before time.

"The funds are readily available from the World Bank and things like advance payments should not be a problem," he stressed.

He stated that the project would help decongest the City which was now experiencing rapid increase of vehicles currently estimated to be over one million compared to only 30,000 in 1960s.

The Minister, however, pointed an accusing finger to Ilala, Kinondoni and Temeke municipalities for delaying to allocate some of its roads to TANROADS so that they can benefit from the allocation of money from the Road Fund for major rehabilitations and construction.

He said his ministry was in discussions with the Prime Minister's Office, Regional Administration and Local Governments and the Ministry of Transport to see how best other means of transport can be applied in Dar es Salaam apart from depending on commuter services alone.

"We will go as far as preparing a cabinet paper to see to it that Dar es Salaam transport becomes easy and convenient as opposed to the current situation. We are also planning to involve the private sector on Build Operate and Transfer (BOT) arrangement," he noted.

Briefing the Minister, Eng. Mfugale said 289.8bn/- will be spent on seven packages of the DART system, with phase one of the 20.9 km project scheduled to start from Kimara Mwisho area in Kinondoni Municipality to Magogoni area in Ilala Municipality.

The Permanent Secretary in the Prime Minister's Officer (RALG), Mr Hussein Katanga said city residents should co-operate to the maximum to ensure DART projects became a success story.

It was surprising, he said, that some people had filed petitions in the court to stop implementation, asking such people to think twice.

DART CEO Mr Cosmas Takule said already 11bn/- has been spent on payment of compensations to people who have been relocated to pave way for the project, but a snag remained to some residents at Gerezani area who refused to relocate despite a promise of compensation.

According to TANROADS, phase one of DART project will also include construction of 29 ordinary bus stations within roadway, five bus terminals, two bus depots along the project corridor and construction of three pedestrian bridges at Ubungo, Kimara Mwisho and Morocco areas.

By PIUS RUGONZIBWA, 22nd December 2011
http://www.dailynews.co.tz/home/?n=26622&cat=home
Old December 23rd, 2011, 08:32 AM   #53
kiligoland

wow, so these are the one going to construct the roads? and it seems that there are different contractors on different project parts, the chinese are doing bus stops and stations, im not sure
Old December 23rd, 2011, 09:19 AM   #54
TZBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiligoland View Post
wow, so these are the one going to construct the roads? and it seems that there are different contractors on different project parts, the chinese are doing bus stops and stations, im not sure
I believe so, it will great when this project is completed.
Old December 23rd, 2011, 10:03 AM   #55
kiligoland

Quote:
Originally Posted by TZBoy View Post
I believe so, it will great when this project is completed.
During the signing the minister was showing this to the reporters, and work on uganda tanzania railway also signed yester day
Quote:
Katika hatua nyingine Waziri wa Uchukuzi ,Omari Nundu , Waziri wa Miundombinu wa Uganda Dk. Chebrot Stephen na Mkurugenzi Mtendaji wa kampuni ya China Civil Engineering Constraction Corporation (CCECC EAST AFRICA LIMITED), Wang Xiang dog leo(jana) wametia saini mkataba ya utafiti wa kina wa mradi wa ujenzi wa reli na bandari mpya.
Utafiti huo utakagharimu dola za marekani milioni 450 utafanywa na kampuni hiyo,ambapo. Mradi huo utahusisha ujengaji wa reli kutoka Tanga- Musoma- Arusha zikiwemo bandari mpya. Fedha za utafiti huo zimetolewa na Tanzania, ambapo utafiti huo utafanyika kwa kipindi cha miezi mitatu hadi sita.
Old December 23rd, 2011, 10:21 AM   #56
believetz

Likes (Received): 177

I am loving the seriousness involved nowadays. Hope this comes to fruitition !

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Projec...12308165451707
believetz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2011, 11:01 AM   #57
C-RDCONGO

Likes (Received): 3

Germans great choice, to me they see to do the best quality work
I hope they get more involved in africa projects
C-RDCONGO no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2011, 01:19 AM   #58
mwinyi

Likes (Received): 1274

we need to see the financials of this

where the money comes from

how much

precondtions for contractors and subcontractors (kwa sababu akina CRJE wanafilisi local companies)

duration

either way we need to see the masterplan ya mji...Dar North
mwinyi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2011, 12:59 PM   #59
soulrebel

Likes (Received): 1

It's about time this project is way behind schedule and probably more than double what the original budget was.

Magufuli is a no nonsense guy, so hopefully we will see some seriousness from these people. If there was a Magufuli in each ministry this country would be a lot further ahead.
soulrebel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2011, 01:51 PM   #60
bantugbro
Olduvai Gorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwinyi View Post
we need to see the financials of this

where the money comes from

how much

precondtions for contractors and subcontractors (kwa sababu akina CRJE wanafilisi local companies)

duration

either way we need to see the masterplan ya mji...Dar North
Acha siasa nyingi wewe, wasipojenga mnapiga kelele, wakijenga bado mwapiga kelele...

Ingia kwenye website yao hapa:
Dar Rapid Transit Agency (DART)