daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > Projects and Construction > Liverpool Metro Area

Liverpool Metro Area 'Scouse Scrapers for both sides of the Mersey

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 11th, 2017, 01:29 PM   #1
flypie125

Likes (Received): 307

LMH/Flanagan Development | Upper Parliament Street | 109 Apartments | 5-6 Storeys

To erect 109no. apartments over 5 & 6 storeys with associated parking

Land on Upper Parliament Street Between Mulgrave Street and Kingsley Road School Liverpool, L8

Not much detail yet but the Geo report is from April 2015, see here. It is in the name of LMH and Flannigan group.

http://northgate.liverpool.gov.uk/Pl...DAURI=PLANNING

Sponsored Links
Old July 11th, 2017, 01:31 PM   #2
flypie125

I cannot even spell Unknown right today.
Old July 11th, 2017, 02:07 PM   #3
Chris B
Liverpool - Est. 1207

Likes (Received): 12672

That's quite interesting. With Elliot's erroneously named Kingsley Place development on the opposite corner of Mulgrave Street, we might see a proper building line, and a suitable built environment restored to this entire stretch of Parliament Street.
Old July 11th, 2017, 02:14 PM   #4
PeterStoba

Likes (Received): 6465

The original plans were only 3 storeys, so good to see they've increased the density!
Old July 11th, 2017, 02:23 PM   #5
buggedboy

Likes (Received): 3038

Interesting. Any drawing/images?
Old July 11th, 2017, 02:56 PM   #6
superla

Likes (Received): 820

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris B View Post
That's quite interesting. With Elliot's erroneously named Kingsley Place development on the opposite corner of Mulgrave Street, we might see a proper building line, and a suitable built environment restored to this entire stretch of Parliament Street.
Is that Elliots plan for the former Afro carribean centre Chris? The one behind the multi coloured railings which IIRC was once also something racquet sport associated?
superla no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2017, 03:18 PM   #7
Chris B
Liverpool - Est. 1207

Likes (Received): 12672

Yes, that's the one. I don't know why it's called Kingsley Place when it's actually Parliament Place that's on the corner of Kingsley Road, but whatever. Along with this development it'll make a positive contribution to the area.

Link - http://elliotgroup.co/special-projects/kingsley-place/
Old July 11th, 2017, 03:20 PM   #8
superla

Likes (Received): 820

cheers Chris, I was actually wondering about this Elliot proposal the other day, it seems to have gone quiet!
superla no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2017, 05:25 PM   #9
flypie125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris B View Post
Let us just hope the Prince's Park councillors have more sense that the Scotland Road ones.
Old July 24th, 2017, 08:41 PM   #10
flypie125

Some more details from 345 Parliament street.

May have to stop slagging of LMH and look for a way of getting a flat.

Dane_e, Chris B, jetsetwilly, Pietari, Andy K and 6 others liked this post
flypie125 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2017, 11:09 PM   #11
flypie125

Needs a few more trees outside and a greater variety. Not happy that the roof is unused should at least be solar. Think the car parking should be undercroft and any hard standing grasscrete.
Old July 25th, 2017, 01:53 AM   #12
B&I

Likes (Received): 1115

Quote:
Originally Posted by flypie125 View Post
Needs a few more trees outside and a greater variety. Not happy that the roof is unused should at least be solar. Think the car parking should be undercroft and any hard standing grasscrete.

All sound suggestions, but I rather like this. Building up to the street itself creates a much more impressive and urban landscape than what has gone there before. Hopefully this will encourage something similar on the pointless open space between the street and the Women's Hospital.

mmcd liked this post
B&I no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2017, 02:20 AM   #13
flypie125

Quote:
Originally Posted by B&I View Post
All sound suggestions, but I rather like this. Building up to the street itself creates a much more impressive and urban landscape than what has gone there before. Hopefully this will encourage something similar on the pointless open space between the street and the Women's Hospital.
In general, I think it good. The North side of the road was generally posher. Next to Grove Street, where the women's is now was Montpelier Terrace. This manages something of that kind of feel. If the Elliot scheme ever gets off the ground, then the 2 will go together.

It is always worth putting pressure on for changes it makes if you can get them, then when the inevitable cost cutting comes along later they will starting from a higher base and only allowed to cut the same amount leaving a better project.

I just hate surface car parks they are a waste and unsightly, as it LMH I'll also put some suggestions in that cut down garden maintenance because they are crap at actually doing it.
Old July 25th, 2017, 11:11 AM   #14
B&I

Quote:
In general, I think it good. The North side of the road was generally posher. Next to Grove Street, where the women's is now was Montpelier Terrace. This manages something of that kind of feel. If the Elliot scheme ever gets off the ground, then the 2 will go together.

It is always worth putting pressure on for changes it makes if you can get them, then when the inevitable cost cutting comes along later they will starting from a higher base and only allowed to cut the same amount leaving a better project.

I just hate surface car parks they are a waste and unsightly, as it LMH I'll also put some suggestions in that cut down garden maintenance because they are crap at actually doing it.

Why I think this works is because, although the style is different to the remaining old terraces on Upper Parliament Street, the scale and proportions are in harmony. Tall buildings are fine in appropriate locations, but we should have more of this sort of thing to restore some sort of density to inner areas. Imagine blocks like this built along the front of other devastated arterial routes, like the Vauxhall, Scotland, Walton, West Derby, Wavertree and Park Roads.

Fitzroy, Sunny-way, Chris B liked this post

Last edited by B&I; July 25th, 2017 at 11:29 PM.
Old July 25th, 2017, 02:55 PM   #15
flypie125

Quote:
Why I think this works is because, although yhe style is different to the remaining old terraces on Upper Parliament Street, the scale and proportions are in harmony. Tall buildings are fine in appropriate locations, but we should have more of this sort of thing to restore some sort of density to inner areas. Imagine blocks like this built along the front of other devastated arterial routes, like the Vauxhall, Scotland, Walton, West Derby, Wavertree and Park Roads.
It isn't simply the old Terrace which buildings can be in keeping with but also the "gardens", I suggest similar for the bottom of West Derby https://unlistedliverpool.blogspot.c...erby-road.html

However, it going to be a fight against the Bungalow Mafia and their claim to be "real people".

Last edited by flypie125; July 26th, 2017 at 03:18 AM.
flypie125 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2017, 05:12 PM   #16
openlyJane
Human Being

Likes (Received): 42572

Is there no way the mis-spelling in this thread title could be corrected?
openlyJane no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2017, 05:24 PM   #17
flypie125

It is awaiting rename.
Old July 25th, 2017, 05:33 PM   #18
b4mmy
★★★

Likes (Received): 613

done
Old July 25th, 2017, 11:29 PM   #19
B&I

Quote:
It isn't simply the old Terrace shich buildings can be in keeping with but also the "gardens", I suggest similar for the bottom of West Derby https://unlistedliverpool.blogspot.c...erby-road.html

However, it going to be a fight against the Bungalow Mafia and there claim to be "real people".

By 'gardens' do you mean the big interwat tenement estates, many of which faced onto.main roads? If so, I agree. If you look at old photos, they scaled in rather nicely with adjacent Georgian areas.

You're also right that the foot of the West Derby Road is one of the biggest areas of grot in the city. I should know, I used to live beside Grant Gardens. I often think it does particularly badly, even in comparison to other arterial roads, because it doesn't lead to anywhere outside the city. I'd like to see the dual carriageway finished down to Low Hill and some medium rise buildings with ground floor commercial built to make that area look more like a thriving city and less like the sort of place Detroit natives go to when the hustle and bustle of the city gets too much for them.
Old July 25th, 2017, 11:46 PM   #20
flypie125

Quote:
By 'gardens' do you mean the big interwat tenement estates, many of which faced onto.main roads? If so, I agree. If you look at old photos, they scaled in rather nicely with adjacent Georgian areas.

You're also right that the foot of the West Derby Road is one of the biggest areas of grot in the city. I should know, I used to live beside Grant Gardens. I often think it does particularly badly, even in comparison to other arterial roads, because it doesn't lead to anywhere outside the city. I'd like to see the dual carriageway finished down to Low Hill and some medium rise buildings with ground floor commercial built to make that area look more like a thriving city and less like the sort of place Detroit natives go to when the hustle and bustle of the city gets too much for them.
They where all called gardens, Mytle Gardens, Sir Thomas White Gardens expet for the ones thet were not. https://unlistedliverpool.blogspot.c...lds-house.html

Hopefully this will give the area a start. http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...#post140470850