daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls

Supertalls Discussions of projects under construction at least 300m/1,000 ft tall.
» Proposed Supertalls

Old Today, 03:21 PM   #12461
j-biz

Likes (Received): 964

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuhu View Post
Hi all.
Very cool tower.
Does anybody know if it exist a similar page like this for other size comparisons? (For example ships comparisons)
Like this?

"Building and ship comparison to the Pentagon2" by Fosnez - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:B...omparison2.svg.

Just remember that 432 Park is taller than the top floor of ESB but shorter than the tip of the antenna, so somewhere in that skinny part. The ship at the bottom is the Seawise Giant, considered the largest ever built.

SMCYB liked this post
j-biz no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old Today, 04:21 PM   #12462
SMCYB

Likes (Received): 302

So 432 Park is pretty much exactly the same length as the Pentagon measured from one side to the tip on the other "side".
SMCYB no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:43 PM   #12463
CCs77

Likes (Received): 1160

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigreach View Post
Last forum update,, was Kanto's update of 354 meter's or 1163ft, (He's usually VERY Accurate) That was 10 days ago

There was a partial jump on july 17th, so it's almost another more level completed, but they can't raise the forms completely until they raise the crane, as soon as they raise it, they will complete the jump.

What the did do today is raising the perimeter forms, I think they are almost at level with the core now.

It seems that what is slowing them down now is the crane. I guess they can't lift it at the same pace that they are building the floors. Since the crane rests in the slabs not so many floors bellow the top, I think those slabs don't have enough time to acquire the needed resistance to support the crane and they have to wait some more days for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600West218 View Post
I think they jumped the core yes, at least a partial jump? I can no longer see the crane on the 53rd street cam.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcatio View Post
Yes, it was a partial core rise. Possibly the crane needs to be raised. The last crane jump occurred on July 1. Three floor slabs have been poured since. Judging from the configuration of the CPB ( Concrete Placing Boom), the core has not reached a full jump. Today, it appears that columns are being poured. With both the 59St and now the 56St cams down (don't know why they messed with the 56St cam; it gave a good view of the ground action, and gave important clues to the action aloft), we have to rely on just the 53rd St cam, which itself needs to be raised in order to follow the action up top.
CCs77 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:50 PM   #12464
dean87
kedahsejahtera

Likes (Received): 1871

View from Top of the Rock Rockefeller Center @ New York City by Piconcillo, on Flickr

View from Top of the Rock Rockefeller Center @ New York City by Piconcillo, on Flickr

dashyfreak, JRQ liked this post
dean87 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:59 PM   #12465
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Likes (Received): 12002

This is the update I've been waiting for. Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoogfriesland View Post
From "Top of the Rock, 7/21/14:

image by fotovandaag, on Flickr

My photo threads:

QuantumX está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:05 PM   #12466
Riley1066

Likes (Received): 118

I still want a 3 foot high solar panel array on top of the building to make it an even 1400 feet.
Riley1066 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
new york city, new york project, park avenue, supertall