SkyscraperCity Forum banner

[Kish] Mica Tower | Complete

Tags
iran kish
15K views 30 replies 19 participants last post by  SoroushPersepolisi 
#1 ·
I don't Recall seeing this project on the forum, But when I was in Kish Last month I came across several Towers Going up, However I found one of them. Mica Tower, this tower was Going up right across from my hotel.

http://www.micatowers.com/en/default.aspx

See less See more
#3 ·
Date of completion: May '07

Specs:

• Reinforced concrete structure
  • Pre-stressed reinforced concrete roofs
  • Elevation glass and cement
  • Corridors and lobby with the most excellent patterned granite
  • The hall floor covered with the best high-quality Imported ceramics, wood skirting and Floors coated with parquet and carpet
  • Double layer glass aluminium windows
  • High standard wiring with the best materials

General Features:

Audio and Video Systems
  • 24 hours internet access (Wireless)
  • Centeral Sattelite (Wireless)
  • Centeral internal network antena

Telecommunication & Entertainment facilities
  • Pager and Phone connection to the lobby
  • Air conditioning activation by phone
  • Parking card

Security, Surviliance and Fire Extinguishing systems
  • Central fire detection and protection systems (dry & wet)
  • Fire extinguisher
  • Lightening protection system
  • Surviliance camera system
  • Emergency electricity
  • Smoke sensor in all units and floors
  • Fire alarm system in all floors
  • Emergency water supply
  • Electronic locks (Anti-theft)
  • High speed elevators with inteligent abilities

Constrution:

Internal renders:

#17 ·
UPDATE MICA TOWER

A unit plan can be seen on the website here: http://www.micatowers.com/en/unitplan.aspx
It shows how each floor will be planned out and the measurements of each unit.

3D Video of the Interior: http://www.micatowers.com/movie/mica_3d_interior.wmv

A Selection of Construction Pictures from the Website:

Unfortunately the Progression Pictures and Information on the site aren't working, but I will put up the thumbnails so you can get some idea of how the work is progressing.

Installation of glass of external view

95% of Windows installed...internal

Landscaping

Implementation of waterfront of entrance area of Mica tower

Lobby

Roofed Parking

Completion of stoning on back of building

Completion of Elevator Installation

Unit Entrance Doors

Implementation of ceramics of units floors to the 11th floor

#18 ·
I have to say I dont like the look of this building. It looks a bit wedding cake like so many buildings in north Tehran. A building that size should look modern. It also doesnt mean anything good. Its an exclusive development for rich people. The country could be falling apart at the seams and buildings like this would still go up in Kish. You see the same the world over in developing countries. Its not real news to me that some fancy, frilly, exclusive block is going up in Kish for the likes of Rafsanjani's son or north Tehran plastic surgeons to relax at the odd weekend. It would be good to see some decent housing blocks going up in south Tehran or a shabby corner of Zahedan.

#24 ·
Lol it looks quite different in real life from the renders. It looked shiny and more upscale looking in the renders, but in real life it just looks normal, maybe even weird especially because the purple is a really bad colour. Who chose purple to put on that building?

#25 ·
Again, the thought that the coloumns will make this building look good. I mean we have seen enough buildings with these coloumns referring to Takhte-Jamshid, but this one is really a failure by the architect, a BIG one! Modern building with coloumns on top of the building...

#30 ·
I don't get why everyone is getting all flustered about this. I think the Mica Tower looks nice. And the pink color gives it the old Havana beachfront condo look to it. I agree the renders made it look more shiny and glitzy, but you all have to remember renders don't always give an accurate portrait of the project. All in all, it looks fine to me.
p.s. it's not like the whole think is filled with columns, its just a few small columns. who cares.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.