daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > Africa > Southern Africa > South Africa > Economy, Infrastructure and Transportation > Sporting Infrastructure and Events > The Touchline

The Touchline Sports

View Poll Results: Who will be the winner of the 2010 world cup
Germany 0 0%
Brazil 5 62.50%
England 0 0%
Nigeria 1 12.50%
Argentina 0 0%
France 0 0%
Italy 0 0%
South Africa 1 12.50%
USA 0 0%
Egypt 0 0%
Portugal 1 12.50%
Netherlands 0 0%
Cameroon 0 0%
Cote'd voire 0 0%
Egypt 0 0%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old December 29th, 2008, 05:14 AM   #1
DennisRodman97
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Who will lift the 2010 FIFA WORLD CUP??????

England is playing well right now.....Brazil is iffy...
DennisRodman97 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old December 29th, 2008, 05:17 AM   #2
DennisRodman97
BANNED

Super Eagles of Nigeria
Old December 29th, 2008, 06:32 AM   #3
Pule
BITTER HEART NEVER REST

Likes (Received): 77

I would love to see Ghana or Ivory Coast lifting the trophy as I think their strongest African teams we have but Brazil still stands out for me.As for Super Eagels, they have been dissapointing me lately.
Old December 29th, 2008, 06:56 PM   #4
DennisRodman97
BANNED

u know the eagles went to the olympics final where they lost to argentina....they were undefeated in the first phase of the world cup qualifying.
Old December 30th, 2008, 12:22 AM   #5
Gulivar

And you honestly think Nigeria could win the World Cup, what with all the usual strong Euro and South American teams?

Haha.
Gulivar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2008, 09:35 PM   #6
DennisRodman97
BANNED

yes i do....its on african soil...and nigeria have been rebuilding their team moving past the old stars like jay jay okocha to new guys.

Cameroon, ghana, egypt and ivory coast can also make some noise in twenty ten
Old December 31st, 2008, 12:25 PM   #7
dysan1
More development

Likes (Received): 335

lol this is a silly question, its like asking which will be the next successful movie to launch in 2010 or what the rand dollar exchange rate will be, no one has a damn clue
Old December 31st, 2008, 02:46 PM   #8
Lydon

Likes (Received): 2084

and the fact that the world cup is on African soil isn't going to do much for Nigeria at all, so that's really of no relevance.
Old December 31st, 2008, 05:20 PM   #9
DennisRodman97
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dysan1 View Post
lol this is a silly question, its like asking which will be the next successful movie to launch in 2010 or what the rand dollar exchange rate will be, no one has a damn clue
its just a poll.....its like asking americans who is gonna be the next president of the usa 1 year prior to the election.
Old December 31st, 2008, 05:24 PM   #10
DennisRodman97
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lydon View Post
and the fact that the world cup is on African soil isn't going to do much for Nigeria at all, so that's really of no relevance.
yes it does....most africans will feel at home rather going to europe nor america or asia ......it will help with their mentality....becuz most africans think this is their cup and I have no doubt or cameroon can go far in the tournament....Nigeria won the 1996 olympics beating brazil a team with ronaldo, dida, bebeto e.t.c and argentina that year....nigeria almost beat italy in the 1994 world cup....in 1998 they had a chance to move on but fuked up.....Nigeria has been a team knocking on the door maybe hosting it in africa they will finally break thru. Nigeria can beat any team in the world brazil or england!
Old January 1st, 2009, 04:06 PM   #11
Lydon

Likes (Received): 2084

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisRodman97 View Post
yes it does....most africans will feel at home rather going to europe nor america or asia ......it will help with their mentality....becuz most africans think this is their cup and I have no doubt or cameroon can go far in the tournament....Nigeria won the 1996 olympics beating brazil a team with ronaldo, dida, bebeto e.t.c and argentina that year....nigeria almost beat italy in the 1994 world cup....in 1998 they had a chance to move on but fuked up.....Nigeria has been a team knocking on the door maybe hosting it in africa they will finally break thru. Nigeria can beat any team in the world brazil or england!
I'm sorry but I find that funny. Sure, the cup being on African soil is all good and well, but it's basically on the other side of Africa for starters. Surely if they're so good something as simple as it being on African soil won't make much difference at all.
Old January 2nd, 2009, 03:48 PM   #12
dysan1
More development

Likes (Received): 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisRodman97 View Post
They will feel "at home" in SA? hmmm...go ask them that in the other african forums i am sure they will tell you the exact opposite. Its like saying england will feel at home playing in Germany cos they are both white, it dont matter a fluff
Old January 2nd, 2009, 05:31 PM   #13
DennisRodman97
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dysan1 View Post
They will feel "at home" in SA? hmmm...go ask them that in the other african forums i am sure they will tell you the exact opposite. Its like saying england will feel at home playing in Germany cos they are both white, it dont matter a fluff
remember when japan/korea hosted the 2002 world cup....south korea reached the semi final because they were playing at home.....Im not saying south africans like nigerians or vice versa...but the mentality of the cup being played on african soil is what i am talking about.....this is africa's world cup....korea never even made it to the 2nd round before....that shows u when u are playing in close proximity it can change ur mentality....south africa is still in africa...Most Africans think this is africa's chance to shine.

Some facts about the region where the fifa world cup has been played!

Only one south american country has won the world cup outside of the Americas (Brazil in 1958 in sweden and 2002 in japan/korea)

All World Cups won by European teams have taken place in Europe.

The only non-European team to win in Europe is Brazil in 1958.

Only twice had consecutive World Cups been won by teams from the same continent — when Italy and Brazil successfully defended their titles in 1938 and 1962 respectively.

Last edited by DennisRodman97; January 2nd, 2009 at 05:39 PM.
Old January 2nd, 2009, 05:41 PM   #14
DennisRodman97
BANNED

So its a Big deal the world cup is being played in Africa!