search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > Projects and Construction > Liverpool Metro Area

Liverpool Metro Area 'Scouse Scrapers for both sides of the Mersey

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 7th, 2012, 12:38 AM   #3641
Martin S

Likes (Received): 3030

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggedboy View Post
One thing Manchester Airport does much better than Liverpool is media stuff. They regularly smooze the media. In return, the media always choose Manchester airport to do "coming home" type stories e.g. coming home from disasters etc. Only last Thursday my girlfriend and hundreds of regional/national journos got hammered at a free booze event provided entirely by the airport.

If you feed them, they will come.

Robin Tudor, the airport's p.r. manager addressed this point at the FoLA meeting on Tuesday. Apparently the budget for publicity at Manchester is equal to the entire turnover at Liverpool John Lennon.
Martin S no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 7th, 2012, 12:48 AM   #3642
buggedboy

Likes (Received): 2989

They do splash the cash. Their PR guy is always on call apparently. 24/7.

Low hanging fruit and all that.
Old December 7th, 2012, 10:48 AM   #3643
world_rep
BANNED

Likes (Received): 383

Quote:
Apparently the budget for publicity at Manchester is equal to the entire turnover at Liverpool John Lennon.
And somehow they still couldn't manage to even acknowledge the Iberia flight as a new route on its own website when it ran. At least LPL advertise new routes on their website, which shows its not all about money.
world_rep no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2012, 11:06 AM   #3644
Uomo Senza Nome

Likes (Received): 901

Manchester airport's publicity budget is not larger than the turnover of LJL.

Think about it for a second. Most airport promotional guff, is supplied by the airlines. As a total, advertisements from the airport, Easyjet, KLM, Lufthansa, Emirates etc may well be larger than the turnover of LJL. But clearly Manchester Airport is not spending the annual turnover of LJL on marketing/publicity alone.

More bollocks spin to win favour in a room of people who cannot think.
Old December 7th, 2012, 11:37 AM   #3645
livermouse
BANNED

Likes (Received): 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uomo Senza Nome View Post

Think about it for a second. Most airport promotional guff, is supplied by the airlines. As a total, advertisements from the airport, Easyjet, KLM, Lufthansa, Emirates etc may well be larger than the turnover of LJL. But clearly Manchester Airport is not spending the annual turnover of LJL on marketing/publicity alone.

Oh yes they are
livermouse no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2012, 12:17 PM   #3646
buggedboy

Likes (Received): 2989

I agree that the PR budget cannot be that massive, but their operation is much bigger, active and professional.

The first rule of PR. Keep talking to the press, even when you have nothing to say.
Old December 7th, 2012, 12:19 PM   #3647
Rollingstone Gather

Likes (Received): 38

Quote:

I'm not sure they need one with BBC northwest tonight giving them free little adverts
“If the decision is going to be made by the facts, then everyone’s facts, as long as they are relevant, are equal. If the decision is going to be made on the basis of people’s opinions, then mine count for a lot more". James Barksdale

Is this the right room for an argument?....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQFKtI6gn9Y
Rollingstone Gather no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2012, 12:59 PM   #3648
Uomo Senza Nome

I would wager that NW tonight does not carry more than 4 times the articles on Manchester than Liverpool airports. That been the comparative sizes.

Instead of slagging them off for publicsing the routes, you're ire should be directed, as mentioned, at the lack of PR savvy if they are not telling the world about new routes? I doubt the facts back up any of this either way. This is the internet and when you look at the facts I would imagine NW tonight does carry the same, relative to size, number of articles.

Everyone slagging NW tonight off, having asked them for a breakdown on the number of news articles and are therefore stating fact or just guessing? Hmm.
Old December 7th, 2012, 01:59 PM   #3649
livermouse
BANNED

Quote:
I would wager that NW tonight does not carry more than 4 times the articles on Manchester than Liverpool airports. That been the comparative sizes.

Instead of slagging them off for publicsing the routes, you're ire should be directed, as mentioned, at the lack of PR savvy if they are not telling the world about new routes? I doubt the facts back up any of this either way. This is the internet and when you look at the facts I would imagine NW tonight does carry the same, relative to size, number of articles.

Everyone slagging NW tonight off, having asked them for a breakdown on the number of news articles and are therefore stating fact or just guessing? Hmm.
Stating facts, I don't watch NW tonight now for that reason they only report and show the bad side of Liverpool, both the airport and the City.
Starting next Year Liverpool will have its own TV station,its already on line at
www.baytvliverpool.co.uk
Old December 7th, 2012, 02:18 PM   #3650
Awayo
Support the Squirrels

Likes (Received): 717

Bay tv is one of the bidders for Liverpool's "hyperlocal" tv service but not the only one. It is reported that the winner will not be announced until early 2013.

Last edited by Awayo; December 7th, 2012 at 02:25 PM.
Awayo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2012, 02:38 PM   #3651
livermouse
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awayo View Post
Bay tv is one of the bidders for Liverpool's "hyperlocal" tv service but not the only one. It is reported that the winner will not be announced until early 2013.
I have inside info
Old December 7th, 2012, 02:49 PM   #3652
Awayo
Support the Squirrels

You may. I have heard rumours also but didn't think they were worth repeating without substantiation.
Old December 7th, 2012, 04:31 PM   #3653
Rollingstone Gather

Likes (Received): 38

Quote:

I did consider recording stories on BBC's R4 Today program in a spreadsheet to highlight to the BBC editors that every single art/culture story (well 90% it seemed) was based on exhibitions/museums in London. Its probably nothing malicious - just plain laziness. However if it was pointed out to them statistically it would make them think - about what, I cant answer.

No wonder Scotland wants to go it alone - the centralised, patronage based media and government systems of England just aren't relevant to anyone living outside of London (and to a much lesser extent the model is copied in Manchester)
“If the decision is going to be made by the facts, then everyone’s facts, as long as they are relevant, are equal. If the decision is going to be made on the basis of people’s opinions, then mine count for a lot more". James Barksdale

Is this the right room for an argument?....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQFKtI6gn9Y
Rollingstone Gather no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2012, 05:41 PM   #3654
Uomo Senza Nome

Yup defo. But then Liverpool TV will be irrelevant to Chester/Warrington etc.

It will always happen to some extent?
Old December 7th, 2012, 06:05 PM   #3655
Paul D
CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER

Likes (Received): 6685

Not for either of them it wouldn't, it's totally relevant to them.
Paul D no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2012, 06:32 PM   #3656
Uomo Senza Nome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
Not for either of them it wouldn't, it's totally relevant to them.
And flying from Manchester is not to people from Liverpool.

Oh dear, it's silly games time again.
Old December 7th, 2012, 06:36 PM   #3657
Paul D
CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER

Likes (Received): 6685

Silly games time is when somebody opens a new account to troll like you have, are you another bored manc who wont say what's on his mind under his real name?

Quote:
And flying from Manchester is not to people from Liverpool.
Maybe but Alleged manc Paedo Stuart Hall on the Liverpool BBC page is irrelevant to us.Main headline too.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/england/merseyside/

A scouser winning at Wimbledon this year was relevant but that failed to get a mention because winning at the World's best Tennis tournament is not newsworthy enough because we have to know where's Fred.

Last edited by Paul D; December 7th, 2012 at 06:49 PM.
Paul D no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2012, 07:02 PM   #3658
Uomo Senza Nome

Stuart Hall was a national news headline. He broadcast nationally, not to Ashton. Often from Anfield and Goodison.
I did not realise the full hate you have.
Old December 7th, 2012, 07:04 PM   #3659
bluesnapper

Likes (Received): 1604

Easyjet have not even acknowledged either of it new routes from Liverpool yet.
bluesnapper no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2012, 07:11 PM   #3660
Awayo
Support the Squirrels

In a recent Times business supplement it quoted a Vantage representative as saying something about the budget-only model has having run its course and that the airport would seek more of a mix of services including possibly more freight.

Tags
airports, airports of north england