search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > Euroscrapers > Local discussions > Hungary > Projects and Development > Tervek és építkezések

Tervek és építkezések Projects and Construction |» Budapest

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 395 votes, 5.00 average.
Old March 22nd, 2008, 11:43 PM   #21
Sieg
Germano-Hungarian

Likes (Received): 426

Quote:
Originally Posted by cernoch View Post
I personally don't like historical towns but this one is

I would add one photo from wiki, if you don't mind:

Thank you for this post! I saw it too when I was collecting data from Wikipedia but I didn't post it because it features some things that are not there anymore. For example right in the foreground there is the old bus station - one of the ugliest buildings I ever saw, fortunately it's gone now. Left from the single-towered church there is the Hiemer-Font-Caraffa house... huh, it looked really sad.
But this is the best aerial I saw about the city, the angle is just perfect. It also shows that the city center is quite small actually.

Sponsored Links
Old March 22nd, 2008, 11:45 PM   #22
Qtya
sensational

Likes (Received): 8979

No words Sieg...

II. János Pál pápa
Qtya está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2008, 12:14 AM   #23
RawLee

Likes (Received): 1081

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sieg View Post
Well, I would agree it's boring
Not in the way you think. I really enjoyed walking in the city centre,seeing how the ruins were being excavated below the buildings and watching people living in the centre,eating ice-cream beside the orb...but probably because the very same small historic centre,I couldnt feel like I could spend more time there than occasionally a day,because I can walk along commies and in suburbia here too...those are the same everywhere. Currently I have the very same feeling in my district...it lost its charm after WWII. But we dont stand a chance to get the feeling back,while your city has(not that it lost it,but I dont know how Fehérvár looked before the war)!All these things that are happening in the city right now...it seems the city is trying very hard to appeal to outsiders.
RawLee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2008, 03:07 AM   #24
tersyxus
The downtown droid

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
I think Fehérvár has a very-very 'normal' look, it is like the communist dream, a naive, clean and jovial city
Yes, this was exactly my impression about Feheravar too. The fulfillment of communism, the perfect town. Planned, organised and calm.
Old March 23rd, 2008, 04:15 AM   #25
markuz
Think different

Likes (Received): 0

Really very nice city, i hope that i'll visit it in summer. Great job!

www.iPhoneShop.sk - veselé a štýlové púzdra a doplnky pre tvoj iPhone a iPod
markuz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2008, 04:33 AM   #26
tersyxus
The downtown droid

Sieg, here is a huge aerial photo database: http://www.civertan.hu/legifoto/legi...geNum_images=0
Will give you a hand if you wanna introduce something.

BTW, do you ave news on the railway station? Any plans for modernization, perhaps on the long-run? All international passengers see that ran-down zoo.

Hey, what are these modern complexes? Alba Plaza. And the one on the opposite side?
Old March 23rd, 2008, 07:21 PM   #27
Sieg
Germano-Hungarian

This picture shows the Alba Plaza indeed (never seen from above... huh I thought it was much narrower). The building on the other side is called Fehér Palota (White Palace, so that foreigner also understand...) a shopping center with a Media Markt, a Tesco and similar typical stuff. It looks like this from the pedestrian bridge on Palotai road:

The so-called Murvás Parkoló (an empty area recently sold by the city) is nearby. It will be a development of a 10-20 billion (40-80 million euros) scale - however the details are still enveloped in deep secrecy...

As for the railway station, I don't know when you were there (it was slightly renovated a couple of years ago) but I think it's not that bad at all. The exterior is a normal '50 design, nothing special but in a good condition. The interiors are rather pretty good, there are new fake-marble coverings, new tiles, paintings, a very modern ticket desk, digital matrix screens for information. Even the park in front of it was renovated with flower beds, now its not only a single concrete surface. Too bad the asphalt-covered bus station still has those cracked roads... but to be honest I saw way worse train stations. Unfortunately, I haven't heard about any plans to reconstruct it into a cool glass-steel building or something like that, at least not in the close future.
There are long-term plans to move the bus station here, fully underground, creating a huge intermodal hub, but I don't see any possibility for that for at least a decade.

Last edited by Sieg; March 24th, 2008 at 07:42 PM.
Sieg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2008, 12:14 AM   #28
Sieg
Germano-Hungarian

Dark autumn phototrip

I have several photo series about the city in which I did not particularly concentrate on areas intended for tourists. This is one of them. Though it features some midtown sceneries, this series was mainly shot in residential/suburban areas I found interesting.

Starting in the vicinity of the II. Rákóczi Ferenc Elementary School, some commie and regular older architecture:

These pictures were shot after a violent rainstorm. There is a construction site in this street: note the incredible amount of mud on the pavement

Continuing my stroll to some areas in the Felsőváros (yes, where Aunt Kati was from), an area that has preserved much of its rural characteristics.

This is a renovated watermill complex, now functioning as an office for the local Kodolányi János University College.

Houses on a creekbank: typical scenery, not far away from the Csónakázó-tó (Rowing Lake).

A really strange commie building, the Szabadművelődés Háza (House of Free Education) and the Terkán Lajos Observatory on the top. They have a 30 cm Newtonian telescope and organize observation shows for the public. As a high school with art classes is also in this building, no wonder this is the main goth lair of Fehérvár

The Csónakázó-tó itself, with the Szedreskert residential area on the other shore. A peaceful place, I went to kindergarten here...

The Rózsaliget park, future site of the mini-Fehérvár and the Royal Playground (both part of Project Royal Walk). A creek separates this park from the abandonded site of the former amusement park where right now the four-star Euréka Park Hotel is under construction. The project includes a running park open also to the public.

The Csitáry Emil Well. Csitáry discovered a spring of mineral water with a very high concentration of iron and other metals (it turns the storage bottles red). It is called savanyúvíz (sour water) and considered very healthy. There are a few bottles of it in almost every apartment in the neighborhood. Csitáry left in his will that noone should ever ask money for this water. This is why the spring is open to the public, and everyone can take the water in this park.

The city swimming pool.

Commieblocks of the Ligetsor, just a few steps away.

After a short ride by a Mercedes (well, just the Conecto type) I'm back to the city center, at the bus station.

Walking towards the main square

Christmas fair

A shopping street

After this trip I took another bus to the Öreghegy area where I live. This is where the Bory Castle lies, one of the most interesting buildings in Central Europe IMO. The whole area is quite special, I will dedicate a whole post to it. This is just some appetizer...

Large gardens and vineyards still preserve the agricultural past of this area.

But there are more special, elegant houses as well.

These houses become extremely popular in this area after people could go West in the '70s...

And finally... with victorian gloom, the Bory Castle towering against the dark autumn sky!

I hope you liked the results of this trip. Though the sun didn't shine, I think these pictures are still quite good, they have an atmosphere they just couldn't have had with the sun shining.

Last edited by Sieg; March 24th, 2008 at 12:26 AM.
Sieg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2008, 10:13 PM   #29
Sieg
Germano-Hungarian

New biking roads in Székesfehérvár

This news is about a month old.
The local government approved the construction of two new biking routes, one it the so-called Alsóváros area and one connecting the suburb Kisfalud (current end of the city biking routes) to the nearby village Dinnyés (where there is the already existing Velencei Lake biking route). The latter one grants the opportunity to ride all the way from the city center to the Velencei Lake on designated biking routes.
Fehérvár currently has 27 kms of biking routes. The extension is another 10 kms. Total cost is about 320 million forints (1.3 million euros), mostly funded with money from tenders. Completion deadline is this summer (for the Dinnyés extension) and May, 2009 (for the Alsóváros line).

Két új kerékpárút épül pályázati támogatással

„A regionális fejlesztési tanács tegnapelőtt döntött arról, hogy újabb kerékpárút építését támogatja Székesfehérváron.“ – mondta el Warvasovszky Tihamér polgármester. Jelenleg 27 km kerékpárút van a városban, de a közeljövőben jelentős bővülés várható hiszen az elnyert pályázati támogatásoknak köszönhetően újabb 10 km épül. Leghamarabb a Kisfalud-Dinnyés közötti szakaszt vehetik birtokba a kerékpárosok, amely már idén nyáron elkészül. A közel 5km-es alsóvárosi kerékpárutat 2009 tavaszától használhatjuk.

Székesfehérvár polgármestere elmondta, hogy a két kerékpárút építési költsége 320 millió forint, ehhez 238 milliót nyert el a város a Regionális Operatív Program keretén belül.

5 km-es lesz az alsóvárosi kerékpárút

Az alsóvárosi kerékpárút építéséhez 138 millió forintos támogatást nyert el a város, a beruházás teljes értéke 172 millió forint.
Az út összeköttetést teremt a 15 ezer embert foglalkoztató Sóstó Ipari Parkkal, illetve biztosítja az alsóváros központjában lévő intézmények kerékpárral való megközelítését is. Az út megépülésével a Sóstó Természetvédelmi Területen működő erdei iskola is megközelíthető lesz kerékpárral. Az alsóvárosi szakasz közel 5 km-es lesz, a tervezett kerékpárút a Horváth István utcától a Hosszúsétatéren és a Temető utcán át a Szárcsa és a sárkeresztúri út mellett halad. A nyomvonalból a Hosszúsétatér- Homoksor-Csíkvári út csomópontnál szárnyvonalak indulnak a Sóstó Stadion illetve az alsóváros intézményközpontja felé.

Nagy Zsolt közlekedési irodavezető elmondta, hogy kerékpáros pihenőhelyek is kialakításra kerülnek: tárolók épülnek például a sóstói tanösvény bejáratánál, és a stadionnál, illetve a alsóvárosi intézményközpontban. A közbeszerzést 2008 júniusában írják ki, a fehérváriak 2009 májusától vehetik birtokba az alsóvárosi kerékpárutat.

Idén nyáron elkészül a Kisfalud-Dinnyés szakasz

A Kisfalud-Dinnyés kerékpárúttal kapcsolatban Székesfehérvár polgármestere elmondta, ma délután rendkívüli közgyűlésen döntenek a kivitelező személyéről. Az új, 4,4 km-es szakasz építésének becsült költsége 150 millió forint, ebből 100 millót a Regionális Fejlesztési Tanács fizet. A kivitelezés idén áprilisban kezdődik, és várhatóan júliusban 30-ig befejeződnek a munkálatok.

Maps with approximate routes:

Old March 24th, 2008, 10:29 PM   #30
Sieg
Germano-Hungarian

New shopping center of the Maroshegy residential area

News from last December, the construction is currently going on. Just a dull shopping center (no offices or anything) but it's good news that even international companies have grown out their 'LINDAB box age'. As the area is largely suburban, the center is promised to be very 'green' with parks and trees.

A város legzöldebb bevásárlóközpontja épül a Maroshegyen

Három hete kezdődött a Maroshegyen, a volt Ikarus Sportpálya területén az a beruházás, mely évekre meghatározhatja a városrész arculatát. A nyolc hektáros terület egy részén a város legzöldebb bevásárlóközpontja épül meg 2009-ig. Az építkezésről csütörtökön tartottak sajtótájékoztatót a Hiemer-házban. Brájer Éve a Maroshegy önkormányzati képviselője elmondta, hogy a terveket lakossági fórumokon egyeztették a lakókkal.

A volt sportpálya helyén Interspar és Praktiker áruház lesz, amik a parkolókkal és a parkkal együtt hat hektárt foglal el,a maradék két hektáros területen pedig sportpályákat épít az önkormányzat. Jelenleg fakivágást folytatnak a területen, azonban megnyutató, hogy jelentős mennyiségű 20-25 centiméteres törzsméretű fát, pontosan 423 darabot, 12 ezer cserjét és 2400 tő évelő virágot ültet ki a beruházó, amivel minden valószínűség szerint a város legzöldebb áruháza lesz. (Fák: Mezei Juhar, Ezüst Hárs, Magyar Kőris, Korai Juhar, Galagonya, Platán, Díszkörte, Vörös Tölgy, Vadgesztenye, Tulipánfa, jegenyefenyő, Feketefenyő, Tiszafa)

A sportpálya felé 5 méter magas zajvédő falat is építenek, amit borostyánnal és vadszőlővel futtatnak majd be. Kiemelték, hogy több áruházi parkolóval ellentétben öntözőrendszert is építenek, hogy zöld maradjon a környék.

A közlekedéssel kapcsolatban elhangzott, hogy körforgalmi csomópont lesz a vasúti átjáró, az áruház parkolója és az ún. Szilvamag (ami a Balatoni út és a Temesvári út folytatása közötti terület) között. A buszmegállót is áthelyezik és a gyalogosforgalmat is biztonságosabbá teszik -mondta Brájer Éva a terület önkormányzati képviselője. Kiemelte, hogy az áruház a lehető legkevesebb parkolót, mintegy 700-at épít és a zöldfelület meghatározó lesz a Maroshegyen.

Old March 24th, 2008, 10:43 PM   #31
Mikon77

Likes (Received): 0

I like Székesfehérvár, it's one of my favourite cities in Hungary.

Quote:

News from last December, the construction is currently going on. Just a dull shopping center (no offices or anything) but it's good news that even international companies have grown out their 'LINDAB box age'. As the area is largely suburban, the center is promised to be very 'green' with parks and trees.

This is really nice, i like it.
Mikon77 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2008, 10:54 PM   #32
Sieg
Germano-Hungarian

Winter Wonderland

These pictures were taken the day the first snow fell in Székesfehérvár, 16th December 2007. This was the first real snowfall in ages so I went to take pictures of the city under the white blanket

I started up in the Öreghegy area where I live. Many scenes were really like a christmas postcard.

The Bory Castle, covered with snow

It was the first time in many years that children could actually play in the snow

Bory Square, in front of the castle. The statue of the Master is proudly watching his work.

Street scenes like in a christmas tale...

Line 32 took me to the city center

And here we are, just next to the Alba Regia Center, by the city gate

Going deeper into the historical midtown, with the episcopal palace on the right

Main square with the Chrismas fair and decorations

The Hiemer House and the St. Imre Church

The border of the city center

Back to the midtown, this is a scene I have already posted a summer picture of. It looks so much different with the snow

Géza fejedelem tér with the statue of the High Prince, the father of St. Stephen who estabilished the Hungarian state.

St. Anna chapel

Inner courtyard, also posted some summer pics

Hősök tere with the statue of the Lying Soldier, a tribute to Hungary's fallen heroes in the second world war

A cold day indeed on Kempelen square

Some Russian feel with the unmissable commies

And finally a bonus: the main street at twilight
Old March 28th, 2008, 11:13 PM   #33
Kontúr
Hajrá Magyarország!

Likes (Received): 13

Can you post some pics of Bory castle?
Kontúr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2008, 12:35 AM   #34
Sieg
Germano-Hungarian

Bory Castle

Well, as a matter of fact I can

All of these are pretty distant or just not good... funny thing is I live like 200 ms away but I have more pictures of the Potsdamer Platz in Berlin or the midtown of Zürich than of this really beautiful castle.

This here is like a little Gothic romance...

And in this one it's together with a vineyard, very typical for this area

This and the following ones were taken by an Estonian exchange student girl who used to live in our house. Too bad we realized only later that there was a condensation in her camera...

It's a shame this here is my best shot. Maybe I will go and visit tomorrow, the entrance fee is about 50 cents and it's equally beautiful on the inside. It's just very gloomy...
Old March 29th, 2008, 01:10 AM   #35
RawLee

Likes (Received): 1081

Very nice pics! I've been to the Bory castle when I was in the city last time('bout 3 year ago),and I liked it too!Though I didnt take pics there...
RawLee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2008, 02:30 AM   #36
tersyxus
The downtown droid

Quote:
Well, as a matter of fact I can

funny thing is I live like 200 ms away but I have more pictures of the Potsdamer Platz in Berlin or the midtown of Zürich than of this really beautiful castle.
Yo Kidding?
Anyway, it could be cool living in that neighborhood. As a downtown kid I was really amazed by the atmosphere of streets and green gardens when walking around Bory-var.

I was there in like 2004. Then there was still some work going on the castle but as far as I know construction will never ever end, or what. I wonder from what money... The descendants of the old family still live there, don't they? But they didn't look too rich for me
The guy who started to build the castle was pretty determined because he had lost his wife or a little daughter and so the whole is dedicated to her. Dunno. That's all I vaguely remember. Could you tell the story. I know it's a fairytale.

BTW, thanks for the pictures above. Fehervar attracts me more and more.
Old March 29th, 2008, 12:37 PM   #37
Sieg
Germano-Hungarian

Well, the castle is constantly under renovation but I don't really understand why, it doesn't seem to need it that much. The descendants still live there, yes, and I think they get a lot of money to renovate from foundations and authorities because the Bory Castle is a real pride of the city.
The castle itself was built as some kind of a love-gift by Bory Jenő, an artist and architect. The building was basically built by him alone, at least he was the one guiding everything and also the designer. The whole castle is full of artwork (statues, marble carvings, paintings and even poems carved in stone), mostly about his love for his wife. Sure he was dedicated It also features some artwork about Hungarian history, though, for example the statues of kings on an external corridor which is very well visible on my first phototrip pictures (though they are covered with 'plastic bags' for protection from the frost).
The castle has a very sad and gloomy atmosphere, so to say it's very Gothic (not in the arts, but the subculture sense). Very hard to believe it's only 80 years old.
Old March 29th, 2008, 12:55 PM   #38
tersyxus
The downtown droid

Thanks for the story.
As far as I know it's not only under constant renovation but it's being extended from time to time.
Old March 29th, 2008, 02:52 PM   #39
Sieg
Germano-Hungarian

Maybe a little bit. There is not much to extend however, it's in a totally built-in area. I think there was something about a tower that was built recently... wow, I'm so ashamed but I'm not as up to date regarding the Bory Castle as I should be

Interesting fact: there is a stone in the castle, beneath the highest tower with a red star and a Russian name on it. This is where a Russian officer fell down after he was shot by a sharpshooter from the Videoton factory chimney during the 1956 freedom fight in Hungary. Funny thing is that the Videoton is at least 2 kms away...

Death is never the appropriate thing to joke with but this Hungarian soldier would certainly be a Counter Strike world champion nowadays
Old March 29th, 2008, 03:01 PM   #40
Sieg
Germano-Hungarian

Extension of the bypass roundabout

The Székesfehérvár bypass ends in roundabouts at both ends, one in the Alsóváros industrial park and the other one near a suburban area called Feketehegy-Szárazrét. Especially this latter one can get heavily overcrowded at peak time, causing much upheaval among the people who live there. A company is building a large industrial comlex next to this roundabout which will mean its extension and reconstruction to be guided by traffic lights, similar to the practice of the city of Győr.
The article is also about road reconstructions and the starting of new bus lines in this area. Already a nice and attractive area, the Feketehegy-Szárazrét may become even more popular for those who want the typical Székesfehérvár suburban feel but lower prices than the Öreghegy

This picture shows the area and the location of the new investment:

Városfejlesztés - 2008. 03. 27.
Példátlan beruházások kezdődnek idén a Feketehegy-Szárazréten

A Feketehegy-Szárazrét 2008-as fejlesztéseiről tartottak sajtótájékoztatót szerdán a Városházán. A terület önkormányzati képviselője és a város polgármestere a körforgalmi csomópont bővítése és a városrész útfelújításai mellett arról is tájékoztatott, hogy elkerülő út III. ütem építése még ebben az évtizedben elkezdődhet.

Ettől az évtől kezdve minden önkormányzati választókörzet képviselője közösen tart tájékoztatót a város polgármesterével a városrészeket érintő fejlesztésekkel kapcsolatban -hangsúlyozta Warvasovszky Tihamér polgármester. A Feketehegy-Szárazréten az idén befejeződik a Sajó és a Rába utca felújítása és elindulhat a városrész belsejében is a buszközlekedés –hangzott el a sajtótájékoztatón. Az út-, járda- és csapadékvíz-csatorna építési költségei elérik a 130 millió forintot. A Virág utca egy része is új burkolatot kap, a Farkasvermi úton épül meg az Egyesített Szociális Intézmények új konyhája, felújítják az iskola tetőszerkezetét és az orvosi rendelőben kicserélik az ablakokat.

Az Új Csóri úton a körforgalom átalakításáról és az elkerülő út továbbépítéséről is volt szó a sajtótájékoztatón. A csomópont bővítését egy a körforgalom mellett letelepülni vágyó beruházó finanszírozná, az elkerülő továbbépítéséről pedig megállapodása van a városnak a Gazdasági és Közlekedési Minisztériummal.
A sajtótájékoztatón felhívták a Feketehegy-Szárazrét lakóinak figyelmét, hogy csütörtökön délután fél ötkor lakossági fórumot tartanak a Farkasvermi úton található tagiskolában.

Tags
projects

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: