daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > United States Urban Issues > Southeast > Development News

Old September 6th, 2014, 03:21 AM   #3181
wreynol4

Likes (Received): 6

Mark welcome to the site, compared to many similar size cities I think Nashville has one of the more vibrant boards on development around town.
wreynol4 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old September 6th, 2014, 04:17 PM   #3182
UrbanFarmer

Likes (Received): 1

FYI... The real estate developer Larry Glazer, who perished with his wife in the single plane crash near Jamaica, is the Chief Executive of Buckingham. Condolences to their family and friends.
UrbanFarmer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2014, 06:01 PM   #3183
wreynol4

Sad to hear about the developer of the Buckingham... In other news looks like Skyhouse Nashville could get some traction here, as long as their zoning requests goes through.
Old September 10th, 2014, 10:01 PM   #3184
ariesjow

Likes (Received): 23

The rendering for M Residences, the Lennar project at 19th and Chet Atkins, has been revealed by the Nashville Post. Looks like it's gained a couple of floors and is now 19 stories.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/news/2...ixed_use_tower

Last edited by ariesjow; September 10th, 2014 at 10:15 PM.
ariesjow no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2014, 02:49 AM   #3185
Ron-n-TN

Likes (Received): 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by markhollin View Post
Has anyone heard any further news on the potential Cambria Hotel development at 8th and McGavock (on the site of American Tire Company at 118 8th Avenue South)? This would be the block just north of where the proposed Marriott was going to be located at the corner of 8th and Demonbreun. An article a few weeks ago in The Tennessean gave some initial ideas:

http://www.tennessean.com/story/mone...ille/14026641/

It appears this could be an 8-10 story building, based on the chain's similar enterprises in other metro areas:

http://www.cambriasuites.com/hotel-w...X.Rnc0UgEAP.16

I spoke to the guys in the store, and they said both times I spoke to them that they just renewed their lease for three years.

I gave the information to William at the Post and he has not been able to contact the owner of the property and the district manager for Goodyear in the Boro, pretty much had no comment.

Cambria just finished their first urban hotel in DC from what I understand and is not a bad looking building according to someone who has seen the building. I have not.
Ron-n-TN no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2014, 02:55 AM   #3186
Ron-n-TN

The M Residence will have some first floor retail too. Lennar is going to make some improvements to 19th ave as well.

There are also several other projects laying under the radar within a couple of blocks.

I forgot to see if the announcement for Cadence was posted on here. This will be on the corner of 16th and McGavock and will start by months end.

The Residential Group out of Atlanta closed on some property in Metro center week before last and work is already well under way.

ariesjow liked this post
Old September 11th, 2014, 04:14 AM   #3187
wreynol4

What kind of time table are we looking at for the Westin breaking ground? I thought it was supposed to be this summer but we are nearly into fall within a month or so....
Old September 11th, 2014, 04:34 AM   #3188
Ron-n-TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by wreynol4 View Post
What kind of time table are we looking at for the Westin breaking ground? I thought it was supposed to be this summer but we are nearly into fall within a month or so....
I keep hearing October. I did happen to see some folks on site week before last. Ido not recall if the final plan has been submitted to thePlanning Dept. I do know Metro is in the process of utility abandonment. I am not sure the last business has left yet. I need to check on that. This is the company that sits over on the back side of the project. I think they are in the process of renovating a building on 6th Ave. S. The Lankford Hardware building.

On that note DWC construction that is in the foot print of the Crescent Bluebird will be moving into the downstairs portion of that building as well.
Old September 11th, 2014, 06:07 AM   #3189
ariesjow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron-n-TN View Post
The M Residence will have some first floor retail too. Lennar is going to make some improvements to 19th ave as well.

There are also several other projects laying under the radar within a couple of blocks.

I forgot to see if the announcement for Cadence was posted on here. This will be on the corner of 16th and McGavock and will start by months end.

The Residential Group out of Atlanta closed on some property in Metro center week before last and work is already well under way.
Do you think we'll hear announcements for the "under the radar" projects near the Lennar proposal soon?

I don't recall the most recent announcement for Cadence being posted here. Here's the NBJ article with rendering.

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville...t-complex.html

Old September 11th, 2014, 03:00 PM   #3190
wreynol4

Sounds good about the Westin, my only surprise was that it will not be slightly taller.
Old September 11th, 2014, 03:31 PM   #3191
markhollin

Likes (Received): 0

Update on Gulch Pedestrian Bridge financing

Looks like Mayor Dean is not giving up on the Gulch Pedestrian Bridge idea. Town Hall meeting in the Gulch yesterday to unveil new tax financing proposal to fund the project:

http://www.tennessean.com/story/news...urns/15336957/
markhollin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2014, 03:36 PM   #3192
Ron-n-TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesjow View Post
Do you think we'll hear announcements for the "under the radar" projects near the Lennar proposal soon?

I don't recall the most recent announcement for Cadence being posted here. Here's the NBJ article with rendering.

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville...t-complex.html

Deals have to be worked out. So if the deals do not get worked out, the project may not happen, but there could be other alternatives. We just have to wait and see.

Crescent Bluebird should start by the end of the year..

As far as the Gulch bridge goes, I think this is a case of smoke and mirrors on the part of the Dean administration. It is going to be very hard if not impossible to get 30 votes on the council for the project.
Old September 12th, 2014, 06:12 PM   #3193
wreynol4

https://www.nashvillepost.com/blogs/...dtown_projects Rezoning approved for Skyhouse Nashville. This is huge, I wonder if there is any kind of time table set for starting this project?
Old September 12th, 2014, 09:13 PM   #3194
Ron-n-TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by wreynol4 View Post
https://www.nashvillepost.com/blogs/...dtown_projects Rezoning approved for Skyhouse Nashville. This is huge, I wonder if there is any kind of time table set for starting this project?
I spoke to some tenants in the foot print of the project and they said they had a year.

I am sure that could change, but I would bet there are lease issues for this project and the 19 story Lennar project @ 19th and Chet Atkins. That is not supposed to start till next fall.
Old September 13th, 2014, 02:27 AM   #3195
ariesjow

Alex Palmer has decided to put the West End Summit site up for sale.

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville...mmit-site.html
Old September 13th, 2014, 03:11 PM   #3196
wreynol4

Of all of the big projects around town, which is projected to break ground the soonest? And any idea when we could get some renderings on the Turnberry site for downtown?

Tags
development, nashville, tennessee