SkyscraperCity Forum banner

South Lake Union/Dexterville Development News and Photos

2M views 9K replies 182 participants last post by  BoulderGrad 
#1 ·
There's just too much going on for this not to be a thread and it is long overdue for one to be created. So dump here all news of development of commercial, residential, science and research, as well as roads and parks.

#1,202 ·
Eastlake works because we've done it so long, and the Cascade portion of Eastlake isn't the center of anything.

Westlake could be the same in 20 years, but there's the small issue of the Westlake Station and Westlake Center area, as well as a longer and more known street south of the lake.

Maybe Upper Westlake? Westlake-on-the-Lake? WeFreToCer? Upper Dexter?
How bout the Dexter Neighborhood?

#1,203 ·
I've been thinking of it as "Westlake," but it's true that can be confusing with the other Westlake. Even though the street has its name because its on the west side of Lake Union...

I suppose you could just be more specific and call it "West Lake Union." I also like Dexter.

#1,210 · (Edited)
#1,213 ·
Sharing a gramps memory. When I worked in accounting (ugh) I had to reconcile the Troy Laundry bill with the invoices and our counts. 4 trillion sheets out, 3 trillion back, etc. Not surprisingly, the paperwork was ratty by the time I got it: wet, torn, stapled, taped, carts ran over, coffee spilled on, you name it, and that put a permanent image of Troy in my head. Nice to see part of the old building will be with us forever.

#1,216 · (Edited)