daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > OZScrapers > Skyscrapers & local issues > Projects, Construction, Skyscrapers & Statistics > Queensland > Regional Queensland

Regional Queensland Sunshine Coast, Cairns, Townsville, Mackay

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 20th, 2008, 12:49 PM   #1
Burden

#Completed: Vision - 6st/res (Cairns)

Vision, Cairns
Description:
Quote:
Live luxuriously on the Cairns Esplanade. The dress circle site for Vision, located slightly away from the hustle and bustle of the Cairns Esplanade, demanded a visionary approach from its designers. The linear shape of the site, its 2 street frontage and Esplanade orientation have provided the designers with the opportunity to build the most eye catching apartments. Vision explores new parameters for luxurious CBD living.

It is quite simply an architectural work of art. The building gracefully meanders from its Esplanade frontage to its Abbott Street entrance with generous 2 and 3 bedroom apartments.

Vision provides the contemporary relaxed surroundings of modern city lifestyle. Step directly outside onto the award winning Esplanade and experience the stimulating living experience found only within Cairns. Take a dip in the stunning Lagoon pool, stroll to the Marina or dine at the selection of alfresco restaurants, cafés and bars. Take in an exhibition, a film or comb the many stores in Cairns for a truly ultimate shopping experience.

Render:

^Very long but not so tall.

Construction Update:

^Curtosy from my mate in Townsville's sister city Cairns.

Townsville is a picture of exactly the kind of diverse, dynamic regional economy that will power Australia's passage through the years ahead.
Treasurer Wayne Swan
Burden no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old March 20th, 2008, 12:55 PM   #2
Burden

Looks as if they have changed the design on this one look at the picture compared to the render everything is straight and pokes out the one getting built is curvey and has round pillars also Townsvilleians its the T1 crane apparently .

Townsville is a picture of exactly the kind of diverse, dynamic regional economy that will power Australia's passage through the years ahead.
Treasurer Wayne Swan
Old March 20th, 2008, 04:06 PM   #3
Gertzy
Lacking an Akubra!

Likes (Received): 1

Um, i think that it still looks very much the same as the render in terms of shape, its only just the different angles that both the render and picture are set gives it that feel. I can't see any straight line in that render other than those going vertical, the balconies are curved.

In regards to the crane, this one has been up since January 2007, i have the pictures to prove this as well, and the fact that it is orange too (But of course they could always give it a paint between now and then) seems to suggest that it is not. So unfortunetely, this isn't the T1 crane.
Old March 21st, 2008, 12:12 AM   #4
Burden

Ok ok I was just posting what I got told.

Treasurer Wayne Swan
Old March 21st, 2008, 01:16 AM   #5
Jesse24

Likes (Received): 190

Yes we had in the paper that your T1 crane got taken back up here and I heard that it might of been this one. Obviously not the case.
Old March 21st, 2008, 02:37 AM   #6
Jesse24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriolus View Post
To mark the start of construction on T1, I've started a thread in the main forum - T1 - Townsville's boom begins!. Although that might be a bit optimistic, more like Townsville's boom ends

I posted this in the crane thread, I'll chuck it in here as well.
That was the T1 crane. Now it's not the vision crane or the Citi Central crane. Could it the Centrepoint crane with a paint job? Either that or it's not in Cairns anymore or is hiding for the 16 level residential tower next to Citi Central?

Anyway here is the Centrepoint crane:
Old March 21st, 2008, 04:30 AM   #7
Burden

It just might be in storage who knows it may not be in use for a while yet. Or it could come back to Townsville for T2?

Treasurer Wayne Swan
Old March 21st, 2008, 04:41 AM   #8
Jesse24

I just noticed that the saint is in that picture of the crane
Also i was reading through the old posts of the Townsville projects thread and it says that T2 was scrapped. Obviously this isn't the case. With the Centrepoint crane I don't see why Hedley would want to paint it the black paint looks new anyway.
Old March 21st, 2008, 04:54 AM   #9
Burden

T2 isnt scrapped its just on Hold, The predictions are for the Tower to start construction end of this year early next.

Treasurer Wayne Swan
Old March 21st, 2008, 08:40 AM   #10
Gertzy
Lacking an Akubra!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse24 View Post
That was the T1 crane. Now it's not the vision crane or the Citi Central crane. Could it the Centrepoint crane with a paint job? Either that or it's not in Cairns anymore or is hiding for the 16 level residential tower next to Citi Central?

Anyway here is the Centrepoint crane:
The Centrepoint crane has been in Cairns for the last few years, no paint job or nothing. It was used on Piermonde, then on Axis, and now Centrepoint.

As Sean stated, T1 Walker is going through a rough patch, first hailed as one of the biggest projects in Townsville's history, then touted as Townsville's next tallest building, now its more like, Townsville's Most delayed building.
Old March 21st, 2008, 11:16 AM   #11
Jesse24

ahh ok thanks for clearing things up gertzy
Old March 21st, 2008, 12:52 PM   #12
Gertzy
Lacking an Akubra!

No problem Jesse, but hey, the piermonde and Axis threads are in the archive, i think you'll be interested to see the Centrepoint crane in so many threads
Old March 21st, 2008, 01:00 PM   #13
Jesse24

ok i'll have a look. Be we will see this crane again next to city central at the end of the year. I'll have to go into the Hedley Property sales to get some info on upcoming projects. Any questions u want asked?
Old March 21st, 2008, 01:07 PM   #14
Jesse24

Yeah i see it and the City Quays crane is the Citi Central crane...where ever that is now.
Old March 24th, 2008, 11:23 AM   #15
Jesse24

Few more Vision renders:

Old April 3rd, 2008, 12:57 PM   #16
Jesse24

Back of Vision taken today
Old April 3rd, 2008, 02:04 PM   #17
Gertzy
Lacking an Akubra!

Awesome, haven't really seen anything from the Abbott street side of Vision. Though, my only criticism is that this one should be a few metres taller than Rydges next door.
Old April 4th, 2008, 01:13 PM   #18
Jesse24

No it won't be it's only got another level to go and the tradewinds is fairly tall. It just looks that way from the angle I got but it would be about only a level lower than the holiday inn next door. Ill get another shot sometime
Old April 4th, 2008, 03:16 PM   #19
Gertzy
Lacking an Akubra!

Though fits in well on that block doesnt it.
Old April 5th, 2008, 08:00 AM   #20
Jesse24

yeah it's good suited for that area, it's going to look great with all that blue glass.