#1 ·
Port of Sapin at night​

Port of Spain enjoys cool breezy nights especially during the wet season

Port of Spain fountain

Night time view from a POS Suburb 2007

Enjoy :cheers:

See less See more
#35 ·
Ya their developping by leaps and bounds while crime is rampant corruption is at every corner. trinidad needs to wake uo and realize devolping a nation is not found within tall structures or what is carved in stone monuments, but rather what is found in the people. Building ALWAYS starts with the foundation, not vice versa!

Sorry had to say it

sTILL LOVE TT tho

#36 ·
The government gets a lot of the blame for the situation in Trinidad, and while this is definately and easily justifiable, the people need to realise that the government is not responsible for their actions. The trini concept of 'd goverment' wiping everyones *** is tired and needs to go. Just wanted to put my 2 cents in. Anyway, I would love to see a few night shots with the Academy open :)

#37 ·
I mean can anyone tell me how crim is holding up in Downtown POS. to be specific
Woodford sqaure and area
Savanah and area
Waterfront/independence square area

Especially at night?? how are crim levels are people out in these areas at night or is it abandoned out of fear for crime?

Just really interested in the actual street life at night

#38 ·
I was home between April and August this year and these areas are usually quite busy at night. The crime will obviously deter some people but to no drastic effect (as of yet). People really seem to enjoy the waterfront and a busy waterfront park is a common sight into the evening (weekends even more so). Woodfors square busy as ever (got lots of jerk chicken n what not down there). People lime and run around the savannah like always, and big night clubs like zen , 51 and katalyst are all in the area (meaning that the young and young-at-heart are all about). Cipriani blvd (home of 51 etc.) and Keate St (home of zen) are almost always busy well into the wee hours. Tragarete Rd and Ariapita Ave are also constantly bustling. The crime situation in Trinidad is bad, but it does get blown way out of proportion sometimes. Trinidad is not some collapsing state, as many in the older generation (who can't be gone soon enough) claim, but a young nation in a turbulent adolescence. After adolescence comes maturity (if my generation has anything to say about it). (I'm not implying that these are your views in any way, just wanted to share my thoughts.)

#40 ·
I think red house was done, qrc was finishing up and I can only recall Stollmeyers getting under way (dont think I saw much of the others). I definitely agree with the 'skyline' comments. I mean, I wouldnt be on here if I didn't like to see all the new buildings etc., but the money priorities for the govt are certainly out of whack. Put some billions into a strong healthcare system etc. and it will go a long way if handled properly (<- whole other story :D). As a side, the side note, the difference in public transport between now and just a few years ago is staggering. Big, proper buses abound, and the tobago boat and water taxis are VERY highly utilised. Their serious about the roads too (the new interchange is like a slingshot into chaguanas haha). One step at a time I guess.

#41 ·
IS The red house really finished??? THEY SHOULD really take the temp roof off and light it up again then! i think everything u said was WELL said.

How is downtown chaguanas goin? sando? arima? anything gettin built down there? itd be nice to see some improvements hit those areas

#42 ·
I'm not too sure then, because it might be harder to see from stree level. The building and surroundings all looked fresh and completely refurbished though. Chaguanas actually reminds me of a smaller markham or similar town. Lots of capital, new buildings, wider roads etc., and a young (first) female mayor are giving chaguanas a lot of energy right now. Not too familiar with arima, or south for that matter (from Diego Martin haha).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.