search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > United States > Southeast

Southeast TX, OK, LA, MS, AL, GA, NC, SC, VA, TN, KY
» Development News | Atlanta | Florida | Miami | Nashville | Orlando | Tampa Bay | Texas

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 24th, 2015, 08:19 PM   #101
Tampa on the move.

Likes (Received): 88

One more thing I live in this suffocating city and thank the Lord I'm moving back to Tampa
in 2016. I'm not racial at all but Charlotte is being taken over by Blacks. 60% would be a good estimate .

Another thing Charlotte call me when you win a DAMN championship of any caliber. Smh
Tampa on the move. no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 24th, 2015, 08:20 PM   #102
IberiaCLT

Likes (Received): 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by ah59396 View Post
We do. It's on urban planet...

With over 130,000 posts and 230+ members. We do alright. Lol.
And the discussions are better. It's tiring hearing people from Tulsa or Norfolk (depends on the season. I guess now it's Tampa) go on threads not knowing anything about other cities but feeling like they know everything.
IberiaCLT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2015, 08:21 PM   #103
Tampa on the move.

It's in its own breathe. Don't act like charlotte is all that. Pahleasssse.

you can't hang with Florida. And you can't hang with Miami- Orlando - or Tampa.
Old December 24th, 2015, 08:27 PM   #104
Dale

Likes (Received): 5444

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa on the move. View Post

I'm a native Floridian. Spent a lot of time in Tampa. Lived in Orlando ten years. Both cities have much to commend them. But they aren't in Charlotte's league. Unless you consider that Orlando and Tampa have more buildings that look like tiki huts.
Dale no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2015, 08:41 PM   #105
lancetop

Likes (Received): 169

Quote:

Charlotte is my hometown, and for 16 years I lived in Jacksonville (1979-1995)....I've been to Tampa several times, and I used to vacation in Orlando. So perhaps I'm a pretty good judge on this topic

For the life of me, I just don't understand what Tampa's appeal is (?) Except for Ybor City, I found Tampa to be even more boring than Jacksonville. Downtown Tampa is about where Downtown Jacksonville was in the 1980s.

But yet Tampa is growing like mad.....it was absolutely enormous even when I visited years ago. The appeal must be something I don't see. Maybe the city's notorious stripper bars and nude clubs are drawing people in (?)

Needless to say, Charlotte is my pride and joy. Charlotte will edge out the Tampa/St. Pete area eventually....with population, number of jobs etc
lancetop no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2015, 08:48 PM   #106
Dale

At last check Charlotte was growing faster than Tampa. Must be all the blacks moving in.
Old December 25th, 2015, 06:09 AM   #107
GunnerJacket
Oh look - a doughnut!

Likes (Received): 2988

Quote:
One more thing I live in this suffocating city and thank the Lord I'm moving back to Tampa
in 2016. I'm not racial at all but Charlotte is being taken over by Blacks. 60% would be a good estimate .
Hopefully this is simply drunk posting or something so I won't report it, but you'd be advised to stop the racist overtones when comparing peni, er, cities. Thanks.

nashvols liked this post
GunnerJacket no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2015, 10:58 AM   #108
Tampa on the move.

I apologize if I offended anyone. I just love ,my city as much as the next one. Tampa really is about to explode.. so I'm happy. .
Old December 25th, 2015, 05:22 PM   #109
Dale

And for my part, I do wish the best for Tampa.
Old December 25th, 2015, 05:28 PM   #110
Durhamite

Likes (Received): 70

Quote:
I apologize if I offended anyone. I just love ,my city as much as the next one. Tampa really is about to explode.. so I'm happy. .
Calm down. Lol, though. Charlotte, the city full of pretentious Nascar-loving Black people? Now, that would be one helluva sight.

Btw, I enjoy both Tampa and Orlando, no need to belittle another place to make a point.
Durhamite no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2015, 08:34 PM   #111
ah59396

Likes (Received): 159

Quote:

Another thing Charlotte call me when you win a DAMN championship of any caliber. Smh
This thread took a really weird turn...
ah59396 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2015, 12:27 AM   #112
WeimieLvr
Love me, love my dog...

Likes (Received): 412

"I'm not racial at all..." wtf does that mean? The city of Charlotte is only 35% black, and the metro area is far lower than that. Stop making up your own statistics. It's fine if you don't like a particular city, but there is no need to make up ridiculous reasons for it...post something real and there can be a discussion about it.

I'm not sure what championships have to do with the quality of a city, but I'm sure you can't be bragging about the TWO championships that Tampa teams have won. That is nothing to brag about, and for the most part the Tampa teams have been dismal other than the two measly championship seasons - which is only slightly better than zero. Tampa is a fine city and has many assets, but pro sports success isn't one of them. A sample of Tampa professional sports:

"The Tampa Bay Buccaneers began in 1976 as an expansion team of the NFL. They struggled at first, losing their first 26 games in a row to set a league record for futility. After a brief taste of success in the late 1970s, the Bucs again returned to their losing ways, and at one point lost 10+ games for 12 seasons in a row. The hiring of Tony Dungy in 1996 started an improving trend that eventually led to the team's victory in Super Bowl XXXVII in 2003 under coach Jon Gruden."

"After a decade of futility, the Rays won the 2008 American League Championship Series and made it to the World Series. As of 2015, this is still the teams only appearance in the World Series."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tampa,_Florida#Sports

Pretty pitiful to be boasting about. You may have noticed the Carolina Panthers this season (14-0 currently), so you might need to rethink your reasoning very soon.
WeimieLvr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2015, 02:25 AM   #113
Tampa on the move.

Tampa does have 1 Superbowl championship correct. But we easily could of went in 1979 as well
as 1999. ( we also had a stretch of 7 playoffs in 11 years).
Tampa Bay Rays just need to build a stadium on the Tampa side . But you mentioned the 2008 World Series and since then 4 more playoff appearances.

Tampa Bay Lightning NHL Stanley Cup Champs. Barely missing another last year against Chicago. Mutiple playoff at least 10 times in 20 years. and great attendance. BTW the owner is building 7-8 buildings around the Arena.

But it's all good to each his own. To me Tampa has what I love better. Atlanta and Charlotte can keep doing great things. But Again I'll Take Any Of The Big 3 Florida cities over Atlanta and Charlotte anyday and everyday of the year.

BTW when the Bucs entered the league in 1976 it wasn't near the same as getting good players right away like it was for Jax and Charlotte 20 years later.

Last edited by Tampa on the move.; December 27th, 2015 at 03:02 AM.
Old December 27th, 2015, 05:08 AM   #114
Bobdreamz

Likes (Received): 2772

Good grief! what does a sports team have to do with the subject at hand in as :

"Which Sunbelt City To Make Biggest Transformation?
Old December 27th, 2015, 09:13 PM   #115
WeimieLvr
Love me, love my dog...

Quote:
Tampa does have 1 Superbowl championship correct. But we easily could of went in 1979 as well
as 1999. ( we also had a stretch of 7 playoffs in 11 years).
Tampa Bay Rays just need to build a stadium on the Tampa side . But you mentioned the 2008 World Series and since then 4 more playoff appearances.

Tampa Bay Lightning NHL Stanley Cup Champs. Barely missing another last year against Chicago. Mutiple playoff at least 10 times in 20 years. and great attendance. BTW the owner is building 7-8 buildings around the Arena.

But it's all good to each his own. To me Tampa has what I love better. Atlanta and Charlotte can keep doing great things. But Again I'll Take Any Of The Big 3 Florida cities over Atlanta and Charlotte anyday and everyday of the year.

BTW when the Bucs entered the league in 1976 it wasn't near the same as getting good players right away like it was for Jax and Charlotte 20 years later.
Ok...who cares? Nobody here respects anything you have to say at this point - it's bunch of childish nonsense. You could have just made the more mature statement of "Tampa has what I love better" than making all of the immature comments disparaging other cities.

Another newsflash..."barely" doesn't count for anything. You apparently don't know much about sports. And if we're counting "playoff appearances" then Tampa sports is WAY behind the other southern cities. You're the one that wanted to measure by championships and Tampa doesn't hold up well there either...and besides they aren't any way to measure a great city.

Last edited by WeimieLvr; December 27th, 2015 at 10:40 PM.
Old December 28th, 2015, 03:46 AM   #116
Tampa on the move.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeimieLvr View Post
Ok...who cares? Nobody here respects anything you have to say at this point - it's bunch of childish nonsense. You could have just made the more mature statement of "Tampa has what I love better" than making all of the immature comments disparaging other cities.

Another newsflash..."barely" doesn't count for anything. You apparently don't know much about sports. And if we're counting "playoff appearances" then Tampa sports is WAY behind the other southern cities. You're the one that wanted to measure by championships and Tampa doesn't hold up well there either...and besides they aren't any way to measure a great city.
Okay dude your a trip. Just quit responding to my posts then. And Tampa is not way behind you DAMN freak.

South American top US destinations.
Miami
Los Angeles
Tampa
Orlando
New York
Chicago
Boston
Washington DC

San Francisco
Philadelphia
Dallas
Houston
Seattle.

Congrats on Falcons winning.

Last edited by Tampa on the move.; December 28th, 2015 at 04:38 AM.
Old December 28th, 2015, 05:06 AM   #117
IberiaCLT

Likes (Received): 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Good grief! what does a sports team have to do with the subject at hand in as :

"Which Sunbelt City To Make Biggest Transformation?

What happened? Your silly fellow Floridian. Though to be fair, it's probably just a 12 year old or something.

Seriously thinking Tampa is a league above Atlanta? Whatever helps people sleep at night. Luckily school starts soon
IberiaCLT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2015, 08:18 AM   #118
Labtec
Czarcastic

Likes (Received): 151

Quote:
Okay dude your a trip. Just quit responding to my posts then. And Tampa is not way behind you DAMN freak.

Miami
Los Angeles
Tampa
Orlando
New York
Chicago
Boston
Washington DC

San Francisco
Philadelphia
Dallas
Houston
Seattle.

It's you're not your... (whenever you can use you are you use you're) I see so many people getting this wrong on the internet jeebus.
Labtec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2015, 11:19 PM   #119
CLTNC

Likes (Received): 385

Quote:

Here is the US Census on Charlotte, I think you will be surprise.
http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/37/3712000.html
CLTNC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2015, 04:24 AM   #120
WeimieLvr
Love me, love my dog...

Quote:

Miami
Los Angeles
Tampa
Orlando
New York
Chicago
Boston
Washington DC

San Francisco
Philadelphia
Dallas
Houston
Seattle.

Personal attacks (i.e. name calling) are not allowed here and I reported it to the moderators. If you'll notice I did not attack you that way...I just questioned your ridiculous/abrasive comments. There is no need to resort to immature name calling, but I'm not surprised. It's what people resort to when they don't have enough resources at hand.

Please read closely...way behind in PLAYOFF APPEARANCES - that's what you were bragging about earlier but now you've changed to "destinations". Let's do some comparing:

Atlanta teams: Braves - 33; Falcons - 12; Hawks - 44; Flames/Thrashers - 7. Add to the 96 playoff appearances 4 championships and dozens of division championships.
Tampa teams: Bucs - 10; Lightning - 3; Rays - 4 for a grand total of 17 playoff appearances and 2championships.
Charlotte teams: Panthers - 7; Hornets/Bobcats - 9 for a grand total of 16 playoff appearances.

Getting the picture yet? Tampa is not better than any other city for sports.

Last edited by WeimieLvr; December 31st, 2015 at 11:18 PM.