search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > United States > Southeast

Southeast TX, OK, LA, MS, AL, GA, NC, SC, VA, TN, KY
» Development News | Atlanta | Florida | Miami | Nashville | Orlando | Tampa Bay | Texas

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 29th, 2008, 05:51 PM   #1
papa_spaz

Likes (Received): 2

NFL football in the Southeast

Football is king in the South. Since we already have a thread talking about college football for the southeastern forum (Southeastern Conference) I thought we should have a NFL thread to talk about the southeastern teams especially the NFC South Divison.

NFC South Divison:

Carolina Panthers
Tampa Bay Buccs
New Orleans Saints
Atlanta Falcons

Other Teams in the South:

Tennessee Titans
Miami Dolphins
Jacksonville Jags
Houston Texans
Dallas Cowboys

In the NFC south I like the Saints, once they get healthy again, to win the divison. They have already beaten the Buccs once this year but have not played Carolina yet. But injuries to Jeremy Shockey, Marques Colston (best wide receiver on the team), Arron Stecker, and Decue has slowed this explosive offense down. Injuries to Scott Fujita hurts an already suspect defense.

For the other teams in the south the Dallas Cowboys have looked like the best team in the NFC and maybe the NFL so far.
papa_spaz no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 29th, 2008, 07:14 PM   #2
g-man430

Likes (Received): 144

Go Panthers. That is all.
Old September 29th, 2008, 09:14 PM   #3
Aceventura

Likes (Received): 2046

WHO DAT!?

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
Aceventura no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2008, 09:50 PM   #4
rickydavisfan21
McSAME and FAILIN

Likes (Received): 538

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa_spaz View Post
For the other teams in the south the Dallas Cowboys have looked like the best team in the NFC and maybe the NFL so far.
Couldn't agree less, they were handled by the Redskins. Yes the score was close, but they were just completely outplayed. Definately not the best in the NFL either, that belongs to the Giants.
rickydavisfan21 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2008, 10:49 PM   #5
TU 'cane
Registered User.

Likes (Received): 111

The Cowboys didn't show up to play. Romo was off the first half, T.O. wasn't catching squat and we gave Marion 8 rushes. Not going to work out. But that's over with, the first loss is always the hardest and now we know that they're beatable, we have to go out next week and reclaim the throne and take out Cinci.

Principle 27: The burden of debt is as destructive to freedom as subjugation by conquest.
-28 Principles of Freedom

"Political correctness does not legislate tolerance; it only organizes hatred."
-Jacques Barzun
TU 'cane no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2008, 10:54 PM   #6
QueenCityDrag
Here come the warm jets

Likes (Received): 6

well we got moose and smitty back, plus two kick ass running backs. defense looks strong and o-line is giving a rejuvenated jake good protection. must say i'm feeling pretty optimistic about carolina.
Old September 30th, 2008, 12:22 AM   #7
rickydavisfan21
McSAME and FAILIN

Likes (Received): 538

Quote:
Originally Posted by TU 'cane View Post
we have to go out next week and reclaim the throne and take out Cinci.
LOL, beating Cinci (0-4) will hardly be reclaiming the throne. They are terrible w/o Carson Palmer.
And with TO sitting there with his Sunglasses on in that post-game press-conference, calling himself the center of the offense is why I don't think y'all will win the super bowl. If your star player is going to be that outright complacent it will be nothing but a cancer to a team that is MUCH MORE THAN T.O.. Marion and Tony Homo are just as important if not more important than T.O.. If he ever figured that out, the team could easily be better because of it.

Last edited by rickydavisfan21; September 30th, 2008 at 12:29 AM.
rickydavisfan21 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2008, 02:20 AM   #8
TU 'cane
Registered User.

Likes (Received): 111

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickydavisfan21 View Post
LOL, beating Cinci (0-4) will hardly be reclaiming the throne. They are terrible w/o Carson Palmer.
And with TO sitting there with his Sunglasses on in that post-game press-conference, calling himself the center of the offense is why I don't think y'all will win the super bowl. If your star player is going to be that outright complacent it will be nothing but a cancer to a team that is MUCH MORE THAN T.O.. Marion and Tony Homo are just as important if not more important than T.O.. If he ever figured that out, the team could easily be better because of it.
Reclaiming the throne of the NFC East numb nuts. We need to keep our record up to stay ahead in our division, reclaiming the throne, the number 1 spot in our division. And no we won't win games with TO acting that way. It's a team, yea we can get a lot done with TO but we need Crayton, Witten, Barber, Jones, and Romo all working together.

Principle 27: The burden of debt is as destructive to freedom as subjugation by conquest.
-28 Principles of Freedom

"Political correctness does not legislate tolerance; it only organizes hatred."
-Jacques Barzun
TU 'cane no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2008, 03:13 AM   #9
papa_spaz

Any Titans fans here? What is up with them? The team is undefeated but Vince Young is thinking about suicide. That is crazy. I heard Vince Young is going to be cut in the near future. He doesn't have what it takes to be a qb on the NFL level or so I've heard. Didn't he score a 6 on the wonderlic test??
Old September 30th, 2008, 03:23 AM   #10
TexasBoi
Texas-NoVA

Likes (Received): 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by TU 'cane View Post
Reclaiming the throne of the NFC East numb nuts. We need to keep our record up to stay ahead in our division, reclaiming the throne, the number 1 spot in our division. And no we won't win games with TO acting that way. It's a team, yea we can get a lot done with TO but we need Crayton, Witten, Barber, Jones, and Romo all working together.
It was just a bad game all throughout. From the coaches to the players. We were not prepared and it showed. We were outcoached, outhustled, and outplayed. The coaching was terrible yesterday. We passed the ball to many times. WHY? I don't understand it. I said RUN THE BALL. Run it down their freakin throat. WHY did we operate from the shotgun so many times? The gameplan was terrible. Garrett is being questioned in Dallas for it and everybody is calling it a strange game.

We did not establish the run at all because we didn't want to. We wanted to make TO happy. They have to understand that trying to make TO happy will do nothing but frustrate him even more because teams will key on him for every game. Our strength is our passing game but we win games with our run game.

Defense is another. I'm tired of Brian Stewart. I want him gone. I don't like those little 7-10 yard soft cushions and lack of adjustments. Double Santana you jackass of a coordinator. Make the other receivers beat you idiot. I don't understand why we man Santana at all. Rediculous.

I expect Dallas to bounce back. But I want to see heart and improvement and going back to what won our first three games. Running the ball...RUNNING THE BALL. Which will sat us the pass. passing on every down is unacceptable when you're only down 3 with over a freaking quarter to go.
TexasBoi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2008, 07:09 AM   #11
Sean in New Orleans

Likes (Received): 43

Saints are 2-2..........aaaaaah, I'll take it, considering our injuries. Brees is nearly perfect. We need to get the big win next Monday vs. Minnesota. I'm prepared to put my heart into the Saints, but, the Hornets preseason starts this coming Sunday, so if I'm terribly let down, I'll begin to throw my real hard emotions towards the NBA, which usually doesn't happen until around the New Year, although, I do get into the NBA once it starts. GO SAINTS!! GO HORNETS!!
Old September 30th, 2008, 07:29 AM   #12
SRG

Likes (Received): 24

College football!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old October 1st, 2008, 06:12 AM   #13
kickazzz2000

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRG View Post
College football!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
there is already a thread for SEC and Big 12 football, i suggest you take your discussion of college football there.
kickazzz2000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2008, 01:46 AM   #14
skysdalimit
Uptown Bound

Likes (Received): 132

Yeah Panthers!! Go Panthers, yeah, woohoo!

I think we have a decent chance against the Chiefs this weekend, what do you think chaps?
skysdalimit no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2008, 04:14 AM   #15
Sean in New Orleans

Likes (Received): 43

GEAUX SAINTS!

Old October 2nd, 2008, 06:21 AM   #16
papa_spaz

Great pic.

Chiefs are pathetic this year. Panthers should win the game.
Old October 4th, 2008, 04:56 AM   #17
3Ironhead3

Likes (Received): 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa_spaz View Post
Great pic.

Chiefs are pathetic this year. Panthers should win the game.
The Panthers always seem to lose games like these early in the year.And then it comes back to bite em in the butt in December when there are 6-8 teams jockeying for 2-4 playoff spots.I hope I'm wrong this time I love the Panthers!Especially the cheerleaders!
3Ironhead3 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2008, 04:59 AM   #18
Infoman
/BMOREBOY

Likes (Received): 312

COWBOY'S ALL DAY EVERYDAY, F**K ANY AND EVERY TEAM BESIDE'S THEM.
Old October 4th, 2008, 09:03 PM   #19
Nic

Likes (Received): 36

Infoman, you sonofabitch!!!

You think it's funny to play with people's hearts???

You said you were leaving, and now I see you still posting...

NEVER TALK TO ME AGAIN!!!

Nic no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2008, 09:27 PM   #20
TampaMike
Oh Hey!

Likes (Received): 941

Go Bucs Baby!!!

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
TampaMike no está en línea   Reply With Quote