search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > United States > Southeast

Southeast TX, OK, LA, MS, AL, GA, NC, SC, VA, TN, KY
» Development News | Atlanta | Florida | Miami | Nashville | Orlando | Tampa Bay | Texas

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 14th, 2008, 12:54 AM   #61
TU 'cane
Registered User.

Likes (Received): 111

Romo is out for 4 weeks. Doesn't look good. We've lost two games now that we shoudn't have. If we were 6-0 right now I wouldn't mind. We'll see how Brad Johnson does. Defense has to step up.

Principle 27: The burden of debt is as destructive to freedom as subjugation by conquest.
-28 Principles of Freedom

"Political correctness does not legislate tolerance; it only organizes hatred."
-Jacques Barzun
TU 'cane no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 14th, 2008, 01:09 AM   #62
TexasBoi
Texas-NoVA

Likes (Received): 33

Nothing will change until the soft ass snuggle bear is off the sidelines.
TexasBoi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2008, 07:32 AM   #63
skysdalimit
Uptown Bound

Likes (Received): 132

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAWDA-FELLA View Post
Yes siiirrr, how bout dem Buccaneers baby!!!
Curse you sir, curse you!!!!
skysdalimit no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2008, 05:57 PM   #64
Labtec
Czarcastic

Likes (Received): 152

Falcons future looks bright with Matt Ryan.
Labtec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2008, 04:05 AM   #65
papa_spaz

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonized View Post
We had like 7 starters injured. As we get those players back, well... we'll just see what happens.

I agree. When Shockey and Colston get healthy this offense will be scary. I can't wait to see Colston back. Having Sedrick Ellis out hurts the defense big time in my opinion.

The Saints are a playoff team. It is just a matter of staying healthy and not beating themselves on Sundays.
papa_spaz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2008, 06:44 AM   #66
3Ironhead3

Likes (Received): 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeimieLvr View Post
So now it's gone from the above to: "The Falcons had some good years periodically." That's the reason I listed all of the Falcons "okay" seasons...because of your original statement. It was stupid. Don't talk shit and then act like you didn't do it...you made a ridiculous remark and I posted information that negated it. End of story.

Nobody said the Falcon's history in the NFL is stellar. But they have had plenty of decent seasons and can be considered an NFL team.
What did they do the other 18 years?They were horrible,period.I have family in Atlanta and I remember those "Go Braves!!And take the Falcons with You" bumper stickers.You don't have to resort to insults because I hit a nerve with fact dude.Fact is New Orleans,Atlanta and Tampa have had way more lousy seasons than good.So has Carolina.
3Ironhead3 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2008, 10:39 AM   #67
WeimieLvr
Love me, love my dog...

Likes (Received): 420

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Ironhead3 View Post
What did they do the other 18 years?They were horrible,period.I have family in Atlanta and I remember those "Go Braves!!And take the Falcons with You" bumper stickers.You don't have to resort to insults because I hit a nerve with fact dude.Fact is New Orleans,Atlanta and Tampa have had way more lousy seasons than good.So has Carolina.

Doesn't matter...you made the statement that "Until recent years the Falcons,Saints and Bucs could barely be considered NFL teams"...and the Falcons have had some very good seasons as have the Saints and Bucs. You made a stupid statement...You were wrong, and I proved you wrong. Take it like a man...or are you?
WeimieLvr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2008, 03:41 AM   #68
papa_spaz

[QUOTE=3Ironhead3;26495510]Until recent years the Falcons,Saints and Bucs could barely be considered NFL teams. QUOTE]

That is a stupid comment. So the Cubs aren't a major league baseball team b/c they havn't won a championship in 100 years. So the Red Soxes just became a major league baseball team b/c they just recently won the world series a few years back. Before that they havn't won it since trading Babe Ruth. Wait, that doesn't make sense. The Cubs and Red Soxes are two of the most popular professional teams in all of sports.

Cowboys aren't a NFL team b/c they havn't won a playoff game in over 10 years. That's a stupid comment.
Old October 17th, 2008, 03:41 AM   #69
papa_spaz

Saints vs Panthers this Sunday. Big game.

Geaux Saints!
Old October 17th, 2008, 05:28 AM   #70
3Ironhead3

[QUOTE=papa_spaz;26708310]
Quote:
Until recent years the Falcons,Saints and Bucs could barely be considered NFL teams. QUOTE]

That is a stupid comment. So the Cubs aren't a major league baseball team b/c they havn't won a championship in 100 years. So the Red Soxes just became a major league baseball team b/c they just recently won the world series a few years back. Before that they havn't won it since trading Babe Ruth. Wait, that doesn't make sense. The Cubs and Red Soxes are two of the most popular professional teams in all of sports.

Cowboys aren't a NFL team b/c they havn't won a playoff game in over 10 years. That's a stupid comment.
You guys have no grasp of the concept of sarcasm do you.Fact is the Saints,Bucs,Falcons and Panthers have had more bad seasons than good.Whether you like it or not,that is a fact.Difference is the Falcons and Saints have 42 years of history(1966 exp),the Bucs have 32(1976 exp).The Panthers only 13(1995 exp).
It took the Falcons 33 years to get to a SB,the Bucs 26.The Panthers 9 and the Saints....well.....still waiting......
Old October 17th, 2008, 05:36 AM   #71
Cannonized

Likes (Received): 0

I don't think Saints fans have any problem with what you're saying Ironhead. We're well aware of our history. But like I always say, if you haven't experienced the deepest valley, then you wont apprieciate the highest peak. It'll happen for us. Just imagine being a Lions fan. They haven't won a playoff game since the 50's.
Cannonized no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2008, 06:12 AM   #72
WeimieLvr
Love me, love my dog...

Quote:
You guys have no grasp of the concept of sarcasm do you.Fact is the Saints,Bucs,Falcons and Panthers have had more bad seasons than good.Whether you like it or not,that is a fact.Difference is the Falcons and Saints have 42 years of history(1966 exp),the Bucs have 32(1976 exp).The Panthers only 13(1995 exp).
It took the Falcons 33 years to get to a SB,the Bucs 26.The Panthers 9 and the Saints....well.....still waiting......

So the measure of success for the ignorant comes out...
Old October 17th, 2008, 07:48 PM   #73
TexasBoi
Texas-NoVA

Quote:
I don't think Saints fans have any problem with what you're saying Ironhead. We're well aware of our history. But like I always say, if you haven't experienced the deepest valley, then you wont apprieciate the highest peak. It'll happen for us. Just imagine being a Lions fan. They haven't won a playoff game since the 50's.
Actually, the Lions won a playoff game in 1991 against the Cowboys in the divisional round.
Old October 17th, 2008, 10:28 PM   #74
papa_spaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasBoi View Post
Actually, the Lions won a playoff game in 1991 against the Cowboys in the divisional round.

Yeah, I remember that game. Barry Sanders ran wild against Dallas. I believe Detroit was slaughtered in the next game by the eventual Super Bowl Champs the Redskins.
Old October 17th, 2008, 11:16 PM   #75
kickazzz2000

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa_spaz View Post
Yeah, I remember that game. Barry Sanders ran wild against Dallas. I believe Detroit was slaughtered in the next game by the eventual Super Bowl Champs the Redskins.
WAYNE FONTES!!!!!
kickazzz2000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2008, 12:27 AM   #76
TexasBoi
Texas-NoVA

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa_spaz View Post
Final score 38-6. Than Detroit went to Washington and we all know the story there. Dallas got revenge on them in the reg season the next year beating them 37-3.
Old October 18th, 2008, 07:20 AM   #77
3Ironhead3

Quote:
I can feel your pain.When the Panthers lost to the Patriots in the Super Bowl I was heartbroken.One must know pain to appreciate pleasure and vice versa.I actually like our division rivals because we're all underdogs.And I root for them when they play anyone but the Panthers because of that.
On an unfootball related note I will be moving back home to the Charlotte area next week and I cannot wait to get back home and watch Charlotte grow with my own two eyes!!!See you all very soon!!
Old October 18th, 2008, 12:05 PM   #78
QueenCityDrag
Here come the warm jets

Likes (Received): 6

I can feel your pain.When the Panthers lost to the Patriots in the Super Bowl I was heartbroken.One must know pain to appreciate pleasure and vice versa.I actually like our division rivals because we're all underdogs.And I root for them when they play anyone but the Panthers because of that.

I think that was a defining moment in my relationship at the time. i just remember going to uc bloom right after we lost and someone pulling up in front of us and leaving their lights on for a while, and eventually i yelled, turn youre f...ing brights OFF!! and then ummm....yeah, losing a superbowl sucks.
Old October 19th, 2008, 06:22 AM   #79
3Ironhead3

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenCityDrag View Post

I think that was a defining moment in my relationship at the time. i just remember going to uc bloom right after we lost and someone pulling up in front of us and leaving their lights on for a while, and eventually i yelled, turn youre f...ing brights OFF!! and then ummm....yeah, losing a superbowl sucks.
I heard that QCD.I didn't speak to anyone for about 3 or 4 days after that game.Heartbreak was one reason,the other was when Moose caught that TD pass they could probably hear me yelling in outer space.LOL!
Old October 19th, 2008, 06:31 AM   #80
WeimieLvr
Love me, love my dog...

Oh boo-hoo.... I suggest therapy for anyone THAT wrapped up in any team. It's more of a personality issue than a sports issue.