daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Fun Forums > About the forums

About the forums » Testing | Archive

Old September 18th, 2017, 12:13 AM   #1221
joshsam
JR

Likes (Received): 5408

Then you be stronger men and leave that discussion on the side. Trust me it's not worth the trouble. Let those small minded people posting in their Ukraine and Baltic hate threads alone and move on.

Ignore the obvious troll threads in those places.
You know before you will open what you will find there and that you won't like it. You also know you will get yourself in trouble trying to convince people being in a giant circle jerk for to long and in the end you will draw the shorstest straw so why would you even bother or give them the attention they are asking for? Unless you want to be a part of the circle jerk going there, you better just stay away.

Does that mean that these threads are justified? No they are not. Not in my personal opinion anyway.

Yellow Fever, RyukyuRhymer liked this post

Last edited by joshsam; September 18th, 2017 at 12:18 AM.
joshsam no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2017, 01:14 PM   #1222
joshsam
JR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eidvis View Post
I have to admit I kinda enjoyed pointing to the obvious in these lie and hate based thread, even though what is obvious and rock solid fact is not necessarily accepted there. I also don't think these people are lost forever or incapable of critical thinking. I blame well constructed Kremlin's propaganda and almost no alternative source of information, but even in such conditions there are rational thinking forumers from Russia. I also have to admit it's kinda pity that even here Putin's agenda is well promoted and any tries to provide with a truthful information are being blocked. I hoped that SkyscraperCity forum has some tools in defending freedom of speach, I'm sure there are enough rational Russians that could be good and fair moderators.
I'm afraid the other side accuses us of the same. The truth however might be somewhere in between. Sadly we peasants will never know. We're just canon fodder for their little political chess play.
Old September 19th, 2017, 01:05 AM   #1223
joshsam
JR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eidvis View Post
and there's a need of professional mods to monitor such discussions so that discussions would be performed in a civilized manner. But if there's a wish not to have sensitive discussion at all, than such threads should be forbidden in general.
The site owner opts for having those topics rstricted since they are not in any way adding any value to a forum wich has the focus on skyscrapers and city development and they only cause otherwise normal members to start flame wars or suddenly become trolls.

In practise though it's mainly the local mod team wich choses what subjects can and can not be discussed. Since the Russian mod team keeps those topics open, i'm afraid you are just going to have to live with it untill some admin or Jan himself says the fun in those sections is over.

Another section with similar problems is the Indian subforum for example. Their India/Pakistan conflict causes a lot of heated debates and stoops people to new lows.

I think we can close discussion about this now. We are aware that being impartial in a conflict like this is ofthen hard and moderators take decissions wich they deem best for their section. You probably made some people butthurt in the Russian skybar, they complained, and you got warned. You didn't get the warning and continued so they brigged you. The same happens with Russian forumers wich stir up things to much in the non RUssian speaking forums.
I understand it might not seem 'fair' from your personal point of view but sometimes you will have to look at the bigger picture.

Last edited by joshsam; September 19th, 2017 at 01:15 AM.
joshsam no está en línea   Reply With Quote