SkyscraperCity Forum banner

NEW YORK | One World Trade Center (1WTC) | 541m | 1776ft | 94 fl | Com

22M views 59K replies 4K participants last post by  Riley1066 
#1 ·
Since the world trade center is finally under construction. I wanted to create this thread for photos and news about skyscrapersd and the memorial happening at ground zero. Please post photos of the site plan, and construction photos happening at the site. Hope you guys enjoy!!!!!! :)

#11,290 ·
it didn't rain here today, by the way--so any delays weren't because of weather.
SSP and WNY forumers said there was rain. I'm sure even a high percentage threat of rain would make OSHA nervous about having these cranes hauling steel thru the air though.

Also, WNY forum reports the 18000 crane has been inspected and is ready to be shipped over to the WTC from Kearny, NJ. Hopefully it'll be there next week.

#11,295 ·
There was definitely rain earlier today, I saw it on the webcam
ok. weather.com says precipitation for yesterday is 0.00--
fine, it may have lightly drizzled for a few minutes, but my point is, if that type of 'weather' is enough to slow progress, that's kind of crazy. It's bright and sunny now outside and that beam still sits, so maybe it didn't have anything to do with weather.

#11,296 ·
Are you sure it's the same beam? Doesn't look like they're slowing down, compare to 2 days ago
More steel on top of the north core!

They add even more steel on the core and there's a new beam behind the big red crane and an horizontal beam on the right of it

#11,297 ·
ok. weather.com says precipitation for yesterday is 0.00--
fine, it may have lightly drizzled for a few minutes, but my point is, if that type of 'weather' is enough to slow progress, that's kind of crazy. It's bright and sunny now outside and that beam still sits, so maybe it didn't have anything to do with weather.
Official National Weather Service Precipitation totals for yesterday:

Central Park - 0.01
LaGuardia Airport - 0.01
JFK Airport - 0.01
Newark Airport - 0.03

I see that they delivered the last of the columns for the NE corner, Big Red took it off the truck and laid it on the floor. Meanwhile the big spandrel beam is still sitting on the truck on Vesey Street. I wonder if they need to put up the column first to stabilize the corner before the beam goes up?

#11,298 ·
Official National Weather Service Precipitation totals for yesterday:

Central Park - 0.01
LaGuardia Airport - 0.01
JFK Airport - 0.01
Newark Airport - 0.03
wow. my point is that 'Central Park - 0.01', that 10 minute mist we had yesterday, had nothing to do with whether or not that piece of steel, which still sits in the sun, went up or not

Finally seeing some decent progress, but still too quick to blurt out excuses. ......uhhh....complexity underground!......uhhh....the MTA!......uhhh...they had to do a redesign 4 years ago.....uhhh, what else...OSHA! rain! yeah, that's the ticket!