SkyscraperCity Forum banner

NEW YORK | One World Trade Center (1WTC) | 541m | 1776ft | 94 fl | Com

22M views 59K replies 4K participants last post by  Riley1066 
#1 ·
Since the world trade center is finally under construction. I wanted to create this thread for photos and news about skyscrapersd and the memorial happening at ground zero. Please post photos of the site plan, and construction photos happening at the site. Hope you guys enjoy!!!!!! :)

#11,425 ·
I still cant get over the size of those beams, there huge, i wonder how long they took to fabricate, and more how long to transport from NJ to lower Manhattan.

The proposed performing arts center. is it similar sized footprint of 1WTC?

I thought of this thats all;

7WTC would loose its view though, doubt anything like this would ever happen, but its inspiring.
This one looks so much better than a lonely WTC1...

#11,426 ·
1776ft for the roof height and 2001ft for the spire height would of been more fitting as well as symbolic, i think this idea has been mentioned several times on this very thread. Would be great though.

I couldnt agree more. I've always thought the same thing. A roof height of 1776 with a spire of 2001 makes much more sense. Not to mention that the building would have a larger presence in the skyline than what was there before... and would serve, by default, as a better memorial and reminder.

1776 to commemorate the birth of the country and 2001 as the symbolic height to remember 9/11. Why build something that is the same size as what was there before? Not to mention all the supertalls that are going up around the world. 1WTC wont even rank among the top ten tallest buildings in the world. If it was built to a height of 2001 it would have a better ranking and help to elevate the skyline in NYC into the future.

Oh well... just my opinon... and it doesnt matter now.. the building is begining to rise.

#11,433 ·
Oooo... dunno if this has been mentioned already, but they've started installing steel framework over the exposed PATH tracks at the south end of the Memorial Complex. The gap is starting to be filled :D

#11,439 ·
Would people get over the twin WTC 1 already? i understand the appeal completely, but i feel as if we should try to appreciate what is gonna be there now, and judging by those renders, it really is going to be just as powerful as the original towers... Absolutely beautiful... and i have a question, is that a floor i see being installed at the top of the beams or just a surface for the workers?

#11,440 ·
Notice that it isnt the old towers in the renderings but 2 freedom towers lol its a joke