daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > South > South India Projects > Kerala > Calicut

Old April 19th, 2012, 04:42 AM   #1
Vadakarakkaaran
I am what I am...

Likes (Received): 542

Vadakara - The awakening...

This thread is especially for the projects and plans pertaining to Vadakara and Vadakara only. You can come forward and discuss the immense possibilities of this small sleepy town. Come on let us make it happen.

Vadakara, the costal Municipality in the northern border of Kozhikode district is in its initial stages of growth.
My main intention to start a thread for the town in this forum is not just to showcase the town, but to prepare a stage for the town to understand its shortcomings, to view the flaws in the basic infrastructure and to discuss about the changes that has to be made to prepare for a better tomorrow in the times of rapid urbanisation.
I would like you all to actively participate in discussions by contributing your views in identifying the problems and suggesting solutions from the perspective of a town planner. By doing so, we can put forward a general guideline, for the people who have the power to materialise those ideas into action.
This forum also aims to highlight many of the projects already proposed for the area, by various agencies, organisations and personnel researches there by providing a consolidated view of ideas on a common platform.
Once the areas of basic infrastructure, transportation facilities and the availability of essential manpower and resources are properly addressed, I am sure the town will be ready to receive its share of other urban features to make the life of its people more comfortable.

Last edited by Vadakarakkaaran; September 30th, 2012 at 08:04 AM. Reason: Second thoughts
Vadakarakkaaran no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old April 19th, 2012, 08:49 AM   #2
simpliCITY
here and there

Likes (Received): 380

You can open it inside Calicut subsection
Old April 19th, 2012, 09:34 PM   #3
Irshad

Likes (Received): 372

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpliCITY View Post
You can open it inside Calicut subsection
It will be better if this is inside calicut thread
Irshad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2012, 01:38 AM   #4
Vadakarakkaaran
I am what I am...

Vadakara Mahe canal.

This is the proposed route of Vadakara Mahe canal, which is going to be a part of Inland water ways.
Does anybody have real snaps of the same. Post it. One can see the test patch of this project in front of Kalleri temple.
Old April 20th, 2012, 01:44 AM   #5
Vadakarakkaaran
I am what I am...

http://http://www.thehindu.com/today...cle2553945.ece

Eventhough dated 20 Oct 2011, this article will pour some light on the subject.
Old April 20th, 2012, 05:08 AM   #6
Vadakarakkaaran
I am what I am...

This is the test patch I was talking about. This is on way from Vilyaapally to Thaneer Pandhal.
Old April 21st, 2012, 08:19 AM   #7
simpliCITY
here and there

Likes (Received): 380

Mods, pleas move this thread to Calicut subsection. we have many municipalities in Kerala, we cannot start 59 threads in Kerala forum, better we open threads or pages or posts under respective District subsection or threads
Old April 21st, 2012, 11:12 AM   #8
sanjupalayat
Calicut

Likes (Received): 374

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpliCITY View Post
Mods, pleas move this thread to Calicut subsection. we have many municipalities in Kerala, we cannot start 59 threads in Kerala forum, better we open threads or pages or posts under respective District subsection or threads
I have already asked mods to move this thread to calicut subforum, and do you feel Vadakara is mature enough to have its own thread at this moment?
sanjupalayat no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2012, 11:15 AM   #9
Malayaali
Registered Kochiite

Likes (Received): 2513

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjupalayat View Post
I have already asked mods to move this thread to calicut subforum, and do you feel Vadakara is mature enough to have its own thread at this moment?
+ 1

There are even bigger, happening municipalities in the state.
Malayaali no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2012, 02:10 AM   #10
Vadakarakkaaran
I am what I am...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjupalayat View Post
Sanju,
I appreciate your concern....about the thread being in the inappropriate place. And your self proclaimed authority in the site to ask the mods about moving it. But I don't think you were justified enough to ask about the maturity (as in your words... Even that's a wrong usage as I think) of the town. If this platform is meant to discuss about the development plans of a town... there no way, a town like Vadakara can be ignored.

Last edited by Vadakarakkaaran; April 22nd, 2012 at 02:17 AM.
Old April 22nd, 2012, 02:12 AM   #11
Vadakarakkaaran
I am what I am...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malayaali View Post
+ 1

Old April 22nd, 2012, 05:27 AM   #12
RKPV
GeoStatic

Likes (Received): 691

This thread is a much needed one inside Kozhikode sub forum. Vatakara is one of the oldest municipality in Kerala established on 1958, now having a population of 78000.

Vatakara is a place which have immense potential , but was least considered by politicians or authorities, and have the fate to hide in the shadow of the growth of Kozhikode city and Thalassey-Kannur.

It is the the market , one farmer will get the highest market rate for Copra(Dried coconut) in this country, because of the quality of the Kuttiady breed of Coconut, which is cultivated in this region.

There will be more happening municipalities, but Considering the amount of trade of Coconut,Oils, arecanut and agricultural - fisheries products and other business activities, Vadakara will be easily finding a place in the list of 10 biggest municipalities in Kerala. And all other bigger towns already have its own thread as they are district head qrts !

I believe, still Vatakara is the 11th largest city/town in Kerala considering the size of business establishments. (People passing through Vatakara will see only the Bye-pass NH)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malayaali View Post
+ 1

Last edited by RKPV; April 22nd, 2012 at 05:57 AM.
RKPV no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2012, 05:55 AM   #13
RKPV
GeoStatic

Likes (Received): 691

Nearby urban panchayths, Villiapally and chorodu are mature enough to add with Vatakara that will make the town as a 1 lakh plus city.
RKPV no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2012, 06:00 AM   #14
Vadakarakkaaran
I am what I am...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKPV View Post
This thread is a much needed one inside Kozhikode sub forum.

Vatakara is a place which have immense potential , but was least considered by politicians or authorities, and have the fate to hide in the shadow of the growth of Kozhikode city and Thalassey-Kannur.

It is the the market , one farmer will get the highest market rate for Copra(Dried coconut) in this country, because of the quality of the Kuttiady breed of Coconut, which is cultivated in this region.

There will be more happening municipalities, but Considering the amount of trade of Coconut,Oils, arecanut and agricultural products and other business activities, Vadakara will be easily finding a place in the list of 10 biggest municipalities in Kerala. And all other bigger towns already have its own thread as they are district head qrts !

I believe, still Vatakara is the 11th largest city/town in Kerala considering the size of business establishments. (People passing through Vatakara will see only the Bye-pass NH)
Thanx for your connoisseur views on the subject. Your comment was indeed a moral boost for me. Otherwise my attempt would have died as another sagittarian dream.
Old April 22nd, 2012, 10:22 AM   #15
sanjupalayat
Calicut

Likes (Received): 374

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vadakarakkaaran View Post
Sanju,
I appreciate your concern....about the thread being in the inappropriate place. And your self proclaimed authority in the site to ask the mods about moving it. But I don't think you were justified enough to ask about the maturity (as in your words... Even that's a wrong usage as I think) of the town. If this platform is meant to discuss about the development plans of a town... there no way, a town like Vadakara can be ignored.

Dear friend, i am not arguing about the importance of Vadakara, for a forum like Skyscrapercity we need solid projects to survive, or else the thread might go dead after a few posts, what i feel is that even Kozhikode forum itself is not that active these days which it used to be before due to the lack of photo updates, so what can we expect from a separate thread for Vadakara?

About the self proclaimed authority...any forumer in this forum can request mods for any kind of action needed in this forum, thats it, its the mods who decide what should be done, whether to consider our request or to ignore it, so you, me or any other forumer have the right to request mods for any action, we have a separate 'Forum complaints and suggestion' thread for this.
sanjupalayat no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2012, 10:58 AM   #16
Aslesh
Aslesh Rajan K

Likes (Received): 3348

These new generation social media like Facebook, Twitter etc have spoiled people with their anarchist nature. People have forgotten basic netiquette and discipline. Sanju has years of experience and thousands of posts in this forum. Being a senior member he has the right to say his opinion. When you enter a new place try to respect who are already present their. They have better idea on how this system works.
Old April 22nd, 2012, 11:11 AM   #17
Irshad

Likes (Received): 372

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslesh View Post
These new generation social media like Facebook, Twitter etc have spoiled people with their anarchist nature. People have forgotten basic netiquette and discipline. Sanju has years of experience and thousands of posts in this forum. Being a senior member he has the right to say his opinion. When you enter a new place try to respect who are already present their. They have better idea on how this system works.
common guys...this is moved inside Calicut and start discussing about developments...
Irshad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2012, 12:04 PM   #18
Malayaali
Registered Kochiite

Likes (Received): 2513

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKPV View Post
This thread is a much needed one inside Kozhikode sub forum. Vatakara is one of the oldest municipality in Kerala established on 1958, now having a population of 78000.
+ 1

What i wanted is the same. The thread should be in Calicut subforum.
Malayaali no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2012, 09:34 PM   #19
Vadakarakkaaran
I am what I am...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslesh View Post
Point noted
Old April 23rd, 2012, 06:59 AM   #20
Aslesh
Aslesh Rajan K

Likes (Received): 3348

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vadakarakkaaran View Post
Point noted
Thanks