search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > United States > Southeast > Local Forums > Miami > Development News

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old July 6th, 2006, 07:22 AM   #41
Dale

Likes (Received): 5501

^ Will probably get chopped by the FAA and end up being a stepladder with a helium balloon attached.

Did that sound bitter ?

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
Dale no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old July 6th, 2006, 08:50 AM   #42
MIAballinboi

Likes (Received): 1160

^no

MIAballinboi no está en línea  
Old July 6th, 2006, 02:23 PM   #43
ChuckScraperMiami#1

Likes (Received): 22075

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale
^ Will probably get chopped by the FAA and end up being a stepladder with a helium balloon attached.

Did that sound bitter ?
Hold on your horses, Dale , my friend ,
If " James is GOOD " can fly a model airplane over 600 feet into the air over bicennteninal Park without a F. A. A. permit or restriction , so can anyone else at that height, Its Over 650 feet the FAA is worried about.
ChuckScraperMiami#1 no está en línea  
Old July 7th, 2006, 12:35 PM   #44
spellbound
Contents Under Pressure

Likes (Received): 8906

Is there any law that says we can't rent space on that balloon and hang a "SCREW THE FAA" banner from its side?

spellbound no está en línea  
Old July 7th, 2006, 06:20 PM   #45
Paul305

Likes (Received): 1017

Does anyone know anything about The Madison? The website doesn't provide a floor count or pretty much any other info besides the name and location. There's supposedly a sales center on site with "Models available for viewing." If anyone lives in the area near the Miami Arena, can you please check it out and get some pictures of the model?

Paul305 está en línea ahora  
Old July 7th, 2006, 06:58 PM   #46
dave8721

Likes (Received): 6375

Quote:
Originally Posted by archifreese
unfortunately the address puts it at the location of two existing residential towers that will probably just be refurbished. i saw a truck driving in downtown with a billboard for this project and i knew the address meant it would be these two towers across from the Miami Arena.
They are the two buildings across from the arena as shown in Archifreese's post. They are two 22-story buildings built in 1989 and were known as "Arena Towers" for a while but changed the name to "Bayview Towers" somewhere along the way (trying to distance themselves from the fact that the Arena is associated with Overtown) and the "Towers at Park West" some time after that.

dave8721 no está en línea  
Old July 7th, 2006, 07:13 PM   #47
archifreese

Likes (Received): 129

^yeah, the banner on the building said starting from 180,000 for 1 bedrooms. Hopefully with some renovations etc this building could be one of the few affordable QUALITY housing locations in downtown, the market could use some lower cost units in downtown.

archifreese no está en línea  
Old July 9th, 2006, 02:29 AM   #48
Miami as in Perfect
I know right . . . !

Likes (Received): 91

Sorry guys, and the occasional lady, but would somebody mind telling me where Everglades on the Bay will be/is? I know the area, so a simple street intersection deal would work - then there is always a link to one of the many diagrams on these boards. Thanks in advance.

Miami as in Perfect no está en línea  
Old July 9th, 2006, 03:22 AM   #49
umiami305

Likes (Received): 129

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami as in Perfect
Sorry guys, and the occasional lady, but would somebody mind telling me where Everglades on the Bay will be/is? I know the area, so a simple street intersection deal would work - then there is always a link to one of the many diagrams on these boards. Thanks in advance.
Everglades on the Bay is on Biscayne Blvd between N.E. 2nd st and N.E. 3rd st. Between Bayfront park and Bayside.

umiami305 no está en línea  
Old July 9th, 2006, 06:53 AM   #50
Miami as in Perfect
I know right . . . !

Likes (Received): 91

That's what I thought - but I don't seem to see it in any area pictures. Hmm, I guess I am overlooking it with all of the other stuff going on in the area . . . . Thanks!

Miami as in Perfect no está en línea  
Old July 12th, 2006, 01:19 AM   #51
Miaminole
Miaminole

Likes (Received): 66

Drove by Epic today and there is a crane up. :-)

Miaminole no está en línea  
Old July 12th, 2006, 02:11 AM   #52
ChuckScraperMiami#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miaminole
Drove by Epic today and there is a crane up. :-)
YES !!! Miami Nole , I have seen the Yellow tower construction crane on the Four Seasons Tower CAM at herald .com,, Fantastic, its # 53 Tower constuction Cranes now with the " two " NOW up Yellow construction cranes up at the Infinity I condo tower, ITS wild here in Downtown Miami,

MET 3 is digging a Deeeeeeeeeeeep Hole to start its HUGE up to 6 months Foundation to hold the Next Tallest Tower " SouthEast " of Atlanta !!!

Did I mention, Go Cranes !!!

Ps.s. Everyone Had to Re Edit this one, Houston is the most tallest towers in the SOUTH ,, So Miami is the Tallest towers South East of Atlanta ,, lol.

Last edited by ChuckScraperMiami#1; July 12th, 2006 at 02:40 AM.
Old July 12th, 2006, 02:29 AM   #53
spellbound
Contents Under Pressure

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckScraperMiami#1
YES !!! Miami Nole , I have seen the Yellow tower construction crane on the Four Seasons Tower CAM at herald .com,, Fantastic, its # 53 Tower constuction Cranes now with the " two " NOW up Yellow construction cranes up at the Infinity I condo tower, ITS wild here in Downtown Miami,

MET 3 is digging a Deeeeeeeeeeeep Hole to start its HUGE up to 6 months Foundation to hold the Next Tallest Tower south of Atlanta !!!

Did I mention, Go Cranes !!!
So they're actually digging at Met3? Great!

Chuck, you brought up an interesting geography question. You hear the quote "tallest south of Atlanta" a lot, but where does that leave Houston (which has a few gargantuan towers in the 1000-foot range)?

I would consider it a Southern city, being that it's nearly on the Gulf Coast...but maybe it's just classified as "Texas" since people there tend to think of themselves as a world apart anyway.

Just wondering...do people consider Houston a Southern city, or something else?

Old July 12th, 2006, 02:34 AM   #54
ChuckScraperMiami#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by spellbound
So they're actually digging at Met3? Great!

Chuck, you brought up an interesting geography question. You hear the quote "tallest south of Atlanta" a lot, but where does that leave Houston (which has a few gargantuan towers in the 1000-foot range)?

I would consider it a Southern city, being that it's nearly on the Gulf Coast...but maybe it's just classified as "Texas" since people there tend to think of themselves as a world apart anyway.

Just wondering...do people consider Houston a Southern city, or something else?
WOW !!!, Great Question SPELLBound !!!,

I'm looking at the nation map to see which city is the most southern by parallel , lol..
Hold on a minute,,

Okay, Spell bound , Houston is the most tallest towers in the south,,,,.

So, I have to change the South of Atlanta, to SOUTHEAST of Atlanta,
Old July 12th, 2006, 02:37 AM   #55
spellbound
Contents Under Pressure

^Houston's considerably farther south than Atlanta...I think it's roughly parallel to Orlando, in fact.

I'm just wondering about how people feel about its geographic designation. "Southern" or something else?

Old July 12th, 2006, 02:43 AM   #56
spellbound
Contents Under Pressure

OK, since we're on geography...here's a weird quirk about Miami that not many realize.

The city is MUCH further west than people tend to think (obviously because it sits on the Atlantic coast).

But if you drew a line due south from Miami, you'd find that ALL of South America lies to the east of Miami...and that going north you'd find yourself about the same distance west as Pittsburgh!

Old July 12th, 2006, 02:52 AM   #57
ChuckScraperMiami#1

Quote:
^Houston's considerably farther south than Atlanta...I think it's roughly parallel to Orlando, in fact.

I'm just wondering about how people feel about its geographic designation. "Southern" or something else?
Yes !!! Spellbound , Houston's towers are taller than Atlanta, well the 2nd two, are by over 900 feet each,.,. but the tallest tower is still in Atlanta,
1,023 feet, is the Bank of America Plaza tower.

Last edited by ChuckScraperMiami#1; July 12th, 2006 at 02:58 AM.
Old July 12th, 2006, 03:30 AM   #58
Pablo63090

Likes (Received): 136

The BOA tower is a cheater! The building's roof lies about the same height as the 54th floor of the WFC. They chose to build a fancy, gold covered pencil tip and steal the title. Not considering any spires, the tallest in the Southeast would be the BOA tower in Charlotte.

Last edited by Pablo63090; July 12th, 2006 at 03:35 AM.
Pablo63090 no está en línea  
Old July 12th, 2006, 03:54 AM   #59
SayHelloToMyLilFrein
BANNED

Likes (Received): 68

Quote:
Is there any law that says we can't rent space on that balloon and hang a "SCREW THE FAA" banner from its side?
very nice idea lol i like that.We do have freedom of speech.wow maybe some people could put together some money and actually do this who knows but it would be nice

SayHelloToMyLilFrein no está en línea  
Old July 12th, 2006, 06:07 AM   #60
ChuckScraperMiami#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo63090
The BOA tower is a cheater! The building's roof lies about the same height as the 54th floor of the WFC. They chose to build a fancy, gold covered pencil tip and steal the title. Not considering any spires, the tallest in the Southeast would be the BOA tower in Charlotte.
Sorry PABLO , I have to say that Bank of America Corporate Tower Built in 1992 in Charlotte, North Carolina is only 871 Feet at 60 floors ,
Its in my Book here of Facts , the 2006 World Almanac,, It has all the tallest towers in the USA, and their heights, and year completed.

Atlanta's Bank of America Plaza tower is the Tallest in the Southeast, my friend, ..

Closed Thread

Tags
construction, downtown, miami