SkyscraperCity Forum banner

How to improve Leeds as a Tourist destination

232K views 2K replies 161 participants last post by  ladywood 
#1 ·
I know that people always say that Leeds always under sells itself and often it seems that Leeds isn't on the tourist trail for most visitors to the UK. Having been to loads of place over the world and seen how they promote their citys and heritage my thoughts have turned to Leeds. I've spent a lot of time in America and the have so little history yet seem to promote it so much better than us....

I wondered what could Leeds do better? What could we shout out about? Who are our famous sons? What important decisions have happened in Leeds that have shaped something in the world today?

#598 ·
I was only saying. How they lease the space is inconsequential it is still classed as a boutique. It has its own separate entrance and fascia on New Carhedral Street opposite Burberrys and Harvey Nichols.
I understand pal. You simply corrected an assertion about Louis Vuitton outside Leeds. Sadly though, unless you suck Leeds balls on here you're painted as a "troll". Anti-social or what...

#603 ·
Do you think I possess the power to stop people from posting wherever and whenever they want? :dunno: Slightly bizarre post on your part. Personally, I don't think anyone here is 'attacking' anyone because they do not always hold Leeds in high regard, but if that is how he perceives it, then he could stop posting on this forum if he believes that people are unnecessarily hostile towards 'outsiders'. I'm not telling him or forcing him to do anything, it's all in your head.

#611 ·
I assume this post was directed at me although the convention is to include a quotation, just so that everyone is clear.

You seem very keen to issue directives ("Do yourself and everyone else a favour and stop immediately"). Common sense tells us that this approach is counterproductive so I don't see why you're having such a hissy fit. Oh, and putting words into italics in an entirely random manner makes you come across as slightly deranged to a disinterested observer.

#615 ·
*reads title thread* *reads recent posts* *shakes head..* *sighs* %gives up%

thanks for an interesting couple of years dudes but i can't continue to be part of this community. I'll obviously observe but I've had enough of the pointless bile.

Never got involved in the threads wider than Leeds as the only reason im here is to find out the latest local goss.

Not sure why people from different places are so insecure they have to spam other places.

Anyway. It's been a pleasure.

#641 ·
Not sure if a magician being from somewhere really raises the profile that much. Paul Daniels was from Middlesbrough, and that never stopped being a hole! I wonder how much Dynamo being from Bradford has done...

#643 ·
I wonder if Leeds has a big warehouse somewhere, along the lines of the one in Indiana Jones, with all its treasures boxed up in (Chinatown Gate, Circe Statue etc).