daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Philippine Forums > Around the Philippines > Transport, Urban Planning and Infrastructure > Highways and Roadways

Old July 6th, 2007, 04:31 PM   #1
jonno
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

C5 - Metro Manila Circumferential Road 5

The C5 extension that would connect NLEX and SLEX is due for completion on 2009. Does anyone know where exactly this extension would be? This is supposed to connect to Valenzuela NLEX. Info and pictures would be very much appreciated.
jonno no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old July 7th, 2007, 01:43 AM   #2
kaelthas18
=**=

Likes (Received): 125

C5 ROAD
carlos p garcia ave-e rodriguez jr.ave-katipunan-tandang sora (very narrow at the crossing of commonwealth then getting wider again at the crosing in visayas ave.)-tullahan ave in valenzuela
Old July 7th, 2007, 01:50 AM   #3
JustHorace
Athenaei Manilani Curator

Likes (Received): 97

DPWH is now expanding Katipunan Avenue, from C.P. Garcia Road to Commonwealth Avenue.
JustHorace no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2007, 02:55 AM   #4
Sinjin P.
Lingkod-Bayan

Likes (Received): 489

Is this different from the C-6? http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=465078
Old July 7th, 2007, 02:57 AM   #5
richard24
go ahead.. scan it

yep., its different.

the C-5 extension will be the one to finally connect C-5 to NLEX., while the C-6 is a totally new road from SLEX to NLEX.
Old July 7th, 2007, 03:02 AM   #6
Sinjin P.
Lingkod-Bayan

Likes (Received): 489

^ So you're trying to say that there will be 2 new highways built to connect SLEX to NLEX?
Old July 7th, 2007, 03:08 AM   #7
richard24
go ahead.. scan it

well., the C-5 is already more than 50% done., from SLEX-Katipunan. while C-6 is still on the works., from scratch.
Old July 7th, 2007, 08:02 AM   #8
jonno
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmoManila View Post
DPWH is now expanding Katipunan Avenue, from C.P. Garcia Road to Commonwealth Avenue.
So there would be no narrow part that kaelthas18 is referring to?
Old July 7th, 2007, 08:04 AM   #9
jonno
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaelthas18 View Post
C5 ROAD
carlos p garcia ave-e rodriguez jr.ave-katipunan-tandang sora (very narrow at the crossing of commonwealth then getting wider again at the crosing in visayas ave.)-tullahan ave in valenzuela
thanks...any pictures? For some reason I cant see Philippine streets on google earth. I understand this developments would be of enormous help to people in Valenzuela and Novaliches - they've been neglected in infrastructures for a very long time.
Old July 7th, 2007, 08:33 AM   #10
jonno
BANNED

Can anyone tell me where tullahan ave. is? Is that near Malinta road?
Old July 7th, 2007, 04:16 PM   #11
bustero

Likes (Received): 2

From my understanding of the project , the priority is to finish the portion of c5 to the edge of Mindanao Ave. I'm not sure the current budget includes finish the whole of C5. It would be nice if it did.
Old July 8th, 2007, 01:51 AM   #12
JustHorace

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonno View Post
So there would be no narrow part that kaelthas18 is referring to?
Yup. If you know the area, the outer parking area of the MWSS complex has now been covered with rocks, to level it with the existing street. Shanties near UPIS and Balara have put up streamers, claiming their land is not part of C-5 and therefore should not be demolished. I'm assuming that they will be demolished any time soon.
Old July 8th, 2007, 02:20 AM   #13
le Reine
Finding destiny

Likes (Received): 403

^ahaha.. as if that would help. they should be demolished even if they're not part of c5
Corruption is not a monopoly of the government. We have to remember that corruption is caused by insatiable greed - greed for power, greed for money and greed for fame. And once these desires become the pursuit of a nation, catastrophe is sealed for them.
le Reine no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2007, 05:37 AM   #14
jonno
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bustero View Post
From my understanding of the project , the priority is to finish the portion of c5 to the edge of Mindanao Ave. I'm not sure the current budget includes finish the whole of C5. It would be nice if it did.
From the government web site, 2009 is the target date. I think this extension would also help the area of Novaliches which in my opinion have been neglected for such a long time. They're controversial bishop should focus on ensuring the government delivers on infrastructure projects that would help the people of novaliches instead of calling for army revolts.
Old July 8th, 2007, 05:39 AM   #15
jonno
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmoManila View Post
Yup. If you know the area, the outer parking area of the MWSS complex has now been covered with rocks, to level it with the existing street. Shanties near UPIS and Balara have put up streamers, claiming their land is not part of C-5 and therefore should not be demolished. I'm assuming that they will be demolished any time soon.
Cheers. Like I said, many of these squatters are in cahoots with big time criminal syndicates extorting money from the government just so that it could do what it intends to do.
Old July 9th, 2007, 07:22 AM   #16
pau_p1
Proud to be Filipino

Likes (Received): 154

here.. made a map from Google... I just realized.. mahaba pa pala to connect C5 to NLEX...

the red line is where I believe C5 will run to get to NLEX... the blue line is where the current C5 ends.. that is at the UP elem school...

pau_p1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2007, 11:22 AM   #17
JustHorace

Quote:
Originally Posted by XP View Post
^ahaha.. as if that would help. they should be demolished even if they're not part of c5
I know! They're even squatting inside a prestigious state university! My gosh naman! Pati State Legislature natin, di pinatawad!
Old July 9th, 2007, 04:01 PM   #18
jonno
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pau_p1 View Post
here.. made a map from Google... I just realized.. mahaba pa pala to connect C5 to NLEX...

Cheers bro. Appreciate that map. That C5 extension would help a lot.
Old July 10th, 2007, 05:29 AM   #19
lochinvar

Likes (Received): 106

It's going to be a miracle if they pursue on making Tandang Sora the continuation of C-5. Houses along this street are not makeshifts that can easily and cheaply be demolished. The government just has to find a better route.
lochinvar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2007, 06:52 AM   #20
pau_p1
Proud to be Filipino

Likes (Received): 154

well... a lot of establishments along Tandang Sora are legal settlers... and indeed it would cost a lot of Right of Way.... but I don't think there's another route to take....

anyways... this would really help ease out or provide a quicker access road for Novalichesans... and even from people coming from Fairview...
pau_p1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote