daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > South > South India Projects > Tamil Nadu

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2434 votes, 4.99 average.
Old Yesterday, 03:22 PM   #43661
Sree Sree
Unicorn

Likes (Received): 1638

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagaraj15 View Post
What a Headlamp line up, earlier also in one of their theni route they had 10 head lamps, this one nothing less than including low beams it is totalling to 12 nos head lamps.
Rear ladder is not following the trend of left positioning. It is placed on right side. Or the Left ladder is removed.

I have to like this bus only due to ilaiyaraja poster. Or else, i dont know how the RTO cleared this registration, as the rules say other than original equipment headlamps other added head lamps are not permitted as per strict RTO rules
Those 4 head lamps are similar to fortuner head lamps, now Paramakudi - Madurai having 4th AE built 12m Ashley.LED shows their college Ad not route board.

RTO never checks about head lamps now just permits, for thepast 1 month 1 tourister was arrested in Tallakulam police station Madurai donno the correct reason.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sree Sree está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old Yesterday, 03:54 PM   #43662
Travel_freak

Likes (Received): 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagaraj15 View Post
TN 72 7090 seem to be their acquired bus from bluewings. great to know the speed. Other IJT have the wabco ABS brake systems installed, a sticker will be there near to the bus door.
Is this bus also fitted with ABS
I'm not sure of the ABS braking system and did not spot any such stickers. But on a chat between the drivers, came to know that this bus has effective braking at speeds around 85 kmph only and to be careful on speeds above that unlike their TN 74 AB & AC XXXX series which is effective at around 100 kmph. Yes nagaraj, TN 72 AK 7090 is acquired from bluewings AC and converted to non ac
Travel_freak no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:03 PM   #43663
Travel_freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by gideon1000 View Post
Hi, Just to clarify that a non CRS AL cannot go beyond 100 km/hr (or maximum 105). Nowadays I notice that the GPS speed readings are wayward. The speed is not constant nowadays. In a volvo AC bus, the speed variation is between 20-25 km/hr and it increases in a non-AC bus. Whenever I travel by TNSTC buses from Perungalathur to CMBT, my GPS reading would vary between 40 and 80 km/hr when my bus is constantly moving at 60 km/hr. Once my maximum speed shown was 222 km/hr while I was still travelling at 100 km/hr
Hi Gideon, I was also under the impression that AL (non crs) could not make such speeds. I'm using Ulysse speedometer which was fairly accurate than other than the counterparts and checked it with my xylo's speedo and the app always showed a speed less than 5 kmph of actual speed. To my surprise the speeds done by this bus was real as I double checked the speedometer of the bus too and it was clocking a good 110~120 and we overtook Hebron at 100+
Old Yesterday, 04:16 PM   #43664
Travel_freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by suncar View Post
TN 29 N 2182 by Shankar Karunakaran, on Flickr

One more surprise is there. Salem region has 3.33 express in another route as well - Guess it. I will reveal who captured it and would request to post it here soon
I have spotted one ex 3.33 converted to cbe-slm route removed ECX stickers and retained their 3.33 tag in the side windshield and plying as normal By Pass Rider about 2 months ago

Also, after the induction of new buses, some old warriors of 3.33 ECX which was replaced were spotted in cbe doing Cbe-salem as normal BPR's. As arun said, they are trying to use the old 3.33 tags in the possible routes. Good move by Tnstc-SLM
Old Yesterday, 04:34 PM   #43665
Sree Sree
Unicorn

Likes (Received): 1638

Quote:
Originally Posted by gideon1000 View Post
Hi, Just to clarify that a non CRS AL cannot go beyond 100 km/hr (or maximum 105). Nowadays I notice that the GPS speed readings are wayward. The speed is not constant nowadays. In a volvo AC bus, the speed variation is between 20-25 km/hr and it increases in a non-AC bus. Whenever I travel by TNSTC buses from Perungalathur to CMBT, my GPS reading would vary between 40 and 80 km/hr when my bus is constantly moving at 60 km/hr. Once my maximum speed shown was 222 km/hr while I was still travelling at 100 km/hr
Im using speedview, sometimes it works fine and worst.When i was in 80 in my it shows 60.Last week 1719 went in a gud speed but in speedview it was 75.Highest is 104 but sure it should have gone above that.

Sree Sree está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:41 PM   #43666
TTP_Aravindh

Likes (Received): 59

TNSTC, Tirupatthur – Bangalore 1to1 service with 2.34 tag!!!

I was travelling in Parveen MB Tri Axle to Bangalore from Chennai on Sunday, our bus was difficult to climb the Krishnagiri – Hosur Stretch, at the time saw one TNSTC bus overtook us in flash with 2.34 tag, again I saw the bus at Athipalli toll and its Tirupatthur – Bangalore 1to1 service, I couldn’t note the reg number and division name whether its SLM or VPM. Is this new service similar to 3.33 ECX?
Old Today, 01:15 AM   #43667
TTP_Aravindh

Likes (Received): 59

Trip review Bangalore-Chennai-Bangalore

Onward: Fri 3rd July
Operator: Hebron Transports KA-01-AC-0388
Type: Volvo MAV 2x2
Departure: 07:15 (Electronic City BMTC depot)
Arrival: 12:45 (infront of CMBT)

I booked their Volvo 2x2 SS only, but they clubbed their 05:45 service and 07:15 service together and sent Multi Axle. Bus came at 07:25 only and started within few minutes.
-Interior was neat and given water bottle, blanket.
-Sedate driving, driver maintained good speed till EOJ.
-Stopped at Hotel Managlam for breakfast near K’giri.
-Played Illayaraja songs whole journey with mild volume .
-Covered the distance within 5:15 hours including 20 minutes break.
-Only negative aspect was AC vents are broken and unable to control the cooling .

I travelled the same bus in last year and it was rash driving and driver was honking all the way and gave only 15 minutes time for breakfast, but now they changed the attitude and no rash driving and less honking .

Return: Sun 5th July

Operator: Parveen Travels KL-01-AY-5199
Type: Mercedes Benz MAV 2x2
Departure: 14:45 (Koyambedu Omni BS)
Arrival: 21:00 (Electronic City Bus stop)

Bus started on time but driver unable to run with maximum speed since it was good old bus and engine lost the capacity.

-Interior was neat and given water bottle and small pillow for back support.
-Leg space was good compare to other buses .
-Stopped at Hotel Anandas after Vellore.
-AC cooling was very low till Vellore and most of the passengers were complained to crew.
-Bus was difficult to climb the K’giri – Hosur stretch and few TNSTC’s (including old) and private buses easily overtook us, few passengers commented, ‘enna town bus ellam over take pannittu poguthu’ .
-One TNSTC Vellore –Tirupatthur TSS guy gave tough competition with our bus between Vellore and Ambur, later one TNSTC Vellore – Bangalore guy joined the game till K’giri.
-Covered the distance within 6:15 hours including 20 minutes break.

Tags
buses

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: