daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > Projects and Construction > Scottish Architecture Forum > The Bothy

The Bothy Scottish Skybar



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 477 votes, 5.00 average.
Old February 10th, 2016, 06:23 PM   #12861
Squirrelking
Sciurius Regalis
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,461
Likes (Received): 302

Boab- just saw that chart that breaks down into regions, makes more sense now.

Daegu- yes that is essentially what I'm saying. You seem quite surprised, there are all sorts of reasonable if not entirely sensible explanations for operating in such a way. Less pensions liabilities would be a good start, same reasons that any institute gets rid of directly employed employees. Everyone's at it, why do you think the public sector is different?
Squirrelking no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 11th, 2016, 12:09 PM   #12862
DaeguDuke
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 958
Likes (Received): 255

Not surprised that you're trying to change your argument, frankly just surprised anyone would blame the NHS for the current nursing shortage. Tbh I would argue that changes to NHS contracts and working patterns will be contributing to nurses choosing to work for agencies as opposed to directly for the NHS, but suggesting that there is a secret NHS plan to not hire staff is idiotic.

So, if the NHS has been choosing to not hire staff over the last half decade there must be evidence for this? It is a UK-wide issue, and one that the government, Home Office, hospital trusts, NHS, Unison, academics etc all agree on. The government even has nurses on their official shortage list and fast-track visas for them.

Even the nursing unions such as the RCN have been saying for years that there is a shortage - if there were nurses here looking for jobs and being turned away from the NHS then wouldn't they have noticed and said something?!

Nah, like your "nurses have all been replaced by bank staff" comment there is no truth in this "NHS not hiring nurses" shyte either. Chocolate kettles anyone?
DaeguDuke está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2016, 12:46 PM   #12863
Squirrelking
Sciurius Regalis
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,461
Likes (Received): 302

Who's changing their argument?

Of course YOU work in the NHS don't you? Or are you just going by the figures like a good little foot soldier?

Well, whatever you think I'm out, you can have the last word on this one, probably some little deluded victory speech about me not having answers to your pish. BTW you never did admit your error or apologise for calling me a liar despite having the facts pointed out to you.

Ta-ra!
Squirrelking no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2016, 02:02 PM   #12864
DaeguDuke
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 958
Likes (Received): 255

Cheers! Don't let the door hit you on the way out, else you'd have to go to hospital where you'll find all the doctors have been replaced by Daleks!

I'll stay here and hide behind the statistics, the NHS satisfaction ratings, the budgets, the RCN... Quite comfortable that the wealth of information available easily stacks up against your pal. Obviously though that mate doon the pub kens more than the union with a membership of half a million nurses.. Toodles.

PS. Not that it matters, but I have worked in the NHS. Not as a nurse, however, so I guess that doesn't count.
DaeguDuke está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2016, 02:51 PM   #12865
Squirrelking
Sciurius Regalis
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,461
Likes (Received): 302

Well, now that's reached it's inevitable conclusion does anyone want to discuss Boabs point?
Squirrelking no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2016, 08:28 PM   #12866
crusty_bint
control yourself
 
crusty_bint's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: InYourFace
Posts: 4,011
Likes (Received): 796

'good little foot soldier'. seriously? in the name of lamentable fkn hell. back tae square wan.
__________________
A great place and its people are not renewed lightly.
The caked layers of grime grow warm, like homely coats.
But yet they will be dislodged and men will still be warm.
The old coats are discarded. The old ice is loosed. The old seeds are awake.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
crusty_bint no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2016, 10:09 PM   #12867
Squirrelking
Sciurius Regalis
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,461
Likes (Received): 302

Sorry Crusty but he was twistin ma tit. Calling me a liar because you can't read things properly then not even having the good grace to admit the fact let alone apologise is a sure fire way to get my back up.

Better that than just calling him a ****.
Squirrelking no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2016, 02:17 AM   #12868
crusty_bint
control yourself
 
crusty_bint's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: InYourFace
Posts: 4,011
Likes (Received): 796

what you apologising to me for? you're a free agent in an open forum, say what you like. although you could have just called him a ****, i'm sure he would still have known what you meant. now wondering exactly makes someone a 'good little foot soldier' as opposed to just another **** and questioning whether im a 'good little foot soldier'. where is mein schäferführer when i need guidance... :S anyway. carry on
__________________
A great place and its people are not renewed lightly.
The caked layers of grime grow warm, like homely coats.
But yet they will be dislodged and men will still be warm.
The old coats are discarded. The old ice is loosed. The old seeds are awake.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
crusty_bint no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2016, 07:40 AM   #12869
Squirrelking
Sciurius Regalis
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,461
Likes (Received): 302

I was apologising to you for bringing down the tone. More so as I had just been one that had been bemoaning the petty shite. Sad to say it but it was keeping me entertained which, recently, is as good as it gets.

As for foot soldiers, unthinking, unquestioning, always towing the party line. That about sums it up and no, not you, having demonstrated your own free thinking in the past.
Squirrelking no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2016, 12:43 PM   #12870
crusty_bint
control yourself
 
crusty_bint's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: InYourFace
Posts: 4,011
Likes (Received): 796

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrelking View Post
I was apologising to you for bringing down the tone. More so as I had just been one that had been bemoaning the petty shite. Sad to say it but it was keeping me entertained which, recently, is as good as it gets.
well the offer of the apology, however hollow, is appreciated, it's cool, i don't feel i'm personally owed one. but take a look at what just happened there. you took umbridge at one of redrum/jonnys posts (par for the course round these parts) quoting jim murphy and then about labours election prospects, tried to use the scottish governments borrowing model to prove a point whilst using that broad stroke sheeple hair brush (that we had discussed just a couple of pages previous), told me to get a job as a nurse and dropped an a(necdote)-bomb which rattled on into more broad stroke insults. surely you can find something more amusing to do with your internet connection?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrelking View Post
As for foot soldiers, unthinking, unquestioning, always towing the party line. That about sums it up and no, not you, having demonstrated your own free thinking in the past.
so because i haven't disagreed with you so far? well you aren't the only one who knows people who work in the nhs in various different capacities and i don't agree with your perspective on nursing recruitment policy in scotland. am i a foot soldier now?

edit: dunno how to soften the tone of what i've just posted (frankly i cant be arsed) but i dont want this to feel like an attack, SK, it isn't meant as such. the nursing issue is obviously personal and therefore emotive, thats understandable. my point is purely that you wouldn't dole out insults framed by the colour of a persons skin or gender (i feel pretty confident you wouldn't), i don't see political persuasion being any different in this case. just call them a **** next time.
__________________
A great place and its people are not renewed lightly.
The caked layers of grime grow warm, like homely coats.
But yet they will be dislodged and men will still be warm.
The old coats are discarded. The old ice is loosed. The old seeds are awake.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by crusty_bint; February 12th, 2016 at 07:22 PM.
crusty_bint no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2016, 02:09 PM   #12871
boabthomas
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 253
Likes (Received): 53

Let's wrap this argument up and move on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrelking View Post
And if the Scottish NHS is so wonderful go get a nurses job. Oh wait, you can't because they've all been replaced by bank staff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrelking View Post
Don't get me wrong, I know we are a heck of a lot better off up here than down there, I just believe it's not nearly as good as some people like to think.
__________________

crusty_bint liked this post

Last edited by boabthomas; February 12th, 2016 at 02:17 PM.
boabthomas no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2016, 02:53 PM   #12872
Squirrelking
Sciurius Regalis
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,461
Likes (Received): 302

Quote:
Originally Posted by crusty_bint View Post
so because i haven't disagreed with you so far? well you aren't the only one who knows people who work in the nhs in various different capacities and i don't agree with your perspective on nursing recruitment policy in scotland. am i a foot soldier now?

edit: dunno how to soften the tone of what i've just posted (frankly i cant be arsed) but i dont want this to feel like an attack, SK, it isn't meant as such. the nursing issue is obviously personal and therefore emotive, thats understandable. my point is purely that you wouldn't dole out insults framed by the colour of a persons skin colour or gender (i feel pretty confident you wouldn't), i don't see political persuasion being any different in this case. just call them a **** next time.
No, not because you haven't disagreed but because you are objective. All I really take umbrage at, on either side, is a complete lack of objectivity.

And yes, I agree, as I said it was a source of amusement however misplaced.

I probably could find something more amusing to do but for a variety of reasons that wasn't a real option at the time.

Boab - quite.
__________________

crusty_bint liked this post
Squirrelking no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2016, 09:41 PM   #12873
anonymous_redrum
Registered User
 
anonymous_redrum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 1,079
Likes (Received): 145

The new unionist mantra is 'oh you are just another one who believes/quotes the figures'. I have heard this quite a few times recently.

Last edited by anonymous_redrum; February 12th, 2016 at 10:22 PM.
anonymous_redrum no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2016, 10:35 PM   #12874
Squirrelking
Sciurius Regalis
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,461
Likes (Received): 302

Johnny

Take.A.*******.Hint.
Squirrelking no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2016, 01:43 AM   #12875
anonymous_redrum
Registered User
 
anonymous_redrum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 1,079
Likes (Received): 145

? Well it is true. How about you take the hint that you are completely wrong on this issue?

Your lot should also quit it with the 'foot soldier' pish aswell. 'Snp nazis', 'foot soldiers', 'nats', 'cybernats', 'totalitarian', 'one party state', 'blind followers', utterly disgraceful nonsense.

The unionists go on about the SNP not being open to criticism, when that is the stuff they are spewing out about the opposition constantly.

On another note, gotta love Sturgeon welcoming junior doctors from England up here on ITV news. The Independent called it 'inflammatory', then seemed to close the comment section. They are hurting big time that Scotland is speaking up for itself and competing, while the Tories rip Britain apart by their own volition.

Last edited by anonymous_redrum; February 14th, 2016 at 02:23 AM.
anonymous_redrum no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2016, 10:27 AM   #12876
CalumCookable
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,047
Likes (Received): 164

More "global stage" pish.

US says the UK needs Trident to maintain 'outsized role on global stage'

Quote:
(US Defence Secretary) Carter told the BBC that Trident enables Britain to "continue to play that outsized role on the global stage that it does because of its moral standing and its historical standing".
These warmongers are completely unhinged, it's terrifying. Imagine believing that British foreign policy has a high "moral standing". Scotland should have got out when we had the chance.

Quote:
We depend upon the United Kingdom, the United Kingdom depends on us, that's part of the special relationship. We build Joint Strike Fighters together, we build Trident missiles together.
What a sweet message for Valentine's Day. #BetterTogether #BombingTogether
__________________

StephenP liked this post
CalumCookable no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2016, 12:36 PM   #12877
bestbud
Registered User
 
bestbud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 3,780
Likes (Received): 1213

Can't really disagree with Brian Wilson's column in yesterday's Scotsman.

Brian Wilson: Leave us Scots to our grievance agenda


Quote:
In common with the great majority of the population, I cannot summon much blow-by-blow interest in the great fiscal framework saga. Wake me up when there’s an outcome. Meanwhile, the pre-ordained script is proving tedious in its predictability.

Whatever financial formula was offered to accompany new powers would never be enough. However “no detriment” was defined, it would be disputed. Whatever financial risk was transferred, it would be too much. However a vow might be fulfilled, it would be a betrayal. We are bang on script.

...

As long as there is a grievance agenda to hide behind, it seems half of Scotland is utterly uninterested in that possibility. Which is why, one way or another, the grievance agenda will be preserved at all costs.

Read more: http://www.scotsman.com/news/brian-w...#ixzz408pI2HAN
Follow us: @TheScotsman on Twitter | TheScotsmanNewspaper on Facebook
http://www.scotsman.com/news/brian-w...enda-1-4029145
bestbud no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2016, 12:58 PM   #12878
Squirrelking
Sciurius Regalis
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,461
Likes (Received): 302

How about just for once you stop trying to provoke an argument. We agreed to drop it, could you do likewise?

Johnny that is...
Squirrelking no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2016, 02:51 PM   #12879
crusty_bint
control yourself
 
crusty_bint's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: InYourFace
Posts: 4,011
Likes (Received): 796

Quote:
Originally Posted by bestbud View Post
Can't really disagree with Brian Wilson's column in yesterday's Scotsman.

Leave us Scots to our grievance agenda[/B]
http://www.scotsman.com/news/brian-w...enda-1-4029145
help yourselves
__________________
A great place and its people are not renewed lightly.
The caked layers of grime grow warm, like homely coats.
But yet they will be dislodged and men will still be warm.
The old coats are discarded. The old ice is loosed. The old seeds are awake.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
crusty_bint no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2016, 04:38 PM   #12880
boabthomas
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 253
Likes (Received): 53

The Scottish Government are trying to get the best possible deal for Scotland.

Brian Wilson (whose hatred of the SNP is near unmatched) and BestBud's take on it - let's have a go at them over it.
Go figure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bestbud View Post
Can't really disagree with Brian Wilson's column in yesterday's Scotsman.

Brian Wilson: Leave us Scots to our grievance agenda

Last edited by boabthomas; February 14th, 2016 at 04:45 PM.
boabthomas no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
obsessednationalists

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 10:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu