SkyscraperCity Forum banner

[BG] Bulgaria | road infrastructure • Автомагистрали

2M views 10K replies 541 participants last post by  SevenSlavicTribes 
#1 · (Edited)
Let's start a thread about Bulgarian motorways and other highways.

See less See more
#67 ·
funny it´s your hobby, to me it´s not my hobby but i quite like to drive on new shiny motorways, does anyone have a pic of the tunnel of the trakya motorway? And bgrs, you told in the other thread bulgaria did not build struma motorway becase of corruption, don´t you know EU did not give money to build the Struma motorway? It would be ready or it would be to Sandanski or Kresna if EU had given money by time, they are ready to give money now but they were not ready give it back in 2002 or so. I can pick out link where you can see this, all people in Bulgaria are complaining about that Struma motorway not build fast enough but they don´t ´know the facts.

#68 ·
because it is interesting. I am interested in all motorways around the world. Everyone it's own hobby eh.
yes I understand people have hobbies (between skyscrapers or highways, they're both equally bizarre to others), but to create a whole thread dedicated to Bulgarian highways seems strange to me. I understand some countries have awesome highways, with scenery and everything, but in Bulgarian highways, the little that there is, are rather boring

#69 ·
Well, actually I think the A2 is a very interesting motorway, and very picturesque also, with tunnels and viaducts. It reminded me a lot of Austrian motorways when I traveled on it back in 2004... Well, almost: the asphalt was very bad... :runaway:

Anyway, it's a very great thing that Bulgaria built even those few motorway sections, and now the Struma Motorway - the investment should definitely pay off, in terms of environment and traffic fluidity. To the north, in Romania, our 2-laned "national roads" are now jam-packed with cars and trucks (not to mention the occasional horse-drawn cart or tractor), because our politicians were (and maybe still are) too stupid to see the importance of building a decent motorway system (or any motorway section at all for 10 straight years, for that matter).

Someone on this thread said that, ironically, Ruse is only connected to a foreign capital (Bucharest) via 4-lane road, and not to Sofia. Well, here in western Romania, my hometown is (almost) connected to Budapest by the M5 motorway (which is some 50 km away, near Szeged). In order to get to Bucharest, however, we have to drive some 500 km on crappy 2-lane roads that enter every god-forsaken village along the way.:bash:

#70 ·
Well, actually I think the A2 is a very interesting motorway, and very picturesque also, with tunnels and viaducts. It reminded me a lot of Austrian motorways when I traveled on it back in 2004... Well, almost: the asphalt was very bad... :runaway:

Anyway, it's a very great thing that Bulgaria built even those few motorway sections, and now the Struma Motorway - the investment should definitely pay off, in terms of environment and traffic fluidity. To the north, in Romania, our 2-laned "national roads" are now jam-packed with cars and trucks (not to mention the occasional horse-drawn cart or tractor), because our politicians were (and maybe still are) too stupid to see the importance of building a decent motorway system (or any motorway section at all for 10 straight years, for that matter).

Someone on this thread said that, ironically, Ruse is only connected to a foreign capital (Bucharest) via 4-lane road, and not to Sofia. Well, here in western Romania, my hometown is (almost) connected to Budapest by the M5 motorway (which is some 50 km away, near Szeged). In order to get to Bucharest, however, we have to drive some 500 km on crappy 2-lane roads that enter every god-forsaken village along the way.:bash:
Struma motorway will be the best and most picturesque motorway in whole Bulgaria, you will see the only really high Bulgarian mountains there and the quality will kick ass, i was blown away when i first travelled on. They worked extremly good and now it looks really modern, it also will have many bridges but Tunnels i don´t know, it won´t have that many but it still willbe a great motorway.

#71 ·
yes I understand people have hobbies (between skyscrapers or highways, they're both equally bizarre to others), but to create a whole thread dedicated to Bulgarian highways seems strange to me. I understand some countries have awesome highways, with scenery and everything, but in Bulgarian highways, the little that there is, are rather boring
Take a look here We have threads about virtually any country of the world. Much more extensive than on the SSC section. :banana:

#72 ·
Yeah Chris, there´s not much acivity, jsut a few fans etc post motorways and taht´s all, we sometimes have like 2 posts a day in this section. I think chris starte dthis thread because he saw me posting pics of the new Struma motorway and so he wanted see how other motorways in Bulgaria look like.

#74 · (Edited)
I have a question, about crash barriers, as i see in the above pics, in most of them the barrier is only placed in the center to divide the two lanes, but isn't there a barrier always placed in the right of the road as well? or is it just an old motorway that doesn't have em?
The barriers of right and left side are only placed when it is dangerous and goes down at the side. You can see that on the Slovenian motorways aswell. Chris you are crazy, i saw you talking and posting pics of this thread in the netherlands snellwegen or how it was forum. but it´s good, you know more about Bulgarian motorways as some stupid Bulgarian kids.

#75 ·
^^ :lol:

have a question, about crash barriers, as i see in the above pics, in most of them the barrier is only placed in the center to divide the two lanes, but isn't there a barrier always placed in the right of the road as well? or is it just an old motorway that doesn't have em?
We have a lot of motorway which don't have barriers on both sides, because there is often enough space. I even favor motorways with no barriers on the right side, so you can park your car there if there is a breakdown. (parking on the emergency lane is extremely dangerous with our load of traffic on the roads).

#77 ·
as long as the signage and asphalt is okay, it's no problem to travel a motorway. I wouldn't care about the crash barrier too much. In Belgium, everything is rusty too. Bulgaria probably has better motorways than Belgium has a few years ago. Everything was crap there.

#78 ·
as long as the signage and asphalt is okay, it's no problem to travel a motorway. I wouldn't care about the crash barrier too much. In Belgium, everything is rusty too. Bulgaria probably has better motorways than Belgium has a few years ago. Everything was crap there.
It is correct man but i like more to travel on a modern even futuristic looking motorway than to travel on a rusty shit.

#79 ·
This is how the Belgium E25 looks:

Pretty shitty, i can tell you. Much of the Belgium road network used to be in this condition until like 4 years ago, when they start rebuilding their road network. However, in the Wallonia region, most local roads are still filled with potholes.

So don't worry that there are bad roads in Bulgaria, they will be reconstructed someday.

#80 ·
Chris i vorry that we still have noone single mootrway which connects one border with the other border like any civilazed counry should have, we have no motorway serbia greece and no motorway serbia turkey, we also don´t have motorway to Romania, how is this possible? Thisi is fucking awful and i know they can construct motorways, i saw it myself, the struma is the best example.