search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > Projects and Construction > Manchester Metro Area

Manchester Metro Area For Manchester, Salford and the surrounding area.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 12th, 2017, 06:27 PM   #7561
markydeedrop
John 3:16

Likes (Received): 3205

Select Property Group appoints celebrated chef

Quote:

Celebrated chef Tim Allen has been announced as executive director of food and beverage at Select Property Group.

The announcement comes as the company elevates its focus on the food and beverage industry, with the Group opening its first joint venture restaurant with Tim in central Manchester in the Spring of next year.

As well as the upcoming launch of the joint venture restaurant on Chapel Street, next to Select’s luxury serviced apartments, CitySuites, Tim will be working with each of Select’s customer focussed brand teams.
Full article here:

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co....rated-13606818

VDB, purple_cat, GShutty, AbidM, OCMCR liked this post
markydeedrop no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 13th, 2017, 05:35 PM   #7562
he-bloke

Likes (Received): 384

Quote:
Originally Posted by l o t p View Post
My Thai is open now. Cash only at the moment though.
Do they take card the the John Dalton Street one?
he-bloke no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2017, 07:41 PM   #7563
Keith_Andrew

Likes (Received): 2131

All branded up.

Also, can recommend Flok in the NQ. Very nice.

Keith_Andrew está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2017, 10:44 PM   #7564
l o t p
Fantasy Black Channel!

Likes (Received): 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by he-bloke View Post
Do they take card the the John Dalton Street one?
I was referring to John Dalton St. Haven't been in the Tib St one.
l o t p no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2017, 12:49 PM   #7565
flange

Likes (Received): 2787

Frizzenti now confirmed for Halle Place in the Arndale.

Quote:
Frizzenti

Premises Licence (new)

201586/RP5

Frizzenti, Central Mall Kiosk, Arndale Centre, Market Street, Manchester, M4 3AQ

Fizzbar Retail Limited

A summary of the application is as follows:

Trading hours for the supply of alcohol for consumption both on and off the premises:

Mon to Sat 0700 to 2200

Sunday 0900 to 1900

Proposed opening hours for the premises:

Mon to Sat 0700 to 2200

Sunday 0900 to 1900

Seasonal Variations:

Bank Holidays 0900 to 1900
http://www.manchester.gov.uk/info/20...applications/6

boyaloud liked this post
flange no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2017, 01:45 PM   #7566
markydeedrop

First occupiers announced for Arndale’s latest food hall

Quote:

M&G Real Estate and Intu have confirmed the first three brands to join the line-up at Halle Place, Manchester Arndale’s new £11m food and beverage development.

The 25,000 sq ft fully refurbished space, previously occupied by shops, will house Tapas Revolution, Barburrito and The Fizz! Bar by Frizzenti, in the first three of 10 new eateries being created. The Arndale already has two food halls, next to the market and in the extension anchored by Next.

At Halle Place, Tapas Revolution, the tapas restaurant group founded by Spanish TV chef Omar Allibhoy, will open its first restaurant in Manchester as part of its growth plan beyond the capital. The 2,800 sq ft restaurant has been secured on a 15-year lease.

Barburrito will trade from a 2,100 sq ft unit on a 15-year lease. Finally, “styled on Sophia Loren and Capri in Italy”, The Fizz! Bar by Frizzenti will be opening a new 1,300 sq ft Prosecco Bar on a 10-year lease.

As well as providing a host of casual dining brands in a bespoke new eating and drinking hub, the Halle Square redevelopment will facilitate the provision of a major new 28,000 sq ft flagship store for JD Sports, which is launching a new concept store. This letting sees JD Sports sign a 15-year lease.

Kannika Mall, asset manager at M&G Real Estate, said: “The immediate demand from restaurant brands for space in a designated dining zone has served as evidence of an untapped market within Manchester city centre for a casual dining offer. Three of the ten units have already been snapped up and ongoing discussions are taking place with a host of other established and up-and-coming food and drink businesses. We are confident that Halle Place will become a popular and bustling, all-day dining destination for people from across the region and add to the appeal of this dominant city centre shopping environment.”

Manchester Arndale is owned jointly by M&G Real Estate and Intu, and is managed by CBRE. The retained agents are JLL and Metis Real Estate Advisors.
https://www.placenorthwest.co.uk/new...est-food-hall/
Old September 15th, 2017, 02:14 PM   #7567
Keith_Andrew

Carluccio’s is having a mini refresh it appears.

http://keithandrew.media/

yesevil liked this post
Old September 15th, 2017, 02:40 PM   #7568
VDB
Ed

Likes (Received): 24581

God almighty I bet they're rubbing their hands together with 1S opening soon. So many new customers...

Keith_Andrew, boyaloud, atharii liked this post
VDB no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2017, 02:49 PM   #7569
Keith_Andrew

Indeed. To be fair, they've had two years of losing trade I expect due to the building works on their doorstop - it's about time for their pay off. :-)
Old September 15th, 2017, 08:40 PM   #7570
markydeedrop

Pizza Express to open new Chorlton restaurant

Quote:
Known for being a haven of independent restaurants, bars and shops, big chain names are few and far between in Chorlton.

But now casual dining giant Pizza Express has set its sights on the south Manchester suburb, submitting plans to open inside the former social services building at 102 Manchester Road, next door to organic grocery co-op Unicorn.

The area is already home to independent pizzerias such as Double Zero on Barlow Moor Road and Croma on Wilbraham Road.

The Pizza Express plans have sparked mixed reaction among residents online.

Writing on the Chorlton Facebook group, one resident said: "Got Croma, Double Zero, why need Pizza Express? Just go Didsbury if you're that unhappy with the local pizza joints."

Another added: "Seems a strange place for them to open TBH. Good luck to them."

One supporter wrote: "Consistently good food at competitive prices if you can find a voucher. Surprised there isn't one here already and hopefully raise the bar."

Another resident added: "You're all moaning about this, just as people moaned about a Costa being introduced. But people do go there. It will be a commercial success.

"I think it is sad for the local economy to have a national company suck money out of the area, but there you go."

A Pizza Express spokeswoman said the restaurant was scheduled to open next year subject to planning and licensing approval.
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co....urant-13622343

boyaloud liked this post
Old September 16th, 2017, 04:37 AM   #7571
manc

Likes (Received): 253

Visited Botanist and Alchemist at MediaCity this eve... Mainly due to it being payday. Botanist is a great place- nice staff, friendly atmosphere. Alchemist was just as up its own arse as it is in Spinningfields and New York Street. The most unwelcoming entrance to a bar I've had in a while. Lovely view mind.

There was also a random Waxi cluttering up the place. I'd been under the impression they went down the Bridgewater Canal down by Old Trafford rather than the Ship Canal.
Old September 16th, 2017, 01:16 PM   #7572
PotreroHill

Likes (Received): 1804

Ha! I love the look of those Alchemist places (and I'm glad they sparkle up the city) but not quite sure I could bring myself to enter one.
PotreroHill no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2017, 04:32 AM   #7573
AJD1984

Likes (Received): 9811

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith_Andrew View Post

Also, can recommend Flok in the NQ. Very nice.
Went for a beer today. Got some great Crafts in there. Weird bar though. Its got a deli, a bar and a hairdresser downstairs (in the former Bank vaults).

GShutty liked this post
AJD1984 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2017, 04:52 AM   #7574
Keith_Andrew

They're awesome - no reason not to go in.
Old September 18th, 2017, 03:53 AM   #7575
l o t p
Fantasy Black Channel!

Likes (Received): 160

Pizza Express in Chorlton, who cares? If anything it's a bad thing as it opens the door to more commercial chains and pitches rates up.
l o t p no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2017, 01:58 PM   #7576
PotreroHill

Likes (Received): 1804

Has anybody drank and eaten in the Molly House? Putting together a bit of an iternary of bars/pubs for friends visiting in mid October (I'm going to struggle to fit many in one day).
The Molly House came up as a potential 'off the beaten track, interesting boozer'. I've never been but it's picked up some great reviews (and the food looks interesting too).
Refuge, Albert's Schloss, Oast House (just to wander around Spinningfields but not ending up in the likes of the Alchemist which really isn't bag), NQ (if we make it that far) too.
I'm all ears for further suggestions!

Cheers.

VDB liked this post
PotreroHill no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2017, 02:21 PM   #7577
BenC77

Likes (Received): 42

Molly House is great. It's my go to bar when I'm out in the Village, although never eaten there yet.

Went into The Brink on John Dalton Street the other day. It's tiny, but they do some interesting beers and lagers there. Also the Gas Lamp opposite.

Also The Gas Works on First Street.

Manchester Smokehouse and Cellar is pretty good a good for both food and drink. 50% off most food on a Monday too.

Cafe Beermoth on Brown Street.

Liquorice just off King Street is also OK. On a pedestrian street and has some outdoor space.

Last edited by BenC77; September 20th, 2017 at 02:27 PM.
BenC77 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2017, 03:04 PM   #7578
VDB
Ed

Likes (Received): 24581

Depending on what music you're into I can only recommend Corbieres off St Anns Square. Really great little underground bar, decent prices, with a jukebox too.

PotreroHill liked this post
VDB no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2017, 03:30 PM   #7579
rick9525

Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by manc View Post
Visited Botanist and Alchemist at MediaCity this eve... Mainly due to it being payday. Botanist is a great place- nice staff, friendly atmosphere. Alchemist was just as up its own arse as it is in Spinningfields and New York Street. The most unwelcoming entrance to a bar I've had in a while. Lovely view mind.

There was also a random Waxi cluttering up the place. I'd been under the impression they went down the Bridgewater Canal down by Old Trafford rather than the Ship Canal.

Waxi Taxi had to wait for a bridge to be refurbished and these boats were always meant for the ship canal due to their higher speed. They said the will continue the sale run with more pleasure style boats.
rick9525 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2017, 03:40 PM   #7580
BenC77

Likes (Received): 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick9525 View Post
Waxi Taxi had to wait for a bridge to be refurbished and these boats were always meant for the ship canal due to their higher speed. They said the will continue the sale run with more pleasure style boats.
It was down to the Ordsall Curve work and the bridge work around there.

I believe the original plan was to have a landing stage built outside the Lowry Hotel as the city centre starting point.
BenC77 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
manchester, public houses, pubs