SkyscraperCity Forum banner

(Northeast US) Buffalo and Rochester.

7K views 84 replies 22 participants last post by  Third of a kind 
#1 ·
Western New York's major urban areas.

Rochester!

Buffalo!

A little something extra for you. Buffalo's Canadian neighbor, Hamilton, Ontario!

See less See more
#78 · (Edited)
can't we all just along?
both cities are in the same sad predicament
and both cities should be marketed together to bring outside companies in that fit in with either Roc or Buff

:grouphug:

edit:
I was just saying instead of competing against each other for small scraps, we should combine assets to market to outside companies.
we all know that Albany won't be the saving grace.

I mean having an Upstate Development guy might help, but I'll hold my breath until I see some factual evidence that his job is worth what they pay him.

#79 ·
yea, and if a pig had wings it could fly away.

as much as there might be a politically correct "request" for koom-by-yaaa between the two metros...they are still two different starving dogs when Albany throws a steak in the cage.

60 miles apart and each has to fight to get what it has, and keep from taking any more losses...IMO, its a tough battle.

Albany should be the ones working Buffalo and Rochester together...atleast in shared highways, waste, power and utilities...like a high speed rail? :)

anyways...I see your point, buts its a pipedream.

#81 ·
much appreciated...yes, once we get out of this cold shit...we will be in ROC shooting quite a bit. I'll hit you with a PM.

There are some places we are looking at this year...so far Buffalo is pretty muc hready to go, but in ROC I wanna do the Corn Hill neighborhood district as well as some old industrial areas we stumbled across.

I'll get an idea of what I wanna shoot and then I'll run it by you for some backing info...to know what we might be getting into. lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.