SkyscraperCity Forum banner

2006: My year in sports

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Evergrey 
#1 ·
Since a few others have looked back at their 2006 pictures to end the year, I figured I would do the same. I decided to do something a little different though: I wanted to showcase my times and travels from the sporting events that I attended.

These pictures don't just include Philadelphia venues; pictures fro my road trips are included.

Also included in the thread are pictures that I've never gotten around to showing, and pictures that are brand new. You'll see pictures from the Eagles game against Jacksonville in October that I never got around to shoing, as well as pictures of the Eagles game against Atlanta from yesterday. You'll also get to see Frawley Stadium, home to the Wilmington Blue Rocks, looks like.

February 4
Wing Bowl 14, Philadelphia PA

An entourage makes it's way around the arena.

The Oasis Strip Club girls show their assets to the crowd. (Don't bother looking, you won't see any details.)

Round 1

El Wingador announces his retirement from Wing Bowl.

El Wingador gets inducted into the Wing Bowl Hall of Fame and has his name hung in the rafters.

More eating.

Instant replay of projectile vomit.

A winner is announced: Joey Chestnut

February 8
New York Islanders at Philadelphia Flyers (WIN)

Mike Richards gets a hat trick.

April 7
Philadelphia Flyers at Buffalo Sabres (WIN)

June 29
Philadelphia Phillies at Baltimore Orioles (WIN)

August 2
Philadelphia Eagles Training Camp, Allentown PA

August 9
Hockey Hall of Fame, Toronto ON

August 12
Cincinnati Reds at Philadelphia Phillies (LOSS)

Caught in time: I took this picture right as Ryan Howard connected for a game-tying home run.

August 20
Lynchburg Hillcats at Wilmington Blue Rocks (LOSS)

Frawley Stadium

The Wilmington skyline from Frawley Stadium.

October 22
Philadelphia Eagles at Tampa Bay Buccaneers (LOSS)

October 29
Jacksonville Jaguars at Philadelphia Eagles (LOSS)

November 11
Buffalo Sabres at Philadelphia Flyers (LOSS)

December 2
New Jersey Devils at Philadelphia Flyers (LOSS)

My first shootout.

December 31
Atlanta Falcons at Philadelphia Eagles (WIN)

The Philadelphia skyline from the top of the stadium at the south end zone.

The players come out onto the field.

The crowd gets pumped up for the game. "Rocky" clips and the Rocky theme play on the screen to remind Eagles players of the sports culture in Philly.

First quarter action.

The Eagles score!

The Eagles Fight Song on the screen.

The Falcons are backed up to their own end zone.

Jason Avant scores!

Hank Baskett scores a 90 yard touchdown!

The Falcons make one last attempt at the end of the game.

The Falcons try to tie the game up. An incomplete pass on 4th down ended the drive.

The Eagles win!

2006 NFC East Champs! Who would've espected the Eagles to win the division when McNabb went down?

I'll close the thread with a tribute to the Vet.

See less See more
#5 ·
I also didn't mention that a third of all of the people at the game were Phillies fans.:)

Nice thread, and great stadiums/arenas...except for Wilmington, where are all the people? Looks like a decent ballpark, but theres nobody there!
The heat index was close to 110º that day. No one likes sitting in that kind of heat.

#3 ·
This just shows you how great of a sports town Philly is and what great sports fans Philly has. I may plan a trip to Philly next year to see a hockey game, depending on where and when I am working. Nice pics, again, Matt! Great to see some good memories, particularly of the Sabres.

#8 ·
I saw the Orioles play the Rangers in Camden Yards a few years ago when my friend had tickets but couldn't use them. Other than that, I have only seen Philly teams play.

I want to visit historic stadiums and arenas before they get torn down, like Yankee Stadium. My schedule is always packed, so it will be tough to see a Philly team up there. I might have to settle for watching a random team.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.