SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Wingbar | Off-Topic Discussions

549K views 5K replies 99 participants last post by  fubo 
#1 ·
Continued from the second thread

I had tried opening the thread a few times, and each time, my browser crashed. I don't know what was posted in there to make it do that, and I don't know if that was just on my end, but we're starting a new thread so that at least I don't have to deal with that.

#7 · (Edited)
You're not alone, it crashed mine repeatedly as well. On two different computers no less.

I love snow. I wish it were doing so right now. Shit, it's the weekend, open the floodgates.

Buffalo snow doesn't have the character of New England snow, though. Theirs often comes from Nor'easters, which are more organized and not as prone to the whims of fads as lake effect. Plus it tends to last longer. Like November to May. Ours is too transient to be authentic.

Of course, one thing lake effect has going for it is the fact that it's more local in nature. Some of those big chain Nor'easters can get annoying.

#12 · (Edited)
My computer will be 6 this year. That's about 4x longer than my previous record.

Of course, that's just the box. Just about every replaceable interior component has been replaced at least once. I've just about maxed it out. All that and I'm not even one of those custom computer-building tech geeks.

Next is probably going to be a Mac Pro. I'm sick and tired of PCs. Time to buy something that actually works somewhat reliably and isn't beholden to Microsoft.

Considering buying a cheap second-hand laptop for running CADrail and the model railroad itself, too... DCC is soooo yesterday, I think I just might bypass it entirely! ;) Nah, probably not, nothing beats manual control...

#40 ·
Sherkston is on Lake Erie about 10 miles west of Buffalo, near Port Colbone, Ontario. The "Sherkston" name is generally applied to Sherkston Shores, a laid-back resort area filled mostly with permanent, elaborate trailer homes; however, there is also a small hamlet of about 20 houses nearby that is called "Sherkston".