daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > OZScrapers > Urban Spaces > Skyscraper News & Discussion

View Poll Results: Best Australian Residential +200m
Eureka 31 40.26%
Q1 23 29.87%
World Tower 6 7.79%
Circle on Caville 1 1.30%
Aurora 2 2.60%
Freshwater Place 14 18.18%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old January 26th, 2006, 07:06 PM   #1
360 Modena
F1.06

Likes (Received): 0

Australias Best Residential Tower +200m

No, this thread is not about heights, its about the quality of the apartments such as -
pacticality
design
etc..

Only built/construction towers for now i think, as the proposed don't have much to show. Sorry about crappy photos

Eureka

Q1

World Tower

Couldn't find a picture of CoC

Aurora

Freshwater Place

Sponsored Links

Old January 26th, 2006, 11:39 PM   #2
LA53R
At the Reef

Likes (Received): 1

I voted for E cause it looks more Homely
Q1 does look flash tho!
Old January 27th, 2006, 02:43 AM   #3
Mephisto

Likes (Received): 11

I'd say FWP.
Mephisto no está en línea  
Old January 27th, 2006, 03:37 AM   #4
Malt
Its a sleepy little town

Likes (Received): 67

Eureka and Q1 are out...

Its between Aurora, Freshwater Place, World Tower
Malt no está en línea  
Old January 27th, 2006, 04:13 AM   #5
BrizzyChris

Likes (Received): 540

I like WT, but FWP looks quite nice too. Aurora looks fairly homely, but too small a pic to tell.
BrizzyChris no está en línea  
Old January 27th, 2006, 04:30 AM   #6
Oriolus
OzScrapers Moderator

Likes (Received): 236

I'm not just being negative when I say that, quite frankly I don't care. I'm only interested in it's external aspects. Just like the people who buy these apartments supposedly don't care if the building looks like crap on the outside. I mean all new apartments look pretty sweet to me but then I've got mould on the wall next to me and there's a soft patch in the bathroom floor...

Visit me on flickr
Oriolus no está en línea  
Old January 27th, 2006, 08:34 AM   #7
Locke
alright, kick-ass

Likes (Received): 332

I say Q1 wins this by a mile. Being a resort type tower it has more facilities - ie the numerous pools, beachclub skygarden, restaurants etc. Biggest lobby etc etc.

I don't think CBD towers have room to offer that. Plus you got location, you're right next to the beach!

BTW, there is now a website for the Q1 penthouse at www.q1penthouse.com

Last edited by Locke; January 27th, 2006 at 08:48 AM.
Locke no está en línea  
Old January 27th, 2006, 12:19 PM   #8
CULWULLA

Likes (Received): 1502

^wow, yes Q1 would be have finest base and ground areas on any resi tower in Australia. Developers Sunland were pretty lucky in sitting Q1 on only a small portion of a entire city block.
Cant say too much yet about ConC because its only half built but the ground areas look f-a-b.
Ive only seen World Tower inside and out and thats a bloody great complex.
all the towers mentioned in the poll are excellent projects.
Old January 27th, 2006, 01:59 PM   #9
Grollo
Developer

Likes (Received): 287

FWP and Eureka have the best location by far if you are actually going to live in the apartment rather than just go for a holiday.
Old January 27th, 2006, 02:12 PM   #10
CULWULLA

Likes (Received): 1502

^ arent most of Q1's units owner occupier?
anyway i think the upcoming S0UL will have finest location for a highrise unit block in OZ.
Old January 27th, 2006, 02:25 PM   #11
zach24

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grollo
FWP and Eureka have the best location by far if you are actually going to live in the apartment rather than just go for a holiday.
of course they are....cause they are both in melbourne
zach24 no está en línea  
Old January 27th, 2006, 02:30 PM   #12
Rachmaninov

Likes (Received): 17

I think the internal doesn't matter really. You can in theory do whatever you like in your flat!
Rachmaninov no está en línea  
Old January 27th, 2006, 02:41 PM   #13
Grollo
Developer

The facilities in Freshwater place are superb. Here is the blurb from the brochure:

Freshwater Place – an urban village

It is designed as an urban village and a new way of living…
Inspired by the famous urban spaces of Europe and Australia, Freshwater Place will be an exciting precinct, combining residential, commercial and retail uses with Queensbridge Square, a new civic space. Queensbridge Square will be the front entry to this new landmark project positioned between Freshwater Place and the river.

Freshwater Place will complete the river promenade, linking Southgate to Crown, with Queensbridge Square the dramatic centrepiece. The refurbished Sandridge Bridge will link the Northbank area to the Souhbank promenade, providing pedestrians with immediate access to Queensbridge Square and Freshwater Place’s internal piazza.

The ground level within Freshwater Place consists of an internal piazza with four radiating laneways that will be home to a multitude of shops. These shops will provide all the practical day to day needs of local residents. Anticipated uses include restaurants, dry cleaner, newsagency, pharmacy, bakery, gourmet grocer, hair/beauty salon, cofee shop, florist,
etc. Freshwater Place is designed to be a dynamic environment and will become the definitive selfsufficient urban village. It will be like living in a convenient and friendly Parisian neighbourhood.

Located on level 10, the 25m indoor pool pavilion and spa sits within more than half an acre of private garden available exclusively to residents. All apartment residents have direct access to this level, where a complete gymnasium area will include six TV screens with wireless audio available, dressing facilities, massage rooms, plus a steam and sauna room adjoining the pool pavilion.

The garden design is based on sweeping curves and soft natural forms to balance the clean geometry of the buildings. Barbecue terraces along the northern edge provide for traditional ‘back garden’ hospitality with a panoramic outlook over the river and the CBD.
The water harvesting system will ensure that the half acre rooftop garden is well watered all year round.
An elegant private function room with kitchen facilities, can also be booked for meetings and private dinner parties. A business centre includes full support for all business requirements with audio conferencing, internet cabling and fixed data/ video projector.

Imagine swimming through the air 40 floors up, relaxing on the pool deck lounges whilst gazing out over Albert Park Lake, Port Phillip Bay, the city, Southbank and beyond.With 270 degree views, highrise and podium residents can enjoy exclusive facilities in spectacular surroundings. Level 40 facilities feature a two-lane lap pool and spa bath. With water cascading over the sides, you’ll feel like you could swim clear across the bay. And with specially designed windows, where else can you relax in sauna and steam rooms while experiencing panoramic views across all of Melbourne?

Fully equipped with private massage rooms, change facilities and a convivial reception area, Level 40 also includes a complete gym with three televisions, wireless audio and an extensive range of exercise equipment. The adjacent Media Lounge features widescreen digital free-to-air TV, DVD, VHS all with digital surround sound. The room is also serviced by bar and sink facilities provided.

Old January 27th, 2006, 02:48 PM   #14
Grollo
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zach24
No because they are in the absolute prime location in the heart of Southbank, if you don't know what is within walking distance of these towers I suggest you look it up because it is way too much to list here.

World Tower is not in the best location in Sydney as well.
Old January 27th, 2006, 02:52 PM   #15
MelboyPete
Proud Melbournian

Likes (Received): 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by zach24
As usual your sarcasm really doesn't add any value to the discussion.
I really don't know what your issues are, it appears you have a few.
I was under the impression this thread was to discuss common interests on 'skyscrapers and what they entail....not on hanging 'shit' on people's opinions.
I won't be surprised if you have some kind of 'retort' ....however I would be surprised if you didn't go 'tit for tat'.....it appears to be your persona.
Have a nice day....
MelboyPete no está en línea  
Old January 27th, 2006, 03:23 PM   #16
uewepuep

Likes (Received): 19

FWP for me. I love the huge windows.
uewepuep no está en línea  
Old January 27th, 2006, 04:17 PM   #17
JayT
Like whatever....

Likes (Received): 391

Quote:
LOL
Thats a very ignorant comment - you know nothing about GC. Most people who live in Q1 are owner occupiers - same for Soul.

Personally I think the best location is World Tower - now if it was in Darlinghurst or Kings Cross it would be even better. Yes Southerners, Europeans and Asians may holiday on the Gold Coast but Half a Million (500,000) people live there!! And last I heard Surfers Paradse was the *second most densly populated postcode after Elizabeth Bay in Sydney!!!

Be educated for once

*note - that figure was at the time of the last census, before Q1 was built. Its quite possible that at the time of the next census with Circle finished Surfers will be the most densly populated postcode in Australia.
Old January 27th, 2006, 04:32 PM   #18
JayT
Like whatever....

Likes (Received): 391

Quote:
No because they are in the absolute prime location in the heart of Southbank, if you don't know what is within walking distance of these towers I suggest you look it up because it is way too much to list here.
There might be plenty within walking distance but to go anywhere decent you still need a car to get around. Transport in Melbourne closes after midnight and taking a taxi to say Collingwood, St Kilda or Prahran for a night out is very expensive. Even with lots of apartments its still too spread out for my liking.

As I said I'd like to be at the centre of it all - nowhere in Melbourne offers that. GC is too small and only Brisbane and Sydney come close with their combination of density and things to do withing close proximity.

Horizon in Sydney would be the best location of any apartment building in Australia - not only are you close to everything - nightlife, work, ect - you have great views "of" the city rather than views in the city.
Old January 27th, 2006, 04:34 PM   #19
Giorgio

Likes (Received): 340

Q1. My favourite new tower in the world.
I especially was fascinated by its stunning base.
Old January 27th, 2006, 04:56 PM   #20
KJBrissy

Likes (Received): 790

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayT
There might be plenty within walking distance but to go anywhere decent you still need a car to get around. Transport in Melbourne closes after midnight and taking a taxi to say Collingwood, St Kilda or Prahran for a night out is very expensive. Even with lots of apartments its still too spread out for my liking.

As I said I'd like to be at the centre of it all - nowhere in Melbourne offers that. GC is too small and only Brisbane and Sydney come close with their combination of density and things to do withing close proximity.

Horizon in Sydney would be the best location of any apartment building in Australia - not only are you close to everything - nightlife, work, ect - you have great views "of" the city rather than views in the city.
I totally agree, within 1 kilometre of Aurora you have the entire CBD of Brisbane, South Bank and the Valley. For practicality I wouldn't know which building I'd prefer, for aesthetics/design I think FWP is a great looking building and for features the fact that Aurora will be the first Residential building in Australia with Iris scanning technology. So with that I'd say Aurora.
KJBrissy está en línea ahora  

Closed Thread