search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > United States > Southeast > Local Forums > Tampa Bay Area

Tampa Bay Area Includes Pasco, Hernando, and Citrus Counties
» Transportation and Infrastructure

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 30th, 2016, 10:57 PM   #141
Mark G

Likes (Received): 135

Two things...I'm pretty sure one of the articles online specified the height of the new Hyatt Centric as 257 ft or thereabouts...can't find it now.

And the Bank of Tampa building shows 6 stories on the render, not 5.
Mark G está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 30th, 2016, 11:00 PM   #142
FloridaFuture

Likes (Received): 3952

Bank of Tampa was reduced to 5. I haven't seen an updated render since.

Jasonhouse liked this post
FloridaFuture no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2016, 03:28 PM   #143
braineater2448

Likes (Received): 116

Not sure if you've gotten around to updating the St. Petersburg developments, but here is a list of everything that is out of date. I think you all do a fairly good job of keeping up to date with the Tampa developments, but to be honest, you do a pretty terrible job with the St. Petersburg developments. There is just as much if not more going on in St. Pete, but its never talked about. It really deserves much more coverage than it gets (especially on the URBN Facebook page).

Bohemian Tower is now called “Halcyon”
Johns Hopkins Research Center is been under construction for nearly 6 months now.
Liv233 has also been under construction for over over months.
Del Mar City Homes are complete.
World Liquors Redevelopment has been cancelled.
Towns on Fifth has been under construction for a few months.
Chihuly is under construction (Grand Opening October 14)

Just to name a few, these projects are all missing from your coverage: 400 Central Ave, 1st Ave S Retail, Bainbridge 930 Central Flats, The District on 9th, The James Museum, Museum of the American Arts and Crafts, Regent Lane, St Pete Police HQ. Check out StPeteRising.com for all of the missed coverage.

FloridaFuture, Jasonhouse liked this post
braineater2448 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2016, 05:57 PM   #144
FloridaFuture

Quote:
Originally Posted by braineater2448 View Post
Not sure if you've gotten around to updating the St. Petersburg developments, but here is a list of everything that is out of date. I think you all do a fairly good job of keeping up to date with the Tampa developments, but to be honest, you do a pretty terrible job with the St. Petersburg developments. There is just as much if not more going on in St. Pete, but its never talked about. It really deserves much more coverage than it gets (especially on the URBN Facebook page).

Bohemian Tower is now called “Halcyon”
Johns Hopkins Research Center is been under construction for nearly 6 months now.
Liv233 has also been under construction for over over months.
Del Mar City Homes are complete.
World Liquors Redevelopment has been cancelled.
Towns on Fifth has been under construction for a few months.
Chihuly is under construction (Grand Opening October 14)

Just to name a few, these projects are all missing from your coverage: 400 Central Ave, 1st Ave S Retail, Bainbridge 930 Central Flats, The District on 9th, The James Museum, Museum of the American Arts and Crafts, Regent Lane, St Pete Police HQ. Check out StPeteRising.com for all of the missed coverage.
I haven't updated Pinellas yet. Thanks for the list though.

I don't intentionally short Pinellas, I just don't follow it as closely so it's a lot more work for me to research and keep it updated. If it was possible to set it up so a St. Pete person could edit my Pinellas post too, then I would.

Brian72 liked this post

Last edited by FloridaFuture; October 2nd, 2016 at 06:02 PM.
Old October 30th, 2016, 05:13 PM   #145
FloridaFuture

List is updated. Let me know if anything is missing.

Old October 31st, 2016, 02:54 AM   #146
TampaGuy

Likes (Received): 79

Nice update! There are a few things I would add for St. Pete.

Central Flats can be deleted since Bainbridge 930 Central is the new proposal for that site. Also Bainbridge is currently undergoing site prep with construction to begin shortly. Water Club on Snell Isle is complete.

Additions to the list include: The James Museum for Western and Wildlife Art (U/C), Museum of the American Arts & Crafts Movement (Proposed), Regent Lane (U/C), Urbana Townhomes (U/C), and Tuxedo Townhomes (Proposed).

You can find renders and info on each project here: http://stpeterising.com/active-projects/
TampaGuy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2016, 05:44 PM   #147
Mikeadq

Likes (Received): 1

this is great

Mikeadq no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2016, 10:33 PM   #148
FloridaFuture

Updated the Tampa list. I'll get to the others soon.

Old January 1st, 2017, 06:37 PM   #149
FloridaFuture

Both lists are up to date. I took off a lot of completed stuff.
Old January 3rd, 2017, 03:07 PM   #150
FLAWDA-FELLA
Native Flaw-ridian

Likes (Received): 1363

Happy New Year Tampa Bay!

Hope that everyone had a safe and Happy New Year, but just out of curiosity, I was wondering how many separate and distinct skylines (at least 10 stories/100') are currently in the entire Tampa Bay Region?

- Tampa (Downtown)
- Tampa (Harbor Island)
- Tampa (Channelside)
- Tampa (Bayshore)
- Tampa (Hillsborough River Westbank)
- Tampa (Westshore)
- St. Pete (Downtown)
- St. Pete Beach
- St. Pete/Clearwater Intl. Airport Area
- Clearwater Beach
- Bradenton
- Sarasota
- Lakeland

I'm sure that I may have missed a couple here and there, but so far that list is quite impressive and will only get better in the future.

Last edited by FLAWDA-FELLA; January 3rd, 2017 at 03:27 PM.
FLAWDA-FELLA no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2017, 10:16 PM   #151
Brian72

Likes (Received): 963

Sand Key and Island Estates
Brian72 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2017, 07:25 AM   #152
TampaMike
Oh Hey!

Likes (Received): 941

Bainbridge 930 Central Lofts need to be added to St. Pete and U/C
Old January 18th, 2017, 03:49 PM   #153
FloridaFuture

^It's already there.
Old March 25th, 2017, 10:05 PM   #154
FloridaFuture

Tampa list is up to date. I'll work on Pinellas later today or tomorrow.
Old May 6th, 2017, 06:30 PM   #155
RocketmanLyle

Likes (Received): 5

Well, here we are almost a year after my last post and at least there's been some activity in downtown Tampa which is being outpaced in construction not only by Miami (topped out an 85-story tower) but by St. Pete, too; ONE is coming along nicely. Still no word at all on the AER building and not even a rendering of Feldman's tower. I wish some artist would do a drawing of downtown with all the proposed towers up; the PA's twin 75's and others, Vinikville, Feldman, AER, Lafayette Place, and whatever else there might be in the works just to give us baby boomers an idea of what we're going to miss in 20 years when some finally do get built. Because the T/B metro is (unfairly) divided up into three SMSA markets by the US Census Dept. (c'mon, Sarasota/Bradenton, et al, IS part of the T/B metro despite the fact that Channel 7 needs a market) when Miami/Ft Laud/Palm Bch, etc. is ranked as one big market, Miami gets significantly more $, publicity and respect than T/B. Not many people are aware, however, that the statistically enhanced whizes who actually count the number of eyeballs reached by a market's media outlets, i.e., Nielson Media, rank Tampa Bay #11 (Atlanta is #10) and Miami #16, a full five markets smaller, albeit, I'll admit, more compact than T/B. Watching YouTube videos, I catch phrases like, "...and this place is much bigger than I thought," or,"...lotta good restaurants for a small town." Bob Buckhorn (like him a lot) said once that he was amazed that he was the mayor of the 55th largest city in the US. Sorry, Mr. Mayor, but you're mayor of the engine that drives the 11th largest market in America. My feeling is, the area needs to make up its mind what it wants to be--a big city or Margaritaville. Margaritaville? Fine. Then buy a porch swing, boil up some shrimp and hand me the guitar. But if this "area" (dislike that word a lot) is going to be a player with the big towns then we need to pop for some freeways (sorry, public transportation promoters but independent people like their cars-make 'em smaller and electric), and start some area promotions that are creative and show action. On YouTube, there's an aerial video of Tampa called, "City in Motion," that has no motion. It must have been shot on a Sunday afternoon at siesta time because it looks like Sydney at the end of the old movie "On the Beach" after all the people are dead. Other Tampa videos are similar; showing a relatively quiescent downtown or an empty park from either the river or Davis Islands with never any shots of activity, i.e. I-275, the Connector, events happening, or anything else somewhat exciting. T/B needs something to define/identify the whole area, maybe a giant illuminated glass sphere floating above the bay...the Tampasphere?...something world-class to attract world-class corporations, investments and people. These 20 and 30 story towers going up pretty much scream, "WE ARE AVERAGE AND PROUD OF IT!" to the rest if the world. Just some random thoughts from a random 3-pound pile of brain tissue attached to typo making thumbs. Pass the shrimp.

FloridaFuture, Nazar1, Brian72 liked this post

Last edited by RocketmanLyle; June 4th, 2017 at 09:30 PM.
RocketmanLyle no está en línea   Reply With Quote