search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > United States > Southeast > Local Forums > Tampa Bay Area

Tampa Bay Area Includes Pasco, Hernando, and Citrus Counties
» Transportation and Infrastructure

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 5th, 2017, 03:21 PM   #681
Dale

Likes (Received): 5414

Downtown only has 6.1 million square feet of office ?

saerdna99 liked this post
Dale no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 5th, 2017, 06:56 PM   #682
saerdna99

Likes (Received): 46

I know they've acquired some more land, but in my simple mind the growth added here should be vertical no?
saerdna99 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2017, 08:44 PM   #683
TampaMike
Oh Hey!

Likes (Received): 923

Quote:
Originally Posted by saerdna99 View Post
I know they've acquired some more land, but in my simple mind the growth added here should be vertical no?
They still face issue of height restrictions with Peter O'Knight. So as much as I would love to see taller towers here, it's impossible at this time of that happening.

I'll donate to any mayoral candidate that says they'll close down POK btw haha

saerdna99, ATampaArnold, Gretzky_99 liked this post
TampaMike no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2017, 02:11 AM   #684
TamBay

Likes (Received): 51

I agree with 99, and have wondered about height, too. I'm not looking for 80 stories or anything. But how about 35 or 40. I'm not an architect or engineer so maybe there is a plausible reason, but it seems to me that if they doubled the height on these projects, they would have land left over to do more projects later down the road when demand calls for it.

TamBay no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2017, 10:13 PM   #685
cwat212
Palma Ceia

Likes (Received): 91

tambay Peter OKnight is the small airport on Davis Islands FAA controls the height as a runway points at that corridor
cwat212 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2017, 10:37 PM   #686
saerdna99

Has it already been confirmed that the proposed towers all maxout at current height requirements?
Old May 7th, 2017, 10:48 PM   #687
FloridaFuture

Likes (Received): 3831

Quote:
Originally Posted by saerdna99 View Post
Has it already been confirmed that the proposed towers all maxout at current height requirements?
No. From the looks of the renderings only the buildings directly on Channelside Drive were maxing out at the 250-300 foot cap, but that may of changed. Farther north it looked like buildings were more in the 150 foot range.
Old May 8th, 2017, 12:29 AM   #688
saerdna99

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaFuture View Post
No. From the looks of the renderings only the buildings directly on Channelside Drive were maxing out at the 250-300 foot cap, but that may of changed. Farther north it looked like buildings were more in the 150 foot range.
Gotcha, thanks. I should have specified in my earlier post, I was thinking that the midrises in the render may have picked up height similar to the ones on CD to account for the increased sqft.
Old May 8th, 2017, 08:06 PM   #689
FloridaFuture

If you want to see how SPP is re-doing the grid, there are two portal entries for their connections to Meridian. Search for address "500 Channelside" on the portal.

Last edited by FloridaFuture; May 8th, 2017 at 11:28 PM.
FloridaFuture no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2017, 10:00 PM   #690
gstolze

Location: Hannover, Germany>Tampa Bay, Florida, USA>Hannover, Germany
Likes (Received): 326

Sorry for sounding stupid, but what do you mean with "portal"?
gstolze no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2017, 10:43 PM   #691
NaqoyqatZ

Likes (Received): 171

https://aca.tampagov.net/CitizenAccess/

gstolze liked this post
NaqoyqatZ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2017, 11:28 PM   #692
FloridaFuture

Look at the "Search" drop down menu and click on "Planning applications" to search.

gstolze liked this post
FloridaFuture no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2017, 05:42 AM   #693
TampaMike
Oh Hey!

Quote:
Trigaux: Here's the latest thing Jeff Vinik is doing to make Tampa a magnet for urban development
Robert Trigaux, Times Business Columnist
Tuesday, May 9, 2017 10:00am

TAMPA — Could Tampa become a major hub people flock to for the best and brightest urban development ideas?

The owner of the Tampa Bay Lightning and a leader of one of the biggest urban redevelopment efforts in the nation, Jeff Vinik today is announcing he will personally partner with New York-based Dreamit to bring its high-end business accelerator and about ten elite startups specializing in urban technology to Tampa this fall.

If successful, the partnership has high hopes it could help Tampa grow to become a regional, if not international mecca for innovative urban technology and development.
Cont'd http://www.tampabay.com/news/busines...n-tech/2323236

Super excited for this and hope its a success for Tampa and DreamIt! Wonder if this will go into the planned speculative office tower or take up space at the office building next to the USF Medical Building. I thought that the office building would be JUST medical offices but I may be wrong.

I would also like to see some collaboration with the USF Architecture and Urban Planning School and DreamIt.

FLAWDA-FELLA, densitymatters liked this post
TampaMike no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2017, 06:36 AM   #694
TampaMike
Oh Hey!

The Dreamit team already has a dedicated site space and something caught my attention and concern.

http://www.dreamit.com/urbantech/#urbantech-tampa-bay

If you go down a little on the site, they have a site plan for Vinik's development. Everything looks the same until you get to the Tampa Bay History Center and Channelside Plaza area. Any other site plan showed a park where the StarShip parking currently is and according to the one on the site, SPP plans show a street from Old Water St, crossing Beneficial Dr., and connecting to Channelside Dr. Maybe this an old site plan I have missed, but I wouldn't believe that SPP and Vinik provided an outdated site plan to Dreamit.

I think the new street is unnecessary and hopefully is reconsidered, which Vinik and others have stated that any plan isn't concrete and possible of changing. Considering the whole development is planned to have more retail than what has existed at Channelside Plaza, I would be fine not trying to replace the plaza with another retail structure and adding a hotel with retail on Channelside and facing the channel there.
Old May 10th, 2017, 08:23 PM   #695
kmthurman

Likes (Received): 241

Quote:
Originally Posted by TampaMike View Post
The Dreamit team already has a dedicated site space and something caught my attention and concern.

http://www.dreamit.com/urbantech/#urbantech-tampa-bay

If you go down a little on the site, they have a site plan for Vinik's development. Everything looks the same until you get to the Tampa Bay History Center and Channelside Plaza area.
A version of that street has been in their plan for years. It was part of the 2014 site plan: http://www.tampabay.com/resources/im...86667_8col.jpg

It was also clearly part of the Channelside presentation to the port last September: http://www.bizjournals.com/tampabay/...elside.html#g3

Curious, what is the objection?

http://newtotampa.tumblr.com
kmthurman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2017, 04:48 AM   #696
TampaMike
Oh Hey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmthurman View Post
A version of that street has been in their plan for years. It was part of the 2014 site plan: http://www.tampabay.com/resources/im...86667_8col.jpg

It was also clearly part of the Channelside presentation to the port last September: http://www.bizjournals.com/tampabay/...elside.html#g3

Curious, what is the objection?
I just think it creates a situation that is obvious when it comes to the bridge there and the lack of time of seeing a vehicle once over the hump on the bridge. If there isn't going to be a light at the intersection, if they even make it an intersection at all, then it's just setting up for multiple collisions. Only 20% of the people driving in and out of Harbour Island ACTUALLY follow the speed limit. There's been multiple times I have thought that I could cross Beneficial at Channelside while the cross sign says "Don't Walk" and have to forego that idea because someone is speeding over the bridge out of HI.

At best, keep the street near the history center and make it one way, so anyone staying at the apartment (pretty sure its an apartment planned there) enters from Beneficial and exits onto Old Waters.
Old May 11th, 2017, 05:12 AM   #697
Grumbo

Likes (Received): 126

Quote:
Originally Posted by TampaMike View Post
I just think it creates a situation that is obvious when it comes to the bridge there and the lack of time of seeing a vehicle once over the hump on the bridge. If there isn't going to be a light at the intersection, if they even make it an intersection at all, then it's just setting up for multiple collisions. Only 20% of the people driving in and out of Harbour Island ACTUALLY follow the speed limit. There's been multiple times I have thought that I could cross Beneficial at Channelside while the cross sign says "Don't Walk" and have to forego that idea because someone is speeding over the bridge out of HI.

At best, keep the street near the history center and make it one way, so anyone staying at the apartment (pretty sure its an apartment planned there) enters from Beneficial and exits onto Old Waters.
still wouldnt be as bad as the exit from GCAK during rush hour
Grumbo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2017, 06:08 AM   #698
TampaMike
Oh Hey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumbo View Post
Yeah, I feel bad for anyone that lives there. Eventually the city will have to persuade the state in adding in a stop sign or some other traffic initiative on Kennedy to slow down the traffic.
Old May 15th, 2017, 11:59 PM   #699
kmthurman

Likes (Received): 241

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumbo View Post
My assumption would be it would not actually cross the bridge for vehicular traffic (because there is a median there). It would allow right turns in and out for each street.

http://newtotampa.tumblr.com
kmthurman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2017, 04:18 AM   #700
TampaMike
Oh Hey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmthurman View Post
My assumption would be it would not actually cross the bridge for vehicular traffic (because there is a median there). It would allow right turns in and out for each street.
I can only hope. If it's only right turn only, I won't have much of an issue.