search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > United States > Southeast > Local Forums > Tampa Bay Area

Tampa Bay Area Includes Pasco, Hernando, and Citrus Counties
» Transportation and Infrastructure

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 3rd, 2015, 11:06 PM   #21
Jasonhouse
Senior Button Pusher

Likes (Received): 2460

I always wondered what the problem is, considering that Carillon isn't actually in PIE's flightpath.
Jasonhouse no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 4th, 2015, 01:21 AM   #22
HARTride 2012

Likes (Received): 1972

So have I
HARTride 2012 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2015, 08:55 AM   #23
Jasonhouse
Senior Button Pusher

The rendering also shows a 3rd 21-22 story tower on the left side, which is apparently residential. Makes me wonder if that's still planned as such, or if that's just a conceptual rendering, or what. Makes me wonder how much the residential is really figured out, since they don't even give the basics about each building, and the site plan just shows conceptual footprints, except for the one building at the far NW corner in front of Publix. Which where the 14 story One Park West is, that's shown in the other rendering, which also shows the silhouettes of 8 and 10 story buildings. If any of that is accurate, then the building run down in terms of floor count is starting to look like 22, 22 or 21, 20, 14, 10, 8 and 3 unknowns. Pretty impressive.

Two points. One, this is a multi-phase, multi-year project, so what is proposed and what is built will almost certainly be different. Two, this project already appears to envision at least 3 and possibly 4 buildings as tall or taller than anything else in the entire Gateway area, and two other midrises that will also be visible from afar. I wonder if anyone's given any thought to the impact on the skyline, since this will be very prominent to anyone driving into Pinellas on I-275, and will be easily seen from the other two bridges as well?

(edit: Actually, a 3rd point... What's this is going to do to traffic and water/sewer? I wonder what the chances are for a circulator to be set up in Carillon? )

Last edited by Jasonhouse; April 4th, 2015 at 09:03 AM.
Old April 4th, 2015, 03:08 PM   #24
HARTride 2012

Any chance of a circulator that isn't privately funded or at the very least a public-private partnership is very slim to none given PSTA's budgetary problems.

Traffic will no doubt be a mess, and I'm hoping the particular entry/exit of Carillon Pkwy will be improved. Another entry/exit point is undergoing construction in conjunction with the Ulmerton project.

What really needs to be done is the addition of a roadway the crosses over I-275 and connects to MLK, which I understood from someone I work with as the original plans when Carillion was still being built up in the 90s but never materialized.
Old April 4th, 2015, 03:16 PM   #25
HARTride 2012

Another question I wonder about is regarding the entry by Roosevelt. Why isn't this intersection equipped with overpasses? I hate having to come in for work and dodge two lanes of high speed traffic coming off of I-275 just to enter Carillon.
Old April 4th, 2015, 05:56 PM   #26
FloridaFuture

Likes (Received): 4026

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonhouse View Post
The rendering also shows a 3rd 21-22 story tower on the left side, which is apparently residential. Makes me wonder if that's still planned as such, or if that's just a conceptual rendering, or what. Makes me wonder how much the residential is really figured out, since they don't even give the basics about each building, and the site plan just shows conceptual footprints, except for the one building at the far NW corner in front of Publix. Which where the 14 story One Park West is, that's shown in the other rendering, which also shows the silhouettes of 8 and 10 story buildings. If any of that is accurate, then the building run down in terms of floor count is starting to look like 22, 22 or 21, 20, 14, 10, 8 and 3 unknowns. Pretty impressive.
Well it looks like there's 6 residential buildings total. At 1500 units/6 that means you're going to be averaging 250 units a building. One Park West is 14 stories at only 192 units, so some of the buildings will have to be bigger then that one. Of course "bigger" doesn't mean "taller." This site is so dense though there will have to be some height on them to average more then 250 units on the remaining 5 buildings.

Looking at these 3D renderings, it looks like there does appear to be some other buildings as tall as the office buildings:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaFuture View Post
Yeah Loopnet is a gold mine for this.

Here are 3D renderings of the entire project to get an idea for the height/density they're going for:

http://x.lnimg.com/attachments/32E18...0D9A8B1821.pdf
FloridaFuture no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2015, 07:08 PM   #27
Jasonhouse
Senior Button Pusher

Damn I forgot you had put that up.

See, those show One Park West as being the shortest of all of the towers in the project. Not sure how accurate that is either, since several buildings vary in height from what we can see in other renderings. (like the shorter office building)

Maybe that shows the max height they could build, but not what will actually be built?

Really hard to say, they haven't put out a lot of details... Just like Vinik hasn't, though this Echelon project is perhaps a year or so ahead of Vinik's progress.
Old April 7th, 2015, 11:08 PM   #28
TampaGuy

Likes (Received): 80

In the 3D models doesn't it look like they are going to build a small building(perhaps a parking garage) in the Publix parking lot? That may come first if so, then One Park West.

Anyone else see what I see?
TampaGuy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2015, 11:13 PM   #29
Jasonhouse
Senior Button Pusher

They have to build that to be able to tear up existing surface lots serving the existing businesses.
Old April 15th, 2015, 06:22 AM   #30
Jahi98

Likes (Received): 155

Does anyone think Jabil will consider this for their new HQ, or if downtown will be the place for them?
Old April 15th, 2015, 07:13 AM   #31
Jasonhouse
Senior Button Pusher

Jabil could move anywhere. No idea what the process is over there.
Old April 15th, 2015, 07:21 AM   #32
TampaMike
Oh Hey!

Likes (Received): 945

I really hope Jabil ends up in downtown just on the fact that a large office development is what is needed for the city, even with the recent news of a HQ relocation to the city yesterday. Having Jabil's presence would send a high dosage shot, especially if it's near the Tropicana site.

Jasonhouse liked this post
TampaMike no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2015, 09:06 AM   #33
Jasonhouse
Senior Button Pusher

I agree that Jabil going DT would be an actual 'game changer', not just a rhetorical one. However, ECC will be very attractive for being between DT St Pete and TIA, and being in between DT Tampa and Clearwater/the beaches. And PIE right there for corp charters. And the overall atmosphere being somewhat upscale, and giving employees the flexibility to live in Tampa and still be less than 30mins away even at rush hr... That could well be where Jabil goes. Look at the lease rates LeClair is able to offer. Being under $30sqft for new space located in an urban mixed use development so centrally located is compelling. And ya gotta figure, Jabil can extract incentives no matter where they go within the city.

Last edited by Jasonhouse; April 15th, 2015 at 09:14 AM.
Old April 15th, 2015, 02:56 PM   #34
HARTride 2012

Here's a ground visual of where Echelon will be built, right where you see the trailers is where one of the buildings will be built. I took this from the Publix parking lot.

TampaFan liked this post
Old April 30th, 2015, 11:52 PM   #35
Jasonhouse
Senior Button Pusher

wrong thread.
Old May 1st, 2015, 04:58 AM   #36
FloridaFuture

Likes (Received): 4026

Most regions don't have 500,000 sq. ft. of office space just waiting to built. Right now we have two sites (Vinik and this project) that do so I would have to think we're a strong contender if this turns out to be true.

Quote:
Mystery company could bring huge office development, thousands of jobs to Tampa Bay
Apr 30, 2015, 1:33pm EDT UPDATED: Apr 30, 2015, 3:02pm EDT

Ashley Gurbal Kritzer
Reporter-
Tampa Bay Business Journal

A mystery company is looking for sites in Tampa Bay that could accommodate half a million square feet of office space and potentially bring thousands of jobs to the region.

Real estate sources, who asked not to be named because of the sensitivity of the deal, said an economic development consultant representing the company has been in touch with brokers and developers throughout Tampa Bay. The consultant has visited the region and has engaged with the Tampa-Hillsborough Economic Development Corp.

Rick Homans, president and CEO of the EDC, declined comment Thursday.
more here

http://www.bizjournals.com/tampabay/...ge-office.html
Old May 1st, 2015, 06:37 AM   #37
Jasonhouse
Senior Button Pusher

^I posted that here and then moved it, because it really has nothing to do with this development, the TBBJ made it seem that way with their misleading link of the rendering for this project with their article.
Old May 1st, 2015, 12:01 PM   #38
HARTride 2012

I agree. The article was quite misleading. I almost said the wrong thing on Fb while trying to share the link there.
Old May 1st, 2015, 08:02 PM   #39
Jasonhouse
Senior Button Pusher

Well it's obviously a logical consideration for such a move, depending on the relocating firm's motives, but no one has any indication of such. At least not that they're willing to discuss publicly.
Old December 24th, 2015, 07:57 PM   #40
TPAman22

Likes (Received): 280

Just checking in on this project since there have been few (actually zero) updates. An article cited earlier in this thread dating back to April said construction of the apartment tower would commence this fall and that has past. Has construction started without any headlines in the news?

Jasonhouse liked this post
TPAman22 no está en línea   Reply With Quote