search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > United States > Southeast > Local Forums > Tampa Bay Area

Tampa Bay Area Includes Pasco, Hernando, and Citrus Counties
» Transportation and Infrastructure

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 17th, 2006, 07:17 AM   #41
tampamobster21

Likes (Received): 88

lol

Sponsored Links
Old June 18th, 2006, 08:24 PM   #42
FloridaFuture

Likes (Received): 3831

One story buildings are not wanted in Downtown, it probaly doesn't provide enough urbanism to make it adequete. Save room for larger towers on that site later on. Especially since Meridian and Channelside will be a prime intersection in a few years.
FloridaFuture no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2006, 03:14 AM   #43
Jasonhouse
Senior Button Pusher

Likes (Received): 2458

Why in the hell is all of this Arts District stuff being posted in a Channelside thread?

Can you people PLEASE stop putting shit wherever you damn well feel like it, thus fouling up the place?

I'm dead serious, if this doesn't stop, and stop now, I am literally going to start suspending accounts and even banning people if need be. Enough is enough!

POST IN THE CORRECT THREAD, OR DON'T POST AT ALL!!!
Jasonhouse no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2006, 02:05 PM   #44
FloridaFuture

Likes (Received): 3831

Finergy Propels Channel Tower
Skip directly to the full story.
By DAVE SIMANOFF The Tampa Tribune

Published: Jun 28, 2006

TAMPA - A Sarasota-based developer is moving ahead with plans for a new condominium and hotel tower in downtown Tampa's burgeoning Channel District. Finergy Development LLC submitted plans to city officials Monday for a 25-story hotel-condominium building.

The company will need city approval to rezone the 2-acre development site at 222 N. 12th St. and 217 11th St., near Channelside Drive. Finergy wants to build the project in an area that's seeing a lot of new development. Two condo projects, Ventana and Grand Central at Kennedy, are under construction nearby.

Finergy's plans call for a combined 393 hotel rooms and condo units, 731 parking spaces and 57,000 square feet of retail space.

Project manager Eric Collin said pricing and the hotel will set Finergy's building apart from other Channel District complexes. Finergy's condominiums are expected to sell for $200,000 to $260,000, although prices have not been set yet, he said.

"We're going to be getting to the market with a much more affordable product and smaller unit sizes," he said. Owners will also be able to take advantage of the hotel's amenities, such as room service and a fitness center, he said.

Collin said he would like to see a sales office open by October or November, and construction begin next summer. The building will take 18 months to two years to complete, he said.

http://www.tbo.com/news/money/MGBT59D0ZOE.html
FloridaFuture no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2006, 04:08 PM   #45
TampaMike
Oh Hey!

Likes (Received): 923

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaFuture
Finergy Propels Channel Tower
Skip directly to the full story.
By DAVE SIMANOFF The Tampa Tribune

Published: Jun 28, 2006

TAMPA - A Sarasota-based developer is moving ahead with plans for a new condominium and hotel tower in downtown Tampa's burgeoning Channel District. Finergy Development LLC submitted plans to city officials Monday for a 25-story hotel-condominium building.

The company will need city approval to rezone the 2-acre development site at 222 N. 12th St. and 217 11th St., near Channelside Drive. Finergy wants to build the project in an area that's seeing a lot of new development. Two condo projects, Ventana and Grand Central at Kennedy, are under construction nearby.

Finergy's plans call for a combined 393 hotel rooms and condo units, 731 parking spaces and 57,000 square feet of retail space.

Project manager Eric Collin said pricing and the hotel will set Finergy's building apart from other Channel District complexes. Finergy's condominiums are expected to sell for $200,000 to $260,000, although prices have not been set yet, he said.

"We're going to be getting to the market with a much more affordable product and smaller unit sizes," he said. Owners will also be able to take advantage of the hotel's amenities, such as room service and a fitness center, he said.

Collin said he would like to see a sales office open by October or November, and construction begin next summer. The building will take 18 months to two years to complete, he said.

http://www.tbo.com/news/money/MGBT59D0ZOE.html
Maybe this is a start of high-rises moving north on Channelside. $200,000 is a awesome price.
Old June 28th, 2006, 10:47 PM   #46
Jasonhouse
Senior Button Pusher

Likes (Received): 2458

^I wouldn't necessarily say that... There are already a couple of highrises approved for the very northern end of the district (around and even north of Twiggs St).

The approval of The Place Phase II was basically a watershed vote for the district... The council basically said that so long as developers were basically attentive to the street level environment and included community amenities, that the hieght restrictions could be surpassed by significant amounts... This proposal, along with others are basically capitalizing on that precedent.
Jasonhouse no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2006, 03:18 AM   #47
Tampa on the move.

Likes (Received): 85

Anyone have pics from channelside over the July 4th holidays??
Tampa on the move. no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2006, 04:26 AM   #48
FLHawk
Channelside Pioneer

Likes (Received): 61

Seaboard Square

I was at a presentation this evening for Channelside residents on the new plans for Seaboard Square. As you remember, Sembler bought out the former owner of the Channel District prime property about a year ago. They are now revealing their long-awaited plans at the Channel District meeting on Wednesday evening, and will go before the city in mid-August (the 17th?) for approval.

The first 'phase' will include a 29 (on top of parking) story residential tower on Cumberland across from the Eastern Tower of Channelside; an 11-story 'boutique' hotel just North of that, next to Victory Lofts; multi-level retail on 11th and Cumberland, including a restaurants with outdoor seating; a 12-story (on top of parking) residential 'signature' tower on 11th just North of Cumberland and a circular 'gathering' area, with water features ('dancing' fountains and a water wall).

The second phase will be a row of 3-story townhomes along the East side of 11th Street leading up to Whiting, and then along Whiting heading East over to Victory Lofts. All will have garages, and be patterned after Brownstones. My understanding is that these townhomes are somewhat to appease the Victory Lofters, but my guess is that a lot of SSC forummers won't like this phase.

The third and final phase will be two 21-story (on top of parking) identical residential towers with access on 11th Street, just South of Whiting, but also flanked by Meridian (as is the 12-story signature tower).

Lots going on here. Would really add some life and street action to the Southern part of 11th Street, as well as Cumberland (with the Towers of C'side directly across the street).

Looks pretty ambitious. The new schematic will be MUCH higher density than the original proposal from 2004. I would guess it will be mentioned in the local papers by the end of the week. Don't think you will find any info on their website yet.

Seacrest OUT.
FLHawk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2006, 04:35 AM   #49
John F

Likes (Received): 62

How tall is Towers at Channelside now?
Old July 18th, 2006, 06:20 AM   #50
cthomasd

Likes (Received): 1

Was in Ybor late Sunday afternoon (07/16/06) and took this photo of the Channel District construction from the top floor of the Ybor parking garage.

[IMG][/IMG]

Amtrak96 liked this post
cthomasd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2006, 07:25 AM   #51
tampamobster21

They are at about 17 floors.
Old July 18th, 2006, 07:43 AM   #52
Tampa on the move.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthomasd
Was in Ybor late Sunday afternoon (07/16/06) and took this photo of the Channel District construction from the top floor of the Ybor parking garage.

[IMG][/IMG]
Thank you so much for the pics..
The start of the Tampa wall.. lol

only our wall is shorter than Miami's. lol

Last edited by Tampa on the move.; July 18th, 2006 at 10:28 AM.
Old July 18th, 2006, 07:55 AM   #53
Tampa on the move.

In a couple of months you should start to see the 2 cranes on the Plaza at HI in the background and by the end of the year maybe a Novare-Newks and Blu Channelside projects..
Old July 18th, 2006, 03:16 PM   #54
97Roll
Tampa, FL

Likes (Received): 15

Cool shot of the X-Town elevated lanes in that pic
97Roll no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2006, 04:10 PM   #55
smiley

Likes (Received): 560

YOu can see the cranes on HI right now- behind the red ground based crane
I contain multitudes.

I don't pretend 'cause I don't care.
smiley no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2006, 06:08 PM   #56
Maxim98

Likes (Received): 252

Great update on Seaboard, if a bit lofty. I'm very familiar with the area but not sure I am placing all of those. The brownstones run behind Victory Lofts? And the other towers across the street? The boutique hotel fills the spot between Starship Yacht, Cumberland, 12th, and VL?

Well, I guess we'll have to wait for the whole proposal...
Maxim98 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2006, 06:27 PM   #57
FLHawk
Channelside Pioneer

Likes (Received): 61

Difficult to picture all these buildings from a description I'm sure. If I'm at the corner of Cumberland and 11th, walking North, the first thing on my right (East side of 11th) is the 29 story tower w/ retail. As I continue walking North, next to the tower is the 11 story hotel. Then all the way on the street up to Whiting are the Brownstones, which circle around the corner heading East on Whiting.

If I turn around at Whiting and am heading back South towards Cumberland, immediately to my right are the two 21-story towers. Keep walking South and next is the 12 story residential. Finally, at the NE corner of 11th and Cumberland is the retail / restaurants building.

Hopefully, the papers will publish a layout schematic of this so it will be clearer.
FLHawk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2006, 07:10 PM   #58
tampamobster21

It sounds like it will look like Emerald Plaza in San Diego.
Old July 18th, 2006, 07:49 PM   #59
smiley

Likes (Received): 560

Oh, so Seaboard is going to be completely different. Yea, brownstones, whatever if they can actually get the towers up. I like how the whole area is now going towers. FIne by me.
I contain multitudes.

I don't pretend 'cause I don't care.
smiley no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2006, 07:57 PM   #60
tampamobster21

It will add to Tampa's already growing skyline.

Tags
downtown tampa, tampa-projects