SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Public Transport in Bucharest

2M views 11K replies 399 participants last post by  Saint666 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
See less See more
#62 ·
^^ Anyway there is a new mayor in Bucharest, maybe new attitude too... :cheers:
Surely he’ll not bring in a new vision … besides, the transport/infrastructure master plan for the next 5/25 years has been approved by CityHall Council :banana:. So at best, he may bring in a bit more discipline or/and higher standards; maybe "new attitude" … so I hope … but I doubt it …

#63 ·
I think he can do things well if he really wants to, its not like for 25 years or even 5 you wrote something and you can't change anything. At least Blaga had a...,lets say, nice project with the Victoriei/GDN-Otopeni metro but unrealistic seeing he wanted to end it by 2012? Of course, i would prefer a express train from the airport directly to neither the center using underground neither to the train station with no underground needed and i think its very possible since the railway is not far from Otopeni and if they extend the line a bit to reach the airport they can make it preety fast...

About the 783, apart from being a bit expensive it comes very rarely and it doesn't offer anything special for the luggage so imagine yourself trapped with your stuff in a full bus, damn it anyway, is it that big deal to take the taxi at least to the Aviatiei Metro Station or where you live in case its not far?

#64 ·
That's what I did last time: bus to Aviatiei + subway (changed in Victoriei) to Gara de Nord. Very fast and cheap ~1.5Euro (bus+subway)

#65 ·
#69 ·
I didn't say anything about Wikimapia. I said I have a small project for SSC, Wikipedia and Google Earth. I don't use Wikimapia, though there might be a way to migrate it from Google Earth to Wikimapia... I don't know.

Anyway, all this starting early July (7-10). I should be ready by early August.
Hey, guys, just so you know I didn't forget about the promised metro map + Wikipedia/Google Earth integration. Here's a sneak preview of just a part of my work so far. Work in progress, mind you.

Don't worry about the small size; I had to make them small so as not to **** up this forum page. Map will be entirely done using vector graphics, so I can resize it to my heart's content without losing detail and getting annoying pixels (vector graphics actually doesn't use pixels at all).

And again, hope you're not expecting something revolutionary... afterall, it's just a map (the centerpiece I mean). The deadline is unchanged - early August.:cheers:

Feedback/questions/ideas are welcome!:D

#70 ·
^^ 2090?! :jk:
BTW very nice (sneak preview) indeed :cheers:

#74 ·
Da, o desenez eu. Arata-mi o harta buna a metroului din Bucuresti! Nu exista. Sunt unele decente, dar atat.

Momentan vreau sa-mi iasa liniile existente bine in toate cele trei variante de harti: corecta geografic (^^), schematica (incerc o stilizare a retelei) si cea de linie (fiecare magistrala desfasurata pe orizontala); dupa care ma arunc cu capu-n misterele Metrorexului si pun si celelalte linii (M5-M8) + extensiile M1, M4 si noile statii pe magistralele deja existente.

Deci avem categoriile "reality" si "wet dreams".:lol:
Ok, less talk, more work! Next update - July 30 (a sort of Beta version I hope:lol:)...:cheers:

#79 ·
De ceva timp au marcat si la noi statiile de autobuz cu linii galbene, ca in imaginea de mai jos. Alaltaieri, pe Bdul. Decebal cel putin doua statii erau complet blocate de masini parcate exact pe spatiul rezervat autobuzelor, deci trebuia sa te strecori printre masini la urcare/coborare. Lipsa unui minim de respect + obsesia pentru masini - spatii de parcare.:bash:

#80 ·
^^ La noi e vorba de lipsa aplicarii legilor mai degraba ... IMO civilizatia se cultiva cu bani: unii platesc si altii incaseaza :lol::cheers: