daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Forum Pencakar Langit Malaysia > Cityscapes

Cityscapes discussion, photography and news of towns, cities, districts and states.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 20th, 2006, 12:55 PM   #1
yung85

Likes (Received): 0

JOHOR BAHRU (Johor Baharu, Johor Baru & Johore Bahru ) | Johor | District, Royal & State Capital City

the Awesome Johor Bahru! 2 is nearly full so i thought i'll open a third thread on JB!!

Lets continue our discussion on JB!!
yung85 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old April 20th, 2006, 07:34 PM   #2
xeoc
SkyWalker(JB KIA)

Likes (Received): 2

wah version 3 .congrat...
Old April 21st, 2006, 02:55 AM   #3
JustHorace
Couch Weight

Likes (Received): 163

Hi! I'm a Filipino forumer and I want to go to Johor Bahru from Singapore. What is the best way to get there? Is there an immigration/checkpoint area? And how much will I have to spend to get there (transportation and tax)?
JustHorace no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2006, 08:21 AM   #4
baqthier
RISING LIKE A SPIRE!

Likes (Received): 8

^ Yes there is a checkpoint. For less than a dollar you can get a bus ride to JB from SG from Kranji MRT station. Never take the taxi as it'll cost SG$40!
baqthier no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2006, 05:00 AM   #5
BODYholic
Singaypore

Likes (Received): 25

I can't find this thread from the main 'Skycrapers and Cityscapes', instead i came here via a link from the 'Awesome JB 2'.

Bumpzzz
BODYholic no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2006, 08:28 PM   #6
BODYholic
Singaypore

Likes (Received): 25

Some snapshots taken during our recent trip to JB on 06May2006.

Old May 9th, 2006, 10:50 AM   #7
pynshi91
gary

Likes (Received): 7

i like the city square tower....
pynshi91 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2006, 04:12 PM   #8
ryantey
BANNED

Johor Bahru is really sux. It is just a City of Crime. The whole city is not safe, filled with robbers and thieves. I am really embarrassed as a Johor Bahru resident to tell you this. Last Monday, I was robbed near the Overhead Bridge (Towards JB CheckPoint) besides the City Square by three KNIFE hold Chinese shit guys. I was terrified at that moment. I got two minor scratches caused by the knife and lost my phone after that. JB is really unsafe. Tourists should less often come to JB.
ryantey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2006, 04:12 PM   #9
ryantey
BANNED

Johor Bahru is really sux. It is just a City of Crime. The whole city is not safe, filled with robbers and thieves. I am really embarrassed as a Johor Bahru resident to tell you this. Last Monday, I was robbed near the Overhead Bridge (Towards JB CheckPoint) besides the City Square by three KNIFE hold Chinese shit guys. I was terrified at that moment. I got two minor scratches caused by the knife and lost my phone after that. JB is really unsafe. Tourists should less often come to JB and becareful.
ryantey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2006, 05:49 AM   #10
travellator
klite

Likes (Received): 62

glad u didnt get seriously hurt, its is a bad experience to b mugged, the fear & depression can last for weeks, friends & family can help u get over this mugging. jb has its share of sensational crimes but i have been 2 jb many times & have found it safe, but what is important is always b aware of ur surroundings whether u r a local or tourist. i was robbed in london (money & passport), u get over it & learn to b more careful.
travellator no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2006, 06:37 AM   #11
pynshi91
gary

Everywhere is unsafe.It is impossible for a place to be safe.
Old May 14th, 2006, 06:43 AM   #12
pynshi91
gary

avoid walking around jalan wong ah fook and other place that are close to city square area.These areas are highly populated by muggers and very notorious.Avoid walking at segget walk,tan hiok nee walk....the best is try not to walk at Johor Bahru.Infact there's nothing to see around there except city square mall.I would suggest to the Johor bahru city council to put policemen around the city.Everywhere.Like beijing china,alomost everypart of the city u can see policemen wearing green in colour......i think it's a good idea.Wat do you think????.
Old May 14th, 2006, 07:28 AM   #13
alienwong

Actually JB is quite good place in my own view (not include terrible crimes). I also went there for two times, but very luckily, i was safe there. However, live in high criminal rates city, we should pay more attention to avoid become next victim.
alienwong no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2006, 08:40 AM   #14
musang
abed

^ wow.. i was brought up in jb in the 80s, the place was superb. and i do blve jb is still a nice place.. say y not joining Rakan Cop then (or was it Rakan Polis??).. but as all of u had said, one needs to be alert and attentive kat mana mana pun, not necessary in jb...
musang no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2006, 08:42 AM   #15
musang
abed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BODYholic

[/IMG]
this pic looks a bit 'cartoonish' but i find it interesting..
musang no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2006, 10:38 AM   #16
baqthier
RISING LIKE A SPIRE!

^ Nice! I think it's inspired by Filipino streets outside the Philippines.
Old May 15th, 2006, 10:54 AM   #17
baqthier
RISING LIKE A SPIRE!

Wah sounds so unsafe though I've walked around JB day and night and never encountered any. I mean I noticed old makciks walking around with their bags at night. That shows how safe in general a city is.
I nearly got mugged in KL but luckily I ran away because of assuming muggers are never prepared for chasing. Strictly depends on the area.
Old May 15th, 2006, 02:29 PM   #18
cooolboi

Likes (Received): 20

I got mugged and injured in PJS, guys careful when youre there.
Old May 15th, 2006, 10:50 PM   #19
FreedomCall

Can someone do me a favour please? I just wonder if anyone could take some pictures for me of some place I've been to when I was in JB last year. I did not take any pictures as it did not seem interesting to me, but now I'd like to have some.

Oh, the places I don't know the name of LOL. Perhaps this will help: From the city (City Square) we drove past the construction area of the new immigration building, then passed the area of the Sultan Palace, and then you could see Singapore on the right in the distance. Then there was a sharp left turn, petrol station on right. Think the suburbs name was Taman Iskandar... not too sure though. Can anyone help me with this little information and if yes, perhaps take some pictures along this route, esp. the ending? That's be really great
FreedomCall no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2006, 12:57 AM   #20
cooolboi

Likes (Received): 20

What do you see on the left of the city square? Roads are constantly changing there due to construction, i dont really understand where youre heading to.