SkyscraperCity Forum banner

World Cup Qualifiers - Bahrain Discussion.

3K views 42 replies 10 participants last post by  Bahraini Spirit 
#1 · (Edited)
We are coming close to some very crucial games against Japan and Iran. I thought it would be interesting to hear your views on our National team and our chances of making it to the World Cup!​

See less See more
#3 ·
Inshalla we beat them, they won by luck the last 2 times against us. Batelco is really supporting the team, 20,000 free megaphones and I think the federation will give out 25,000 free national team shirts.

The thing I really hate about the AFC is that they and it's soo clear this time, want Japan and South Korea to qualify, especially since their performances aren't as good as before. Just read the latest about their upcoming qualifying matches and you'll know.

Again, allah kareem and if we win and then get a point from Iran and beat N. Korea, Japan needs to draw one match (after Bahrain) and we're through. I assume Iran who only need 4 points and given their performance, will qualify directly.

#10 ·
Lucky u obi-wan i envy you!!

Man I think this is one of the strongest teams bahrain has ever had. Does anyone know if Alaa Hubail will be back? He isnt the best player, but he knows how to be in the right place at the right time!! and he had a brilliant season and ended up as one of the top scorers in the qatar league! ANyway with or without out top scorer I still believe we can make it inshAllah.

As for the Japan game well WE HAVE TO WIN IT. ..otherwise we can kiss the world cup goodbye!!!! I think our coach sidka said that we can only realisticly aim for the third place play off but I believe we can get an automatic qualifaction only IF WE BEAT JAPAN. And you know how demotivated our players can get!!!

Well as crucial as the Japan game is I think the game against Iran in the 100000 capacity Azadi stadium will be the hardest. The Iranian (fans and team) seem to hate Bahrain with a vengance after we elimanated them from 2002 world cup. Ive been reading Iranian forums around the net and they are so hooked on humiliating us for their revenge!!! Our boys are going to have a tough time out there in Azadi but anything is possible in football!!!!

#12 ·
Skyline-BRN said:
The Iranian (fans and team) seem to hate Bahrain with a vengance after we elimanated them from 2002 world cup.
Iranians hate all Arabs with a vengeance, generally, whether it was about football or not.

Ireland eliminated Iran from the last world cup qualifiers. I don't follow football but I remember that because I met the players at a mall in Dublin.

I recall the UAE was once up against South Korea and Japan. S. Korea already had guaranteed entry, but the competition was between Japan and the UAE. S. Korea lost against Japan on purpose to get them in, because they were both jointly hosting the World Cup that year, and FIFA badly wanted them to get in as well.

I don't know anything about football, but I know that :) So there you go.. you're doomed.

#13 · (Edited)
blackforest said:
Iranians hate all Arabs with a vengeance, generally, whether it was about football or not.

Ireland eliminated Iran from the last world cup qualifiers. I don't follow football but I remember that because I met the players at a mall in Dublin.
Well politics aside I think they hate us for supposedly "cheating" and "helping" the Saudis get in over them, despite Saudi being a competitor (just like iran) to Bahrain. The only reason Iran had to play Ireland was because they failed to gain the automatic asian qualification and had to result to the runner up play-off against another european runner up (Ireland).

The Iran-Bahrain game in the WCQ 2002 was the determinant for either Iran or Saudi to go through. Bahrain by this last game did not have a chance to qualify, but by beating Iran (3-1) we prevented them from getting the points they were expecting to beat the Saudis to the qualifiaction spot. However what further annoyed them was that one of our players had raised the Saudi flag at the end of the match. Many Iranian fans still accuse the match to be fixed and that our team had taken bribes from the Saudi's to motivate their defeat. Iranian fans blame Bahrain for shattering their world cup dreams four years ago and have ever since been seeking revenge.

But all these issues aside it was a great achievement for us and it was one of the games that signified the great improvement of the Bahraini football. Infact Bahrain came to win the FIFA 'most improved team' award later on that year.

#16 ·
Skyline-BRN said:
Well politics aside I think they hate us for supposedly "cheating" and "helping" the Saudis get in over them, despite Saudi being a competitor (just like iran) to Bahrain. The only reason Iran had to play Ireland was because they failed to gain the automatic asian qualification and had to result to the runner up play-off against another european runner up (Ireland).

The Iran-Bahrain game in the WCQ 2002 was the determinant for either Iran or Saudi to go through. Bahrain by this last game did not have a chance to qualify, but by beating Iran (3-1) we prevented them from getting the points they were expecting to beat the Saudis to the qualifiaction spot. However what further annoyed them was that one of our players had raised the Saudi flag at the end of the match. Many Iranian fans still accuse the match to be fixed and that our team had taken bribes from the Saudi's to motivate their defeat. Iranian fans blame Bahrain for shattering their world cup dreams four years ago and have ever since been seeking revenge.

But all these issues aside it was a great achievement for us and it was one of the games that signified the great improvement of the Bahraini football. Infact Bahrain came to win the FIFA 'most improved team' award later on that year.
How can they say that the match fixed when we beat them not Saudi, they had the qualification in their hands and lost.
Anyways I hope that everyone who goes to watch the game live sings all the time even when we are loosing. Mata'3liboona!

#18 · (Edited)
ebraheej said:
How can they say that the match fixed when we beat them not Saudi, they had the qualification in their hands and lost.
Anyways I hope that everyone who goes to watch the game live sings all the time even when we are loosing. Mata'3liboona!
Trust me man I am just as confused as you are....some of the Iranian football forums around the net have some pretty nasty messages against us! I could post some links here but I dont want to get us as angry as they are. I say we wait for the game and see what happenns then. Anyway as I said earlier this will be our toughest game becase they will be seeking to win this game more than anyother! Not to mention the 100 000 angry fans that we will have to face -very intimidating for the team, but I think we are used to playing infront of large numbers of away fans!

#19 ·
27/05/05 : BAHRAIN VS SAUDI (FRIENDLY MATCH)

خاض منتخبنا الوطني لكرة القدم مساء أمس تدريبه الأول على استاد الأمير فيصل بن فهد بالملز في الرياض استعدادا لمباراته الدولية الودية مع نظيره السعودي والتي ستقام في التاسعة من مساء غد على استاد الملك فهد الدولي في التجربة الأخيرة للمنتخبين قبل مباراتيهما أمام اليابان والكويت يوم 3 يونيو المقبل في الجولة الرابعة من التصفيات الآسيوية النهائية لكأس العالم

واشتمل التدريب الذي استمر ساعة ونصف ساعة على الاحماء وتطبيق تكتيكات دفاعية وهجومية وتسديد على المرمى من الجهات المختلفة ثم إجراء تقسيمة بين فريقين بمشاركة جميع اللاعبين العشرين الذين غادروا مع المنتخب إلى الرياض.
وسيجري منتخبنا مساء اليوم تدريبه الثاني والمقرر على أستاد الملك فهد الدولي الذي ستقام عليه المباراة إذ طلبت إدارة منتخبنا إقامة التدريب في وقت مبكر بحيث يبدأ في السادسة أو السابعة مساء بدلا من الموعد المحدد في التاسعة مساء الذي تحفظ عليه الجهاز الفني لمنتخبنا لكونه متأخرا ويمتد إلى الحادية عشرة ليلا وهو غير مناسب وخصوصا أنه يأتي عشية المباراة.

Bahrain Football Association

:cucumber: :pepper: :cucumber: :pepper: :cucumber: :pepper: :cucumber: :pepper: :cucumber: :pepper: :cucumber: :pepper: :cucumber: :pepper: :cucumber: :pepper: :cucumber: :pepper: :cucumber: :pepper: :cucumber: :pepper: :cucumber: :pepper:

#21 ·
Skyline-BRN said:
Trust me man I am just as confused as you are....some of the Iranian football forums around the net have some pretty nasty messages against us! I could post some links here but I dont want to get us as angry as they are. I say we wait for the game and see what happenns then. Anyway as I said earlier this will be our toughest game becase they will be seeking to win this game more than anyother! Not to mention the 100 000 angry fans that we will have to face -very intimidating for the team, but I think we are used to playing infront of large numbers of away fans!

I don't find a reason for that anger !!

Iran loost against Bahrain because Bahrain played better, for what reason Bahrain won, to support saudi or whatever is no matter, so what, didn't the best at that evening won? that's it..

#23 ·
Bahrain and Saudi used different tactics in the game, ifriendlies are a trial and not a real judgement (la etwaday wala etyeeb). Bahrain's tactic is to close the back and construct efficient attacks starting from the wings i.e. strong counter attack. If Japan don't get lucky, we'll beat them inshalla.

About that Iran anger thing, they have been very racists against us Bahrainis all due to the fact that our player lifted the Saudi flag and not due to the score. I talked to an Iranians whom I met on a train and he told me that they were angry with the players after the match but that flag thing is the one that made em angry. Well all I can say is that alla m3nah inshalla fee Azadi infront of those 120,000 fans. It'll be our toughest game and am sure the Iranians want to see this match and beat us more than any other.

#25 ·
It was Ahmed Hassan who raised the flag if am not wrong. Anyways:

THOUSANDS of Japanese soccer fans are expected to cheer on their national team in its 2006 World Cup qualifier match against Bahrain tomorrow. Hundreds arrived yesterday but the majority are staying only for the duration of the match, which will begin at the Bahrain National Stadium from 7.30pm.

"More than 2,000 Japanese fans will arrive in Bahrain to support their team," Japanese Embassy second secretary Yoshida Tonohiko told the GDN.

Accommodation had been arranged with travel agents in Japan and Bahrain for those who are staying over for one day, he said.

Mr Tonohiko said a 100-strong Press and media delegation will also be in Bahrain to cover the match.

Meanwhile, the 32-member Japanese delegation, including 25 players, arrived to Bahrain yesterday, headed by Japan Football Association president Saburu Kawabuchi.

The team arrived from Abu Dhabi following a three-day training camp ahead of their match against Bahrain.

Local travel agency House of Travel said it had made arrangements for more than 800 Japanese fans to visit Bahrain for the match.

An agency spokesman said around 350 fans had already arrived, including VIPs, journalists and television crew.

He said the travel package, including for those who will arrive on the day of the match, features tours to various sites in Bahrain.

Fans arriving on the day of the match will be returning to their country following the game on chartered flights.

#26 ·
Japaneese Spy cam found in Bahrain National Stadium

ذكرت وسائل الإعلام البحرينية اليوم أن لاعبي المنتخب البحريني تمكنوا من كشف كاميرا تجسسية يابانية وضعت في مدرجات الأستاد الوطني الذي يتدرب عليه المنتخب البحريني حاليا وستقام عليه مباراة الجمعة بين المنتخبين الياباني والبحريني .

وقالت وسائل الإعلان أن البحرينيين كانوا قد وافقوا في وقت سابق على ان يضع اليابانيون هذه الكاميرا بعد أن بينوا لهم أنها من أجل تصوير لقات خاصة للقاء يوم الجمعة المقبل , إلا أن لاعبي البحرين في تدريب الأمس لمحوا تحرك الكاميرا ليكتشفوا أخيرا بعد اقترابهم منها اكثر أنها كانت تصور تدريب المنتخب البحريني ويتم التحكم فيها بجهاز (ريموت كنترو&#1604 عن بعد .

هذا وقام المسؤولون البحرينيون بتفكيك الكاميرا وإزالتها من مكانها وتم إبلاغ اليابانيين بذلك .

a japanese spy cam was found hidden in the bahraini national stadium, which is where the bahraini national team is currently doing its practices and where the game will be held on 2morow. the camera has been noticed to move around during practice. and later to be discovered that it was a remote control camera.

Japanese officials have been contacted about this issue, and the camera was removed.

:bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.