SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Need help, coming to bahrian !!

4K views 34 replies 12 participants last post by  TimHarrisHarrow 
#1 ·
I am comming to Bahrian on the Wednesday the 16th of this month. I will be with my friend who is going to get married there on Friday.

1. Can u suggest me some fine hotels there (excluding Al Khaleej) with the prices plz?

I went the summer before to a 4 star hotel and I wasnt impressed. There were whores everywhere inside it and the sound of the night club was too loud that I couldnt sleep. I mean if they want to do that let them but not in a 4 star hotel.

2. Where to go in bahrian? beside Al Seef mall?

#2 ·
Welcome first of all,

I would suggest the new hotels all are 4 or 5 stars :

1-Novotel (looks like mina al salam from the exterior) bu smaller.. on the sea ... ****

2-Movenpick (in Muharraq) adjacent to airport *****

3-Mercure (next to Seef) ****

4-Retz Carlton ***** The best in Bahrain

Places to go??

if you come on the 10th you will be able to attent the fastest race on earth, the Dragster! at the BIC.

#8 ·
Mercure isn't exactly a hotel...Its supposed to be...But its more like Shikak findiqiyah...But i've been there...Its great...I think the prices are good too...Its relatively spacious...Compared to regular hotels...But it really is top notch...And an excellent location...It'll cost approx. 50 BD for a 1 bedroom apartment...Which includes the bedroom, bathroom obviously, a nice living room with a little kitchen...And u can ask for extra beds if u need any...The couch can turn into a bed itself...Its excellent...You can have a few ppl stay all in a 1 bedroom apartment...With extra beds and stuff, if ur all guys, and u want to save some money...

In case u didn't know, its located on Sheikh Khalifa Highway...Right in front of Al Aali Mall...So its within walking distance, (like less than a minute away) of Al Aali Mall, and Seef Mall too...

#13 ·
I am comming to Bahrian on the Wednesday the 16th of this month. I will be with my friend who is going to get married there on Friday.

1. Can u suggest me some fine hotels there (excluding Al Khaleej) with the prices plz?

I went the summer before to a 4 star hotel and I wasnt impressed. There were whores everywhere inside it and the sound of the night club was too loud that I couldnt sleep. I mean if they want to do that let them but not in a 4 star hotel.

If you want to avoid the whores and prositututes, I advise a 5 star hotel. You won't see that kind of crazy stuff there and you will be more comfortable.

Anyway, Mercure Grand is a 4 star, but it is an exception, like Bahraini Patriot said. It is new, the rooms are quite good, the prices more reasonable than 5 star and the location is excellent (it in Seef area where all the main malls and restaurants are)

Anyway, I don't advise the football game unless you're a REALLY big fan. The stadium isnt that good, crowded and would be hard to enjoy the game.

Like BP said, Fun Land might be fun to kill a few hours if you want to do some bowling or ice skating. And near the area there they have the corniche and a walk with some shisha cafes if you would like to take a walk there (if the weather is right :D)

BAsically, if you stay in Mercure Grand everything you need will be around you:

Bahrain Mall: Has Food Court and Geant Hypermarket

Seef Mall: You already know about that

Aali Mall: 1 minute walk from Mercure Grand. Has a haircut salon for men. Al Bindaira Cafe for shisha also.

Many casual dining restaurants in the area also.

#15 ·
smussuw said:

smussuw, you can check the below list of some good hotel's websites:
http://www.mercurebahrain.com/
http://www.accorhotels.com/accorhotels/fichehotel/gb/nov/3600/fiche_services.shtml
http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sheraton/search/hotel_detail.html?propertyID=435
http://www.albander.com/
http://www.bahraingp.com.bh/bahrain-links.html

#21 ·
Ok, let's see, you have endless food and cafe choice, I can tell you Bahrain is the best in the gulf for that, I didn't just make that up.

For food, I dunno where to start. A really good atmosphere is Tradervichs. Now I know that you have one somewhere in Dubai but it's not comparable. It's a Hawaiian restaurant / bar and they play latin music on selected days. It's in the Ritz so it's really good and the location is superb. I go there on good occasions, I don't drink but I enjoy the food and music.

If you like steak, I've been told Rick's Country Kitchen is superb. It's in Juffair, again restaurant/bar. For Mexican food, Senor Pacos is really good. Main one is in Adliya with one in seef. If you want really good juices, waterlemon next to Al A'ali shoppin mall is nice. If you want superb Moroccan food, Marrakech in Dilmun hotel if am not wrong is really good. Another good place, it's also a restaurant/bar is in Adliya. It's called Upstairs Downstairs, it has been redesigned and it's really nice with great food. If you want Japanese food, Sato in the Gulf Hotel which you don't want is really good. If you want Saudi food in a place where it feels like you're in Saudi or Yemen and not Bahrain, go to Mohd Noor in Exhibition Road (ilm3re'6) lol. If you want very nice Italian food, Primavera in the Ritz is excellent. For Thai food, you can go to Blue Elephant (largest in the world). If you want Tikka, well Tikka Abul or Ameen are good hehe.

If you want somethin Bahraini, go to Suraj and try Malqoom :hahaha: or Jasmis, our local fast food restaurant (I hate fast food).

I can go on for hours about food, but this is just a slice of the cake. I'll write more later inshalla :).

#22 ·
Bahraini Spirit said:
Ok, let's see, you have endless food and cafe choice, I can tell you Bahrain is the best in the gulf for that, I didn't just make that up.

For food, I dunno where to start. A really good atmosphere is Tradervichs. Now I know that you have one somewhere in Dubai but it's not comparable. It's a Hawaiian restaurant / bar and they play latin music on selected days. It's in the Ritz so it's really good and the location is superb. I go there on good occasions, I don't drink but I enjoy the food and music.

If you like steak, I've been told Rick's Country Kitchen is superb. It's in Juffair, again restaurant/bar. For Mexican food, Senor Pacos is really good. Main one is in Adliya with one in seef. If you want really good juices, waterlemon next to Al A'ali shoppin mall is nice. If you want superb Moroccan food, Marrakech in Dilmun hotel if am not wrong is really good. Another good place, it's also a restaurant/bar is in Adliya. It's called Upstairs Downstairs, it has been redesigned and it's really nice with great food. If you want Japanese food, Sato in the Gulf Hotel which you don't want is really good. If you want Saudi food in a place where it feels like you're in Saudi or Yemen and not Bahrain, go to Mohd Noor in Exhibition Road (ilm3re'6) lol. If you want very nice Italian food, Primavera in the Ritz is excellent. For Thai food, you can go to Blue Elephant (largest in the world). If you want Tikka, well Tikka Abul or Ameen are good hehe.

If you want somethin Bahraini, go to Suraj and try Malqoom :hahaha: or Jasmis, our local fast food restaurant (I hate fast food).

I can go on for hours about food, but this is just a slice of the cake. I'll write more later inshalla :).
man dont mis Monsoon (Thai and Japanese), Mirai (Japanese), Zoe (International), and Takht Jamsheed in the Sheraton (Iranian)

here is more: Lilos (French), cicos, Pamadora(Italian), Olivito(Italian), Roma(Italian), HongKong (Chinese).. and more in the same area

#24 ·
smussuw, avoid 4 star hotels and especially furnished apartments because thats where alot of people go to for "ahem ahem"...

5 star hotels are better. i suggest you go to ritz carlton (formerly meridien). its one of the best hotels in bahrain, big, spaceous, no whores, no filth, good service, etc.

or...

5 star Sheraton Manama. Sheraton also has a good rep.

Movenpick airport hotel (although its 4-star) but dont worry its a good 4 star hotel and it has good security = no whores...

======================

now to have enjoyment,

go to the bahrain international circuit, there may be some tournaments and such

go to bahrain vs trinidad game

visit the national history museum and go to south bahrain and see bahrains oldest tree.

go to sakhir, south bahrain is very lovely, beautiful beaches.

go to the bahrain border tower, near saudi border

take boat trips bla bla bla

http://www.ritzcarlton.com/resorts/bahrain/default.html

Average prices:

ritz carlton:$238.73

sheraton:$119.36

regency intercontinental:$127.32

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.