SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Who do you think will win tommorow's finale match?

• Bahrain

Votes: 11 52.4%
  • Trinidad and Tobago

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Tie, which qualifies Bahrain (0-0)

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Tie, which qualifies T&T (2-2 or more)

Votes: 0 0.0%

Bahrain vs Trinidad and Tobago

5K views 68 replies 18 participants last post by  Natural Bahraini 
#1 ·
So who do you think will win the match tommorow?

It will be broadcasted around 7:00pm local time (Al-Manama).

Heres a current list of matches which the teams played...

=======================================

Bahrain:

12-Nov-05 TRI:BHR 1:1 (0:0)
12-Oct-05 BHR:UZB 0:0
08-Oct-05 UZB:BHR 1:1 (1:1)
17-Aug-05 BHR:pRK 2:3 (0:2)
08-Jun-05 IRN:BHR 1:0 (0:0)
03-Jun-05 BHR:JPN 0:1 (0:1)
30-Mar-05 JPN:BHR 1:0 (0:0)
25-Mar-05 PRK:BHR 1:2 (0:1)
09-Feb-05 BHR:IRN 0:0
17-Nov-04 BHR:TJK 4:0 (3:0)
13-Oct-04 SYR:BHR 2:2 (2:1)
08-Sep-04 KGZ:BHR 1:2 (0:1)
09-Jun-04 BHR:KGZ 5:0 (2:0)
31-Mar-04 TJK:BHR 0:0
18-Feb-04 BHR:SYR 2:1 (0:0)

Trinidad and Tobago:

12-Nov-05 TRI:BHR 1:1 (0:0)
12-Oct-05 TRI:MEX 2:1 (1:1)
08-Oct-05 PAN:TRI 0:1 (0:0)
07-Sep-05 CRC:TRI 2:0 (1:0)
03-Sep-05 TRI:GUA 3:2 (0:1)
17-Aug-05 USA:TRI 1:0 (1:0)
08-Jun-05 MEX:TRI 2:0 (0:0)
04-Jun-05 TRI:pAN 2:0 (1:0)
30-Mar-05 TRI:CRC 0:0
26-Mar-05 GUA:TRI 5:1 (3:1)
09-Feb-05 TRI:USA 1:2 (0:1)
17-Nov-04 TRI:VIN 2:1 (0:0)
13-Oct-04 MEX:TRI 3:0 (1:0)
10-Oct-04 TRI:SKN 5:1 (2:1)
08-Sep-04 TRI:MEX 1:3 (1:2)
04-Sep-04 SKN:TRI 1:2 (1:1)
18-Aug-04 VIN:TRI 0:2 (0:0)
20-Jun-04 TRI:DOM 4:0 (0:0)
13-Jun-04 DOM:TRI 0:2 (0:0)

=======================================

Judging by the number of wins, Trinidad secured more wins than Bahrain in its group stages. They also scored more goals. However, Bahrain seems to have a constant/steady approach towards each match. For example, they lost 3 matches with a score of 1-0, they tied 0-0, lost 2-3, won 2-1, tied 1-1, etc. They dont fluctuate as badly as Trinidad.

Whereas Trinidad's match results seems to fluctuate too much. One day they win 5-1, and then the next day they lost 5-1 or 3-0.

However, if you think about it, Trinidad is playing against more competitive teams, and they proved Bahrain the ability of tieing the match. So this one will be pretty close, but I still think that Trinidad has the upper-hand (sorry Bahrain, but I dont trust the Bahraini team because of lack of co-operation).

But I hope the best for my muslim brothers tommorow, we all want to see another Gulf team in the world cup. =)

PS: Vote!

See less See more
#29 ·
bahrain isnt going to germany for sure.

but i urge the bahraini people to force the football federation to file a lawsuit against the referee and fairness of the game. bahrain scored a goal and it was not counted even though it fits rules and regulations of fifa football.

#31 ·
hard luck guys.. bahrani goal was correct dont know the refere was scared to count it..... anyway the bahraini player did do anything in the game and didnt even give good passes !!!

bahrain 2010.. lol yee

#32 ·
i think this is once in a lifetime opportunity for bahrain, gone to waste!

in my opinion bahrain will never come close to the world cup as they did in this event. this was their so called "golden" team, yet this "golden team" didnt acheive anything:

1. not gulf cup
2. not asian cup or even medal!
3. not even world cup qualification
4. heck, not even arab cup gold

so i think its fair to say, bahrain probably doesnt deserve it. i urge bahrainis to file a complaint to fifa and reschedule match again, even if its not in bahrani but in another country (like kuwait), but i dont know, they might lose again lol.

the team tied its last 3 matches, lost 4 matches before that, tied one match, only WON ONE single match against north korea. i think if uzbekistan played trinidad then the outcomes mightve been different but lets not put our hopes down too much because trinidad is a good team. it beat mexico 2-1, beat guatemala 3-2, hardly lost 1-2 to USA, so dont worry lol...

yalla, hard luck

#37 ·
they were angry at the referee's decision of not counting that vital goal, and i dont blame them. but another BIG portion of their anger goes out to their bahraini team, but i still cannot blame the fans. sometimes, when a team loses the match, its supporters go home sad and unhappy, but they still have a faint smile on their faces because they knew that their team gave a REALLY hard time for its opponents and they feel optimistic about the next chance of qualifying. but in case with bahrain, the team really didnt do well. there was lack of cooperation. the bahrainis didnt know whos taking the free kick, sometimes they collide together, other times they yell at each other and waste time, and they played really defensive thinking that a tie will do.

as i remember the kuwaiti commentator saying "teams who come to draw often lose. we know, we're experienced". and i fully agree, it reminds me of kuwait's chances with uzbekistan. so really, bahrain lost big opportunities, in the end tinidad deserves it, they won more matches, scored more goals, played more serious football.

hard luck, and good luck in repairing the seats lol :rofl:

#39 · (Edited)
Besides the last shot and the goal that was not counted (if it ever was a goal), as always, bs play by Bahrain in big games, nothin to cheer about. We're used to it, we won't achieve anythin really. This team plays better away from home but at home, when the fans bother to show up, they screw up big time. T&T deserve to go through, no doubt about that.

Forget goin to the world cup, we'll be lucky that we go, well anytime in my lifetime. And remember, Australia is playin in Asia startin from next time so it's even harder. Am sure Bahrain will complain to Fifa about the goal, but nothin will happen.

Am sure you guys in Bahrain now have the team to thank for ruining your weekend. Am just goin on with my life, nothin new really.

#40 ·
If anyone thinks that this was a goal , well think twice because it was not,,

And the person who said this is according to FIFA rules! on what basis you made this comment? Which is incorrect of course, read the references on same incidents in the past!

T and T were not lucky, they just palyed better, and I accept this fact, however i have any ey on the future, i mean early 2008, we have a good team and some worthed experiences which are somthing to be invested starting from today and into the future of our football history.

Sad, but we gained a United Bahrain...

Hoping, and the future is ours..

I want to thank the players for their efforts.

one more thing is that the king ordered a villa and a grant of BHD 20,000.00 to each player.

#41 ·
Moody said:
If anyone thinks that this was a goal , well think twice because it was not,,

And the person who said this is according to FIFA rules! on what basis you made this comment? Which is incorrect of course, read the references on same incidents in the past!

T and T were not lucky, they just palyed better, and I accept this fact, however i have any ey on the future, i mean early 2008, we have a good team and some worthed experiences which are somthing to be invested starting from today and into the future of our football history.

Sad, but we gained a United Bahrain...

Hoping, and the future is ours..

I want to thank the players for their efforts.

one more thing is that the king ordered a villa and a grant of BHD 20,000.00 to each player.
the villa and 20,000 bahraini dinars were for bahraini players, had they won the match

and in fifa rules, if im not mistaken and if the commentator and the dozens of other people arent mistaken, states that when a ball has left the goal keeper's hands and is airborne then it can be deflected by an opponent and scored. and it makes sense if you think about it.

but whether or not this law is true, im sure bahraini spirit is right. fifa wont do anything and the bahrainis probably wont bother because they know how unreliable their team is...

problem with bahrain is that its going through a bad depression. the team didnt acheive earlier awards so they started not to trust themselves. bis yalla, better luck next time, i hope they make it to world cup, but im starting to doubt it...

#42 ·
what a shame, what a crying shame.....once again the Bahrain National Team crush the hearts of thousands of Bahrainis. :(

SHame on them, and Shame on the FA for once again choosing another Sidka.

We were succesfull in the Asian Cup because f Juric who ALWAYS thought our players to go for the win.

Bahraini SPirit delete this thread as it is a disgrace to our country!! We dont need reminding of this sad day!!!

#43 ·
Skyline-BRN said:
what a shame, what a crying shame.....once again the Bahrain National Team crush the hearts of thousands of Bahrainis. :(

SHame on them, and Shame on the FA for once again choosing another Sidka.

We were succesfull in the Asian Cup because f Juric who ALWAYS thought our players to go for the win.

Bahraini SPirit delete this thread as it is a disgrace to our country!! We dont need reminding of this sad day!!!
thre will be better times :pet:

#45 ·
Kuwaiti said:
the villa and 20,000 bahraini dinars were for bahraini players, had they won the match
No Kuwaiti..They were promised that, and a car too had they won...Not even just that, it said up to 50,000 dinars for each player...These were incentives the MP's agreed on...But after they lost the game, and all this too, the king still ordered a villa and 20,000 dinars for each player...I'm not sure they deserve it though :runaway:

But our King is good.. :) Though I wonder if this means its going to be out of his pocket, or the national budget..! :tongue2:

#46 ·
^^ tough luck guys, i really thought bahrain would end up in a 0-0 tie.

are you guys serios? you guys really dont think bahrain will make it to worldcup 2010? if they keep up their training i think they will make it for sure!

#51 ·
no one should be ashamed of a loss. its nothing to be ashamed of, bahrain tried hard this year.

what is more shameful is what happened after the game. its not the player's fualt in my opinion, its just wasnt meant to be i guess. hopefully 2010

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.