SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Sould Bahrain forum be better organized?

3K views 23 replies 8 participants last post by  Bahraini Spirit 
#1 ·
Ive been noticing that there have been an increasing number of threads regarding non-project issues in the Bahrain forum. I enjoy reading these threads and think they do provide very good discussions however i feel that the project threads have been somewhat drowned and almost forgotten about.. therefore I suggest that the Bahrain projects thread should have a section of its own.

Bahrain Projects Section (separate forum within the Bahrain forum)- including news, updates and pictures of all related projects in the island.

Bahrain General forum- (current Bahrain forum space) This section is where ther Bahrain related discussion threads are posted including Members discussion, island Picture galleries, Bahrain businesses, Bahrain politics, Sports, Events, Social issues, and blah blah blah threads..

If B.Spriti could consider this I think it would result in a more organised forum where people can manage, find and update discussions on projects more easily.

what do yoou guys think? :cheers:

#3 ·
I agree we do need some form of organisation around here. I think other than a sub-forum we also need a close overview thread will links to the current and upcoming projects. We also need a simplified thread in which each project is given a single page that contains the details of the project including a few renders and a couple of up-to-date pics.

#5 ·
What aggravates me is the lack of information and updates by the government for many of the projects. For example what’s the news on the (BIIP) they announced the project and that’s it? For those who never heard about it, it’s the investment park which is going to be established in the new Khalifa Port. Anyone got news about it?

#7 ·
I did post a thread a long time ago and no one I think replied to it or so. Looks cool though, first time I see a render. As you said, you get a press release and that's it.

So guys, gimme some sample layouts for the forum like number of subforums and their headings so that we can all agree on somethin and I'll raise the issue :).

#11 ·
Bahraini Spirit said:
I've been thinkin of it, well let's see what others want. I've created many stickies to do just that but it's probably time we did a subforum. I have to talk to Jan about it and see what happens.
Agree , consult with Jan.
Look at the Malaysia and Thailand Forum ... maybe we can make similiar to them.

101 % supporint you :D

#15 ·
I was thinking also maybe for the sub forums we should have a split between skyscrapers and a separate for for discussions of projects of like of e.g. durrat, amwaj, alarren etc.....

ofcourse the general gossip and other bahrain discussion and stickies will be in the genral section that is first displayed when someone clicks on the bharain link in the mid east forum...

anyway we should experiment with sectioning and if it dont go well we can always change it...I trust b.spirit is woking on the most effictive way to reorganize this forum :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.