SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Wellington Place | No. 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, 12 - Comp || 1, 9, 13, 14a, 14b - Proposed

692K views 3K replies 168 participants last post by  planningmad 
#1 · (Edited)
I feel like a new thread is in order to mark the imminent construction of number 10. The old thread seemed a bit of a lost cause, lacking in any real information, renders and start dates.

UPDATE
Construction of number 10 has started
Live webcam
http://www.mepc.com/wellingtonplace/LiveProgress.aspx

Number 5 Wellington Place
58,5850 sq ft

Number 10 Wellington Place
35,273 sq ft

Number 3 Wellington Place
106,895 sq ft

Number 7 Wellington Place
109,000 sq ft

See less See more
#1,123 · (Edited)
http://www.mepc.com/parklife/wellin...30763751&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

New pedestrian routes to Wellington Place
07/07/2016

Due to the further development of Wellington Place we will be introducing new pedestrian routes.
From week commencing Monday 11th July the route from the corner of Wellington Street and Northern Street and past 10 Wellington Place will be temporarily closed. However there will be a new route further down Northern Street which will take you past 5 & 6 Wellington Place to Tower Square and 10 Wellington Place, alternatively you can walk down Wellington Street and past Benson House to gain access into Wellington Place.
We apologise for any inconvenience.

#1,125 ·
Just a couple of things,
Shepherd will not be building any more buildings as they no longer exist as they were bought out by Wates so Wates will be building the next phase.
The architects and engineers have also changed.
The site build team is much the same so the quality should remain.
Works on building 3 will I am told start next week with trial holes before excavation and piling.
#excitingtimes

#1,150 ·
sounds like a good idea, as a cyclist i always use the path on Whitehall road or cut through the whitehall riverside car park. I saw a new cycle lane on York road the other day and was pleased and surprised that it's separated by concrete strips from the traffic and over a metre away from the inside lane. Don't know how they're going to get round the roundabout though when it reaches there as the paths are quite narrow.