daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Fun Forums > Creative Corner > The Drawing Board > Sim City

Sim City Discussions and showcase

Old March 11th, 2007, 06:58 PM   #1
reinhart87
heal the world

Location: Jakarta, Toronto, Groningen, Leuven, Tilburg, Shanghai
Likes (Received): 4

questions about airport/seaport

hi guys it's me again.. i am back not with million questions as i always do, this time it's just two.

it seems that everytime i build an airport or a seaport, i always make it overcrowded and then the advicor will say that i should expand it but the effectiveness of the airport or seaport is still very low. should i then create two airports in a medium or large city? do these two even help my city's growth?

second question is related with the first question. eventhough my airports and seaports are overconstrained, i don't see any ships or airplanes moving around.. not even in regional overview.. did i do something wrong or is it just my system is messed-up?

well.. i appreaciate you answers. sorry in advance if these two had been asked before. possibly you can send me a link on where to see the answers.

danke, dankje, thanks, mercy, xiexie ni, terima kasih, grazie, gracias, ありがとう, obrigado, 너를 감사하십시요
reinhart87 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old March 12th, 2007, 03:03 AM   #2
Dallas star
Everything Texas

Likes (Received): 44

I dont think seaports help at all it should be better too just have a good rail system. When ever i build a seaport I keep having to build more and more so i just dont build any now!
Dallas star no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2007, 01:44 PM   #3
reinhart87
heal the world

thanks dallas star... any other cares to share you comments? i am so frustrated to see my airports being overcrowded but yet there is no single airplane can be found flying around...
Old March 16th, 2007, 03:45 AM   #4
djrules5454

Likes (Received): 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by reinhart87 View Post
thanks dallas star... any other cares to share you comments? i am so frustrated to see my airports being overcrowded but yet there is no single airplane can be found flying around...
Maybe your graphic settings (for the game) are all on low. You can change them under the options menu when in region view.
Old March 16th, 2007, 04:09 AM   #5
Dallas star
Everything Texas

Likes (Received): 44

ya maybe is ur graphic settings also are you using the "fightthepower" cheat?
If you are you need to build a coal power plant... As I found out!
Dallas star no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2007, 01:11 PM   #6
reinhart87
heal the world

ach so..... thank you so much! yeah i am not using maximum graphic settings and some of my bigger cities do use fightthepower cheat. weee i am very excited now!! btw, how do you arrange between which cities deserve international airport and which deserve only small landing strip or municipal?
Old March 17th, 2007, 06:17 AM   #7
djrules5454

Likes (Received): 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by reinhart87 View Post
ach so..... thank you so much! yeah i am not using maximum graphic settings and some of my bigger cities do use fightthepower cheat. weee i am very excited now!! btw, how do you arrange between which cities deserve international airport and which deserve only small landing strip or municipal?
The cities size, ability to pay for it, and need for commercial growth. (Airports stimulate commercial growth in cities that don't have super-negative commercial demand)